Kitchener Rangers 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
And no matter how this deal came about, the OHL would be eager to see an elite Ontario player stay here rather then go to the States.

There are many factors that favour the Rangers not the least of which is the close proximity to family, the potential of playing on a Memorial Cup team, and an NHL-like experience in a venue with more than twice as many seats than where Chicago Steel plays (which looks like a glorified Activa rink).

Not to mention, of course, an incredibly supportive fan base, scouts at nearly every game, some of the greatest hockey rivalry around, and a coaching staff bar none. Etc.

Plus we'll throw in a Valentini Day promotion on Valentine's Day.....

...also some likely PP time as well as likely top 9 minutes - perhaps even top 6, depending on how things shake out.

That all is a very attractive list for the Valentini's to take in and consider as an option. Some teams in this league could offer some parts of that list, but none could offer all - not as how things stand with Kitchener right this moment and going forward two years from now. So should Valentini stick with his current plan of Chicago / Michigan, then he may have just chosen the NCAA route in general as his desired path. So who knows. I can't recall whether or not he had his heart set on that route from day 1 (?)

One could point to the Hage result for speculating on the outcome, but you could also argue that there were some different circumstances compared to this one.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
...also some likely PP time as well as likely top 9 minutes - perhaps even top 6, depending on how things shake out.

That all is a very attractive list for the Valentini's to take in and consider as an option. Some teams in this league could offer some parts of that list, but none could offer all - not as how things stand with Kitchener right this moment and going forward two years from now. So should Valentini stick with his current plan of Chicago / Michigan, then he may have just chosen the NCAA route in general as his desired path. So who knows. I can't recall whether or not he had his heart set on that route from day 1 (?)

One could point to the Hage result for speculating on the outcome, but you could also argue that there were some different circumstances compared to this one.
Kitchener does have all that you said which is much more attractive than recent history. They also have not had a first round NHL pick since 2012 - Radek Faksa. Michigan has had 14 first round NHL picks since 2017; 5 in 2021 alone.

If I was an elite player I know which route I'd choose right now. Just saying. If something would go awry we are a great alternative.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Just thinking out loud for Valentini here;

Swick, Romano, Lam, Ellinas have top six forward spots locked up.

Sale is in that group if he comes back.

Miseljevic or Pugliese could be the sixth forward depending upon which one they keep.

Pugliese is more suited for a bottom six role but he may be the better player to keep around for a rebuild. The way he plays could inspire the younger players and would want to look up to his work ethic. That would mean that Miseljevic gets traded / cut and it would leave a spot for Valentini in the top six.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Screenshot_20240906_145606_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Maybe Xu will report as well?

Can't wait for 7:00 pm when something real will be discussed.

Gondrex

Apr 10, 2017
Kitchener does have all that you said which is much more attractive than recent history. They also have not had a first round NHL pick since 2012 - Radek Faksa. Michigan has had 14 first round NHL picks since 2017; 5 in 2021 alone.

If I was an elite player I know which route I'd choose right now. Just saying. If something would go awry we are a great alternative.

Good research, and interesting facts. But it makes me wonder how many 1st round players a team like, say, the London Knights could produce if there were no draft in this league (i.e. "no sharing the wealth"), and no regional limits. I do think it's safe to say that the Michigan program is a very good one, and I will tell you there are many who know a heck of a lot more about the NCAA program than I do. I'm just hoping though that the Valentini's wouldn't look at it like that in isolation. Besides, as MM had recently pointed out, with the draft what it is in this league, Kitchener has not had the luxury of selecting very high in a long time.

In fairness, it is more than just the draft though. Coaching instability has been a problem here in recent seasons. I think now, with the hiring of JA last season and a a succession plan in place, I am hopeful that this organization finally has some actual stable, quality coaching going forward that will start producing a first rounder or two here and there. It's looking promising so far.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
Just thinking out loud for Valentini here;

Swick, Romano, Lam, Ellinas have top six forward spots locked up.

Sale is in that group if he comes back.

Miseljevic or Pugliese could be the sixth forward depending upon which one they keep.

Pugliese is more suited for a bottom six role but he may be the better player to keep around for a rebuild. The way he plays could inspire the younger players and would want to look up to his work ethic. That would mean that Miseljevic gets traded / cut and it would leave a spot for Valentini in the top six.
I wouldn't say Lam is a top six lock.

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
How did the PP look? Do the stats tell the story at 1/7. I know it wasn't good in the first 3 games.

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017

Well this would be Kitchener's chance to have a 1st rounder. :D

Chicago Steel lost 9-3 last night in their 1st pre-season game.....

Ref Hannah

Jul 19, 2024
A weeks worth of degect dreaming and not a single real post about the game? Was it really that bad? I was at the first 3 games...curious how last night looked. Glad to see Romano finally contributing. 🙌

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
He’d get third line minutes here at worst. That and stints up the lineup along with PP time.

Valentini is a left shooting forward. They have him at RW on the fourth line. Do they have him out of position or is he a left shooting RWer?
Going back to last year he mostly played centre (him and Cameron would flip flop as 1C for the Marlies) so could be somewhat new to him.

Good player though so could obviously adapt… just a matter of if that’s what he wants to do.

Also… small thing… but would it kill the social team to follow the guy on instagram for a little acknowledgement :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad