Player Discussion Kirill Kaprizov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
And on top of that, adds things like some physicality and defense when it's needed. That final minute of the 2nd when he laid two hits on guys and broke up plays in the D zone were critical. He really understands the game, and knew that we had to get out of it w/o giving up any more goals.

Yeah his defensive game has surprised the hell out of me. I just had this assumption that he’d be an all offense guy that could be exposed in the defensive zone, but he looks like he’d even make a solid PKer. His endurance is crazy to me too. Seems like he could be double shifted every shift and not get tired.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Yeah his defensive game has surprised the hell out of me. I just had this assumption that he’d be an all offense guy that could be exposed in the defensive zone, but he looks like he’d even make a solid PKer. His endurance is crazy to me too. Seems like he could be double shifted every shift and not get tired.
It's not that I want to turn him into a great defensive player. What was encouraging about his play was that he recognized where we were in the game, and did the right things at the right time for us to win. His hockey IQ and spirit are extraordinary.

P10p

May 15, 2012
For all the flak some of you give Dean Evason, he has handled Kaprizov about as good as a coach can.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
For all the flak some of you give Dean Evason, he has handled Kaprizov about as good as a coach can.
Outside of the PP, Evason has been ok to great with just about everything else. He's very good at adjusting icetimes around which lines are playing well that night

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I think most of us are actually impressed at the job he’s done, the PP has just been baffling to watch some of the deployments, and we like to give deano some flak for that.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't know if you can even blame him for the PP.....he tried just about every conceivable groupings and still they couldn't convert. At some point it becomes incumbent on the players themselves to produce.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I mean, any coach that knows said player might be the reason they keep their job

Yeah you're right, I'm sure Evason' thought process was "if I want to keep my job, I should go pick this kid up"...

P10p

May 15, 2012
im just saying, thats hardly a reason to say hes a good coach. shouldnt even be a factor in evaluating him.

He went out of his way to initiate a solid relationship with our top prospect. But sure try and make it black and white.

P10p

May 15, 2012
And acting like any other coach wouldn’t pick up Kap from the airport is silly.

No one is acting like no other coach would pick him up, but the list of coaches with the foresight to try and establish a good relationship this way is few.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
No one is acting like no other coach would pick him up, but the list of coaches with the foresight to try and establish a good relationship this way is few.

I'd venture the number of coaches that would in this particular situation is high. Kaprizov coming from Russia, the waiting game played for him, not knowing the language and what he meant as a potential player was going to get the red carpet treatment regardless of who was the coach at this stage.

P10p

May 15, 2012
I'd venture the number of coaches that would in this particular situation is high. Kaprizov coming from Russia, the waiting game played for him, not knowing the language and what he meant as a potential player was going to get the red carpet treatment regardless of who was the coach at this stage.

And I'd venture you're wrong on that point, but someone is always going to play devils advocate...

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
For starters how many coaches in the league do you think would go above and beyond to the point of picking him up at the airport?
Kreuger would've has him walk, then stuck him on the 4 th line and PK.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If his ES scoring rate stays consistently what it has been, and let’s say he can go every other game with PP point to close out the season, that’s 56 in 56.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I haven't played a video game in years

but (!)

I was one of the Counter Strike nuts around 2002-2007. I lost a two year GF because of it lol. (married now..) but anyways seeing him with his little square laptop saying he plays Counter Strike was just hilarious. I bet he still plays 1.6!

Can I get a profile pic that's his face on a CS character?!??! Any one help with this?!?!

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I haven't played a video game in years

but (!)

I was one of the Counter Strike nuts around 2002-2007. I lost a two year GF because of it lol. (married now..) but anyways seeing him with his little square laptop saying he plays Counter Strike was just hilarious. I bet he still plays 1.6!

Can I get a profile pic that's his face on a CS character?!??! Any one help with this?!?!
I think CS 1.6 is why I don't play video games anymore. Nothing's the same.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If his ES scoring rate stays consistently what it has been, and let’s say he can go every other game with PP point to close out the season, that’s 56 in 56.
It would be so fun to have a player be a ppg, but if he gets 50 I’ll be pumped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad