Value of: Kirill Kaprizov

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I think you overrate Kaprizovs value. What do you expect as an offer? Would you trade Buium for Josh Morrissey?
If he was actually traded? I would expect something like Cozens+Kulich+1st as mentioned earlier in this thread and I would allow the team trading for him to negotiate an extension prior to the trade.

I wouldn’t target Morrissey because we don’t need LD. I would for sure trade Buium for a Kaprizov level player at a position of need.
Lol if you think a team will break the bank while not knowing if Kaprisov would resign with them, huge difference in value between short term deal that land him in ufa vs long term deal/Rfa years
What I think is that Kaprizov will re-sign with Minnesota, so this conversation is fun but probably not based in reality.
My point was just that one teams top prospect can easily be another teams 4th best prospect.

Toronto or Colorado's best prospect might be seen as being equivalent to Hage, who is likely Montreal's 4th or 5th best prospect.

But you're right that Kaprizov would pull a nice return.... though until his contract status is clear, teams in locations that have problems re-signing their players might want to avoid getting hosed in a trade when the guy doesn't then want to stick around (look at Ottawa with Debrincat and Chychrun, for example).
Right, but the teams you mention (Toronto/Colorado) don’t have the pieces to make a trade for Kaprizov. Their prospects would not be close to getting a deal done.

Kaiden Ghoul

Youppi va t’il devoir chauser ses patins calvaince
Jan 19, 2020
If he was actually traded? I would expect something like Cozens+Kulich+1st as mentioned earlier in this thread and I would allow the team trading for him to negotiate an extension prior to the trade.

I wouldn’t target Morrissey because we don’t need LD. I would for sure trade Buium for a Kaprizov level player at a position of need.

What I think is that Kaprizov will re-sign with Minnesota, so this conversation is fun but probably not based in reality.

Right, but the teams you mention (Toronto/Colorado) don’t have the pieces to make a trade for Kaprizov. Their prospects would not be close to getting a deal done.

I kinda always liked Minnesota based teams, ive jumped on the twins train when the Expos left, hope he resign in Minnesota but if hes made available i hope the habs take a look

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
By himself he is too much for me. I expect Demidov to land around where Kaprizov is. The uncertainty of his future is heavily counterbalanced by the salary and extended team control though.
I also expect my teams draft picks to become perennial 40 goal scorers. The problem is, it almost never happens.

Reactions: 57special

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Understanding the factors that could detract from his value in a trade, I think a lot of people don't understand just how good Kaprizov is. Over the last three seasons he is 10th in points scored per game played, very much right in the mix with Panarin, Marner, Pastrnak and Rantanen. He's also 4th in goals scored per game played, right there with Pastrnak and Draisaitl who are 2nd and 3rd. And of course it's worth noting that he's done this, largely, with Mats Zuccarello and Ryan Hartman as his most common linemates. Compare either of those guys to the players some of those other guys have played with.

If your team is getting a player like that, with an 7-8 year extension, for a total of 8-9 years, it's going to hurt to give up what you give up.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Of course you would
Maybe we should see Demidov compete in the KHL before we start calling him a 40+ goal NHL guy. That’s all I’m saying.

People say a lot of things. Caufield was a sure thing to be a perennial 40+ goal guy. He hasn’t hit 30 yet (for a variety of reasons).

Reactions: Sota Popinski

ellusive

Dec 21, 2009
Lafreniere, Kakko, Trouba for Kaprizov.

Who says no?

Rangers free up $3m and get a star for 2 seasons to compete. The Wild get a very good young winger, a guy that needs a change but could still thrive and Trouba who could be flipped to elsewhere as someone would take him, especially with retention.

It won't happen but still.
I should report this

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
3 1sts and a solid prospect for kaprizov 50% retained.

4.5 mil franchise caliber winger for a contender is too good to pass on

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Lafreniere, Kakko, Trouba for Kaprizov.

Who says no?

Rangers free up $3m and get a star for 2 seasons to compete. The Wild get a very good young winger, a guy that needs a change but could still thrive and Trouba who could be flipped to elsewhere as someone would take him, especially with retention.

It won't happen but still.
Minnesota says no

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
If Minnesota trades him, this assumes a retool.

Sabres trade:

Kulich +1st as a base.
Add in Rosen or Johnson
Add Krebs or Joker
Add one more prospect

Kulich +1st +Rosen+Krebs+Strbak pure futures. Could be potentially 5 roster players by the time Minnesota is done retooling.

Can swap something for an additional first I still say yes.

I would do Kulich+1st+Benson. He could make it more enticing.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
lol not even close. The fact it’s not even a Montreal 1st round pick is just a bad faith proposal.

Top 5 players at their position generally pull really good prospects.

Classic HFBoards. Non-generational prospects being worth more than a top 5 player at his position in his prime.
I can't think of any examples, partly because they're so rarely traded. More often they get a good, not great prospect like Norris in the Karlsson deal. If I had any certainty of Kaprizov re-signing, then of course we can talk about Demidov.

BHFAN92

Jan 21, 2016
Mid-West
would something like Oliver Moore, Lukas Reichel, Nolan Allen and both Blackhawks 2025 1st rd picks move the needle? ..im guessing the Wild still would say no

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Sabres trade:

Kulich +1st as a base.
Add in Rosen or Johnson
Add Krebs or Joker
Add one more prospect

Kulich +1st +Rosen+Krebs+Strbak pure futures. Could be potentially 5 roster players by the time Minnesota is done retooling.

Peterka or Cozens
Kulich or Ostlund or Helenius
1st, with protections

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
Peterka or Cozens
Kulich or Ostlund or Helenius
1st, with protections
I realize that deal is most likely accepted with Peterka. I think the kid is a future 40 goal scorer though. Can't move Cozens, need a new center.

In short, yes.

I would prefer to add to our top 6 and not have to remove.

I think we saw a lot of that type of proposal for Brady T. I would much prefer Kiril.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I realize that deal is most likely accepted with Peterka. I think the kid is a future 40 goal scorer though. Can't move Cozens, need a new center.

In short, yes.

I would prefer to add to our top 6 and not have to remove.

I think we saw a lot of that type of proposal for Brady T. I would much prefer Kiril.

I tried structuring it based on the Eichel deal, so I tried looking for pieces Buffalo has that would be similar to what Tuch and Krebs were at the time.

Knowing Guerin, if he's the one making the trade, I think he's going to want at least one of the pieces, if not both, to have some more...sturdiness to their game. Size/strength, even if they're not overly physical powerforwards. So guys like Rosen, Benson, I'm not sure they'd be of much interest, even though talent-wise and value-wise they're not bad pieces.

On Helenius, I think I heard that they liked him at the draft, and they like high IQ players, so I included him as an option. Ostlund, not sure, but he has a history with Liam Ohgren, and he fits in that range of former mid 1st with middle six upside, so I included him anyway.

Anyway, it's the framework I'd look for in a Kaprizov trade from any team. Youngish NHL middle six forward with upside, prospect with mid-1st value and middle six upside, protected 1st. Anything after that is gravy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Sabres trade:

Kulich +1st as a base.
Add in Rosen or Johnson
Add Krebs or Joker
Add one more prospect

This is just a bunch of uninteresting stuff. No team is interested in players like Krebs, Rosen, and Strbak as a return for a franchise player. You're not even trying.

I tried structuring it based on the Eichel deal, so I tried looking for pieces Buffalo has that would be similar to what Tuch and Krebs were at the time.

Knowing Guerin, if he's the one making the trade, I think he's going to want at least one of the pieces, if not both, to have some more...sturdiness to their game. Size/strength, even if they're not overly physical powerforwards. So guys like Rosen, Benson, I'm not sure they'd be of much interest, even though talent-wise and value-wise they're not bad pieces.

On Helenius, I think I heard that they liked him at the draft, and they like high IQ players, so I included him as an option. Ostlund, not sure, but he has a history with Liam Ohgren, and he fits in that range of former mid 1st with middle six upside, so I included him anyway.

Anyway, it's the framework I'd look for in a Kaprizov trade from any team. Youngish NHL middle six forward with upside, prospect with mid-1st value and middle six upside, protected 1st. Anything after that is gravy.
Remember that Eichel had serious injury concerns at the time and wasn't even being allowed to play, which lessened his value greatly.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Remember that Eichel had serious injury concerns at the time and wasn't even being allowed to play, which lessened his value greatly.

Yeah I don't think that's actually true outside of the internet. Vegas didn't trade for a guy they assumed was broken, they traded for him because they assumed he would come back just as good.

Kaprizov might get a little bit more because he's a better player and has an 8-9 year contract (in this scenario) instead of 5, but he's also a winger instead of a center, and I highly doubt he'd get much more.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah I don't think that's actually true outside of the internet. Vegas didn't trade for a guy they assumed was broken, they traded for him because they assumed he would come back just as good.

Kaprizov might get a little bit more because he's a better player and has an 8-9 year contract (in this scenario) instead of 5, but he's also a winger instead of a center, and I highly doubt he'd get much more.
He literally wasn't playing because of the condition of his spine/neck. Nothing to do with the internet. He also wanted a surgery done that BUF wasn't willing to allow him to do. This is not rumour, but fact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad