Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
IMG_7393.jpeg

Hlacar, Parsons, Dirracolo, Stark, Anstis are out tonight. schaubel gets the start

Last edited:

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
I found it interesting that Erie recently signed Da Silva. Not surprising to me to see him and Boulton square off.

.......and of course Kitchener signed Hlacar. Maybe my imagination, but is there a Midwest division trend here ? :)
Yes, there very much is a Midwest trend. Every team in the division has a "guy" it seems.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
5-0 is pretty impressive. Are you fans happy?

Keep in mind they were shoot-outs. Kitchener mostly played with the line-up you'll see going into the season with only a few substituting each game. Other teams were missing some key players in each of those games.

I can't speak for others, but I sure don't expect any miracles this season. Still, it will be fun to watch the kids develop. I believe teams like Sarnia, Guelph and Owen Sound also have some young-ish teams, so arguably those games might be more of a gauge. Windsor maybe too, but I think that team is going to do better than a lot predict. That is just my own feeling.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
It’s preseason…it doesn’t matter and no one besides Kitchener is playing with a close to full line up. Kitchener will have some ugly games I’m sure this year. I think all fans want is to see the young players get better this year. Once more trades happen it will get uglier but opens the door for the young players to take bigger roles which will help long term.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Rangers #3 goalie Schaubel vs Oster for Oshawa. Team defense kept shots away from Schaubel but Rangers young one seems to be gaining more confidence. Did a great job in the shootout. Should a top team lose a goalie due to injury this season, Parsons could become a trade target and be traded for picks. Edwards and Schaubel would be the tandem....young yes....but Rangers are rebuilding.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
It’s preseason…it doesn’t matter and no one besides Kitchener is playing with a close to full line up. Kitchener will have some ugly games I’m sure this year. I think all fans want is to see the young players get better this year. Once more trades happen it will get uglier but opens the door for the young players to take bigger roles which will help long term.
Tough to develop on IR! Down 3 players now.

Reactions: dirty12

I Mac 80

Jul 23, 2023
Just wondering if Headrick is out for an extended period of time, (hopefully not) does MM push that much more on getting Valentini here? That would guarantee him top nine mins for sure and potentially top six along with ice time on special teams. Just a thought as I have no knowledge on injuries etc and it makes sense that Headrick didn’t return last night given that it was only an exhibition game and hopefully it was more of a precaution than anything. Perhaps it. Will depend on the ice time Valentini might get in Chicago.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Just wondering if Headrick is out for an extended period of time, (hopefully not) does MM push that much more on getting Valentini here? That would guarantee him top nine mins for sure and potentially top six along with ice time on special teams. Just a thought as I have no knowledge on injuries etc and it makes sense that Headrick didn’t return last night given that it was only an exhibition game and hopefully it was more of a precaution than anything. Perhaps it. Will depend on the ice time Valentini might get in Chicago.
I think it will all depend on Valentini’s ice time and experience in Chicago. These injuries would not have stood in the way of Valentini playing up the lineup.

If he reports, he’ll be above Headrick and Anstis on the depth chart, injuries or not.

I Mac 80

Jul 23, 2023
According to Josh Brown Headrick has a badly fractured wrist and will be out weeks possibly months. That sucks for the young guy. I saw some potential for him for sure. Hopefully he recovers quickly

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I think it will all depend on Valentini’s ice time and experience in Chicago. These injuries would not have stood in the way of Valentini playing up the lineup.

If he reports, he’ll be above Headrick and Anstis on the depth chart, injuries or not.
If Valentini reports he's getting top 6 minutes eventually if not immediately. I'd love to see him and Romano together.

According to Josh Brown Headrick has a badly fractured wrist and will be out weeks possibly months. That sucks for the young guy. I saw some potential for him for sure. Hopefully he recovers quickly
Very sad. Hoping for a smooth, full recovery even if it takes a lot of time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad