Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah, from missing an entire year of hockey.
He's missed a LOT of hockey over the past few years.

Faceoffs are reps, give him half a season then evaluate, if not a center he can still be a giant winger as we saw when he played with Suzuki and Caufield
Yeah, it doesn't mean much right now. He should improve as he gets out there more.

We might have to broke our first line to get at least a good weapon for Dach, Armia is not cutting it in the top 6 as we're all aware.

I would like Marty to try these duos: Suzu/Slaf, Dach/CC and with Newhook & Heiner/Kap as 3rd wings
Armia's a terrible option. Joshua Roy is the right guy. Too bad he shit the bed in camp.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gallagher has been playing decently, already has two goals. I'd try him instead of Armia. I would really like Dach with Heineman and Kapanen, but Dvorak has been looking rejuvenated with them
I think Gallagher's a better fit for that line - at least for now. He tends to ware down as the season goes on. Hopefully by then Roy can come back and then there's Laine who should be back miday through the year.
i wouldnt be surprised Dach ends up our 3rd C like Jordan Staal with pittsburgh with possibly a high pick for a center this year and Hage impressive start in the NCAA. He missed WAY too much hockey to develop. Bad trade by hughes as for now, just like newhook
I don't think it was a bad trade at all. He showed himself to be a strong center - just had some bad luck. And Newhook looked good last year too. We just had rotten luck with injuries.

As for him being a 3rd line center, I think he's a better player than that. But he's missed a lot of hockey the past few years. It's going to take time before he can come back all the way. It's only been a few games and I don't think he's been that bad.

Reactions: SlafySZN

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I think he is more afraid than anything at this moment, so it's going to take some times to have the Dach we know.

He don't transport the puck like he did before, juste because, he looks "afraid" to be injured again.
A healthy year would do great for his mental state.

He's missed a LOT of hockey over the past few years.

Yeah, it doesn't mean much right now. He should improve as he gets out there more.

Armia's a terrible option. Joshua Roy is the right guy. Too bad he shit the bed in camp.
Then Roy is not the right guy.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
It's disappointing to me that it seems he didn't work on his shot with all that time off.

I mean, according to Dach himself he's been ready to play games since April, sooooo, why didn't you work on that shot with all that free time?

He has a very good shot but his game speed timing is out of whack......you can not simulate this in practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad