Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
They have to take the best players who they feel are the best bets to report, no matter the position.

After that, it’s easy enough to sort out the back end in a rebuilding season.

OA F out. OA D in. Then make a deal on the very cheap for a contender’s veteran D who finds themselves on the bubble.

Call us in January to take part in the bidding war!
😜
I’m sure there will be and it’ll be a big one. Flint needs help down the middle and at LW more though. They should hopefully be set on RW, D and in net this year.

Squirrel88

Jul 1, 2023
I thought for sure Kitchener would take a D. They likely want 2 more. Maybe Gaitens is one, if he signs. Not a lot of OA D on the market in the O. Maybe they look for someone clearing waivers in the Q or the W. Gotta think they want some experienced depth in place to cover an Ando trade.

A third pair of Dirracolo and Bilecki might be decent eventually, but seems questionable at the beginning of the season. Campbell on a first pair and MacNeil second also feels a slot too high. Might be some growing pains to start the season.

Reactions: Habsrule

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
I thought for sure Kitchener would take a D. They likely want 2 more. Maybe Gaitens is one, if he signs. Not a lot of OA D on the market in the O. Maybe they look for someone clearing waivers in the Q or the W. Gotta think they want some experienced depth in place to cover an Ando trade.

A third pair of Dirracolo and Bilecki might be decent eventually, but seems questionable at the beginning of the season. Campbell on a first pair and MacNeil second also feels a slot too high. Might be some growing pains to start the season.
For sure there will be growing pains to live with this season. But we'll live with them in what better be a sell off year.

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
The more I read about Kos...the more I'd like to see him in the lineup.
Excerpts from thehockeywriters.com by Stefano Rubino:

"One of the best aspects of Kos’ game is his relentless competitiveness every time he’s on the ice. He never takes a shift off and always keeps his feet moving. Kos excels at applying pressure both on the forecheck and the backcheck, constantly hounding the puck carrier. His relentless pursuit often puts opposing defenders under pressure when retrieving the puck. Kos demonstrates unwavering determination to win puck battles in both the offensive and defensive zones. It’s important to note that due to his slight stature, he may not be as effective as he could be at the moment, but Kos’s exceptional work ethic sets him apart as a player."

"He is also an excellent skater, which complements his high compete level. Kos can swiftly move down the ice thanks to his impressive first step and top-end speed. He often outpaces his opponents and excels in the transition game, frequently leading rushes and acting as the puck carrier on his line despite typically being the youngest player. One consistent observation about Kos is his ability to maintain puck possession, as he possesses excellent balance and core strength, making it difficult for opponents to knock him off the puck. It’s exciting to think about how much he will improve as he gains more weight and can grow his physicality game with all his natural abilities."

Krangers08

Sep 11, 2023
The more I read about Kos...the more I'd like to see him in the lineup.
Excerpts from thehockeywriters.com by Stefano Rubino:

"One of the best aspects of Kos’ game is his relentless competitiveness every time he’s on the ice. He never takes a shift off and always keeps his feet moving. Kos excels at applying pressure both on the forecheck and the backcheck, constantly hounding the puck carrier. His relentless pursuit often puts opposing defenders under pressure when retrieving the puck. Kos demonstrates unwavering determination to win puck battles in both the offensive and defensive zones. It’s important to note that due to his slight stature, he may not be as effective as he could be at the moment, but Kos’s exceptional work ethic sets him apart as a player."

"He is also an excellent skater, which complements his high compete level. Kos can swiftly move down the ice thanks to his impressive first step and top-end speed. He often outpaces his opponents and excels in the transition game, frequently leading rushes and acting as the puck carrier on his line despite typically being the youngest player. One consistent observation about Kos is his ability to maintain puck possession, as he possesses excellent balance and core strength, making it difficult for opponents to knock him off the puck. It’s exciting to think about how much he will improve as he gains more weight and can grow his physicality game with all his natural abilities."
Might just be me but the article they put out makes it seem they are more optimistic of him reporting then Chrenko
Kos
Ondřej was recently drafted to the NHL in the third round by St. Louis. He is a very hardworking and smart two way player that is very good on the forecheck. We feel his style of play will fit well on North American ice and the OHL."
Chrenko
Tomáš is an extremely skilled player and a top prospect for the 2026 NHL draft as well as a top player in Slovakia for his age group," said General Manager Mike McKenzie. "We were excited to select Tomas today."

Reactions: Rangers True Blue

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023

I was hoping he would move to NA..

This leaves HK Nitra with 3 good forwards that should be getting ice time with the senior club. But i doubt the club can afford playing 3 rookies. Which means one of T. Chrenko or A. Nemec could be thinking about moving to NA (or Slovak U18 Project)

But if I had to guess I think they stay in HK Nitra.

Last edited:
Reactions: East Avenue Bully

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
That’s the first indication that I saw that he was not coming.

I never mentioned his name on here after.

Dead issue for me.
not you but for some reason there was alot of talk of there being a cooked deal with kitchener after the draft on here, it was not the case.

Reactions: EvenSteven

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
not you but for some reason there was alot of talk of there being a cooked deal with kitchener after the draft on here, it was not the case.
Yeah I never did think there was a cooked deal.

Zero inside info on him. Just liked the write ups on him to be honest and thought that he’d provide what the Rangers are looking for going forward as far as being a hard team to play against.

Even before the draft I mentioned him on here. Then when we drafted him, and he showed up at rookie camp, there was hope. When he wasn’t taken early in the USHL draft, more hope.

Prep school didn’t cross my mind. That’s on me!! Lol!!

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Translation from Matej Draj tweet:

Tomáš Pobežal will start the draft season in Nitra. "I want to play men's hockey. I think it can better prepare me for my next career. The Canadian junior team is also a very good competition, but I prefer to stay in Nitra. It all depends on my performance and what place I deserve." #2025NHLDraft

My comment: "The Canadian junior team" is a proven development league to prepare you for playing in the NHL. Getting limited ice time doesn't make sense IMO. Mesar had his eyes opened in the OHL and still didn't dominate in his 2nd year. And I should note that Mesar wasn't supposed to be coming over either...

Frankly, as a Rangers fan, I only want to see players here that are committed to making a difference and learning more about what is expected (and needed) for North American hockey.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad