Value of: Kirill Kaprizov

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Peterka obviously replaces a decent bit of their lost goal scoring but I wonder if they’d be inclined to make the Jack Quinn gamble theirs instead.

Quinn+Ostlund vs Peterka+Wahlberg etc
Quinn and upgrade the 2nd to a 2026 1st
Well, I value Quinn more than Peterka, the only thing is he needs to stay healthy.

Peterka/Quinn
Ostlund
1st

I would do this for a player like Kaprizov.

zenthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
If they're looking to get a package of younger guys for him, let's call it

Peterka/Cozens
Ostlund/Kulich/Helenius
1st, protected

That's relatively close to what the Sabres got for Eichel, and should be what the Wild look for in a futures focused package
I don’t see Cozens as a center long term but the Sabres seem to and would probably value him more highly than Peterka, so I’d imagine it changes the calculus.

Well, I value Quinn more than Peterka, the only thing is he needs to stay healthy.

Peterka/Quinn
Ostlund
1st

I would do this for a player like Kaprizov.
I’d sooner keep the relatively sure thing of Peterka and I have to imagine his proven results might be more valuable to some teams than Quinn’s higher potential. Maybe they’re equivalent assets and I’m just pro-P

Would probably do that trade as well.

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I don’t see Cozens as a center long term but the Sabres seem to and would probably value him more highly than Peterka, so I’d imagine it changes the calculus.

I’d sooner keep the relatively sure thing of Peterka and I have to imagine his proven results might be more valuable to some teams than Quinn’s higher potential. Maybe they’re equivalent assets and I’m just pro-P

Don’t think Kaprizov would got to Buff, but if he did I’d want Cozens

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Well that's the ballpark. It's all negotiation after that point, and I can't say what the Wild would like or dislike. My hunch is that Quinn wouldn't be someone they'd target at all, but maybe I'm wrong.

Reactions: zenthusiast

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I'm finding some of the offers on here expensive for a guy who'll be looking for a long-term, big-money deal, that might end up being a cap anchor in 5 years.

Reactions: Ciao

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I think Kaprizov is dead set on being a UFA.
He has his sights set on going to a contending team in the spotlight. He’ll be in the prime of his career and get a truck load of cash from whoever…
I see him going to a big market.
NYR/LA/Chicago etc

NYR will have a solid group that’s been in the playoffs regularly…. Panarin and Troubas caps coming off the books. Imo, that’s where he’ll end up….
LA will likely be a contender in the west as well……
Chicago probably still needs a bit more time to cook.

Reactions: Ciao

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
If they're looking to get a package of younger guys for him, let's call it

Peterka/Cozens
Ostlund/Kulich/Helenius
1st, protected

That's relatively close to what the Sabres got for Eichel, and should be what the Wild look for in a futures focused package
I'd have no issue with the value from Buffalo's standpoint assuming Kaprizov would sign a long-term deal here. The only problem being Buffalo is hurting a bit up the middle since the Mittelstadt trade. Cozens is almost certainly a non-starter given the role he's going to have to play moving forward. Other then that I'd say you have the outline of a trade that could work for both teams.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
An ancillary worry I'd have in trading Kaprizov is it might affect Yurov's willingness to sign or stick around. MIGHT. Couldn't he just hang out in the KHL while waiting for a demanded trade to go through? Obvious drawbacks for him but worse for us, I'd imagine. I am certainly not immune to doom and gloom fantasy myself.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Lafreniere, Kakko, Trouba for Kaprizov.

Who says no?

Rangers free up $3m and get a star for 2 seasons to compete. The Wild get a very good young winger, a guy that needs a change but could still thrive and Trouba who could be flipped to elsewhere as someone would take him, especially with retention.

It won't happen but still.
It’s not enough. And no reason for NYR to trade Laf right now.
If you’re NYR, you take your chances of him going to Free Agency and trying to sign him that way. Otherwise, you’re going to wind up giving a kings ransom to get him in a trade…. It defeats the purpose of weakening the team in other places to strengthen it with Kaprizov.

You def take the gamble of him going the FA route like Panarin did. I’m sure that’s what him and his agent want, otherwise he’d be signed long term already.
Then you go to him on the first day of FA with a truck load of cash and hope to get him that way….
These guys that have their hearts set on becoming UFAs usually have 3-4 teams in mind where they want to go anyway, and they leverage that to get the best deal they can.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He's in the middle of a 5 year contract and isn't even eligible to sign an extension for 355 more days at the earliest lol
yeah I think the whole point of his 5 year deal vs max term we wanted to give him wasn't to get out of Minnesota but rather to maximize his career money. Wasn't a risky gamble to predict the cap going up and for the three years he refused to sign he's going to get what, $3m more a year ($9m total) than he would have had he signed the max deal last time? Just smart negotiating if you're confident you can produce and stay healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad