Player Discussion Kirby Dach: Welcome to Montreal part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Except it's a valid point. A player that has played half of the possible games is definitely a cause for concern
If we want to reside in pure speculation...why is not also be possible that Suzuki who is on an ironman streak gets hurt game one and is gone for the season??? We should start a thread about Doom and Gloom Suzuki injury thread. Many here don't seem realize that it is impossible to foresee any injury to any player therefore to be concerned or worried or apprehensive or nervous, etc about any combination of player/injury is totally useless. To blather in these forums saying the "sky is gonna fall" is childish.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If we want to reside in pure speculation...why is not also be possible that Suzuki who is on an ironman streak gets hurt game one and is gone for the season??? We should start a thread about Doom and Gloom Suzuki injury thread. Many here don't seem realize that it is impossible to foresee any injury to any player therefore to be concerned or worried or apprehensive or nervous, etc about any combination of player/injury is totally useless. To blather in these forums saying the "sky is gonna fall" is childish.
Well, that's also a possibility, but given that Dach has had, what more major injuries than Suzuki has missed games over the past few seasons should yell you something

No one is saying he's for sure getting hurt, but the track record is there that his bad luck will strike and he'll get hurt.

It's akin to someone getting upset at someone for saying it's probable that Anderson will score like 10 goals and then saying "well, Matthews could only score 10 goals in the season, too!"

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
Well, that's also a possibility, but given that Dach has had, what more major injuries than Suzuki has missed games over the past few seasons should yell you something

No one is saying he's for sure getting hurt, but the track record is there that his bad luck will strike and he'll get hurt.

It's akin to someone getting upset at someone for saying it's probable that Anderson will score like 10 goals and then saying "well, Matthews could only score 10 goals in the season, too!"
I started a thread so we can all speculate about probable future injuries to any player...it is time.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
It is OBVIOUS that some players are more injury prone than others. Whether it is fragility, failure to protect themselves or just bad luck it is a given. Suzuki could suffer an injury but he isn't as likely to incur another one as opposed to a player who has already had several like Dach

Reactions: MasterMatt25

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
It is OBVIOUS that some players are more injury prone than others. Whether it is fragility, failure to protect themselves or just bad luck it is a given. Suzuki could suffer an injury but he isn't as likely to incur another one as opposed to a player who has already had several like Dach
There is a new thread where you can go discuss your prediction about who is the most injury prone and who will go down first. Have fun with it!

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Bad luck???? how old are you? and you have no problem predicting it here.
I am not predicting Dach will get hurt. Just that HuGo should be prepared in case it happens becuase the odds are greater than players who have missed very few games.
Look at Alex Turcotte if you want an example. 1st 3 years of pro played 35 games a season. Last season made it through 53. If this was all due to injuries then don't expect him to ever make it through 82 games.

Last edited:

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
I have not predicted Dach will get hurt. Just that HuGo should be prepared in case it happens.
Look at Alex Turcotte if you want an example. 1st 3 years of pro played 35 games a season. Last season made it through 53. If this was all due to injuries then don't expect him to ever make it through 82 games.
How can he get prepared for any player getting injured??? that is why they have AHL teams! Pittsburgh should have given up on Mario Lemieux? ...the Habs on Koivu and Markov? Worrying about injuries is nonsensical. A player injured 3 years in a row may never get injured again while a player like Suzuki who hasn't missed a game in years may have a career ending injury. To worry about which of the 24 players is getting injured and the high likelyhood it will be the ones injured last year is just stupid.

Reactions: Marioesque

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
How can he get prepared for any player getting injured??? that is why they have AHL teams! Pittsburgh should have given up on Mario Lemieux? ...the Habs on Koivu and Markov? Worrying about injuries is nonsensical. A player injured 3 years in a row may never get injured again while a player like Suzuki who hasn't missed a game in years may have a career ending injury. To worry about which of the 24 players is getting injured and the high likelyhood it will be the ones injured last year is just stupid.
A guy who is hurt every year is far more likely to get hurt than a player who misses few games. There is nothing a GM can do to prepare for a rash of injuries or a player goes down that rarely misses games but he can try to get a backup for a player or 2 that are frequently hurt. Now HuGo is likely to fill any openings at centre with Kapanen or Beck.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Except it's a valid point. A player that has played half of the possible games is definitely a cause for concern

Cause for being conservative but not overly paranoid. We like to worry in Habs land I guess. I would say this up coming season is the tipping point on Dach. Can't imagine another freak injury happens back/back seasons.

I don't consider him injury prone. I consider him unlucky.

Reactions: BLONG7

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Dach is a huge part of a successful year guys!! This kid is a difference maker, and if he has a healthy year, this board will enjoy the season!
Anyone can get injured, heck Crosby had a few tough years with a concussion, and he fared out pretty well over his career.

We like to worry in Habs land. I'm not personally 100% Dach will have a healthy and productive season but I'm certainly not at 50% or lower either.

I guess this is just conservative optimism. That's my angle on it anyways

Reactions: BLONG7

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Kirby playing over 70 games and ending up with 50+ points is my hope. Having him, Newhook, and Laine gel into a real 2nd line would be beautiful. First time we'd have 2 real top 6 lines since Koivu and Plekanec in 2008. Really seems like it's been one line teams ever since.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Very curious on how they manage Dach and Newhook. I believe they will be on the same line. Not sold on Newhook being a full time center but I do like him sharing that role with Dach.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Very curious on how they manage Dach and Newhook. I believe they will be on the same line. Not sold on Newhook being a full time center but I do like him sharing that role with Dach.
Could be good for face-off % if both take turns with strong side faceoffs.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Could be good for face-off % if both take turns with strong side faceoffs.

Yup! Could help both of them in that area. Gaining confidence on faceoffs can be a momentum thing. The other thing I like is how much attention Dach will draw with his puck possession and how that might free up space for Newhook.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad