Kirby Dach - is there precedent for a happy ending?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Sean Couturier took many seasons to reach his potential.

Admittedly his peak didn't last long.

View attachment 905069
I may be mistaken but his best few years he was playing with Giroux on his wing instead of each centering a line

I'm personally not worried about Dach one bit. He was performing better than Suzuki in preseason and in camp last year (before the injury) and Hughes said that as well.

The only thing I would be worried about is his term left and timing of when big contracts might have to be signed. Add Demidov, Hutson, Reinbacher to that list. Could snow ball on us if we rise up the standings with Dach's term left and most of our guys have better stats because we are a better team.

Hage is good insurance for Dach.... if Dach has more health issues or he shows signs of wanting to leave or asking for a contract that is too much.
I have a feeling that between Hughes ability to negotiate contracts, the team culture of buying in long term, having gotten paid well for so much missed time and wanting to be a part of the future we are building…. Dach will sign long term at a reduced rate

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
The year before? Played 60 games missed a bit of time with a concussion from the hit from behind vs Buffalo on his partial break, a cheap shot that could happen to anyone

He's had 2 major injuries, a broken wrist, and a torn ACL
Shit happens
The year before he also had a knee injury but opted no surgery. Hence the talk last year two games in when he tore everything was “should he have had the surgery to avoid this?”

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Savard was never Orr's equal but he had the potential to be the greatest Hab dman ever and imo was the best all around dman of the big 3.
Prophet- how do you put Savard ahead of Big Bird?

Two knee injuries? No

It's been 2 major unrelated injuries, we can't have people fabricating these other ones to enforce their injury prone narrative
He hurt his knee as well as concussion in the 22-23 season and missed 24 ganes

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
What would Orr reached though? He had bad knees most his career
Yeah it still bugs me that he had such bad knees. At that time treatment/surgery was probably not that great. His career was really short and half of it with shit knees. He was a monster.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Savard was never Orr's equal but he had the potential to be the greatest Hab dman ever and imo was the best all around dman of the big 3.
When Savard was on the ice I could safely take a piss break knowing that there would be no problem in Habs zone. He just never fd up at getting the puck out.

Reactions: DAChampion

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
When Savard was on the ice I could safely take a piss break knowing that there would be no problem in Habs zone. He just never fd up at getting the puck out.

Exactly, He was so strong, smart and agile and was almost a perfect defender who had a bomb of a shot. He is the defenceman that I have trusted more than any other dman in my life that played for this team.

Also, I want to mention Laperierre as a very underrated dman in Habs history who was a tall, rangy defender with a beautiful stride who was also very good in his own end and really stood out with his ability to skate the puck out of trouble. He was not in the same league as other Habs greats but just a player that really stands out to me when I watch old Hab games.

Bobby Holik agent

erudite free agency sci-fi
Oct 17, 2002
Montreal
Kirby Dach - is there precedent for a happy ending?
travolta huh crop.jpg

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
you know there are only like 5 of us old enough to get the 6Million Dollar man reference, right?
:(
That show is the bomb.

A few years ago I went as Steve Austin to a Halloween party. (Older crowd) Had the red jogging suit and the shoes… made a custom tshirt with ‘Better Stronger Faster’ on the back too. Wife was the bionic woman. Good times.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Medicine is soo much advance now that i have no worries about Dach.
Unless he hurts himself every year though..

Lazytrout

Dec 8, 2021
Plenty of young players have had comeback stories after big injuries. I love Dach so I'm cautiously optimist for a full recovery and good year from him.

Reactions: BLONG7

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
I like Dach as a guy and as a player, but I do view this as sort of a "this is it" year for him. He can only be that young kid with potential for so long rather than the injury-riddled mid-20s guy who was drafted high but never figured it out.

Not saying if he did get hurt this year he's a complete bust but it's hard to expect a guy to develop and reliably pencil him into your lineup every season when he can't stay on the ice.

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
Why are we comparing his injuries to others? Many players have had major injuries and came back great but to compare him to others isn’t logical as everybody is different and there’s no trend or pattern with different players and healing

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Koivu had a ton of injuries to start his career went onto good career. Played over 1100 NHL games. Plus loss one of his prime years to strike.

He was never the same player after his first knee injury though. He was just coming into his own. Best player in NHL for half a season before suffering knee injury against the Black Hawks. I forget who he collided with now. Once he got with Recchi. That line was on fire. Was leading NHL in scoring. Habs traded Turgeon moved Koivu up with Recchi and he took off.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
I like Dach as a guy and as a player, but I do view this as sort of a "this is it" year for him. He can only be that young kid with potential for so long rather than the injury-riddled mid-20s guy who was drafted high but never figured it out.

Not saying if he did get hurt this year he's a complete bust but it's hard to expect a guy to develop and reliably pencil him into your lineup every season when he can't stay on the ice.
I agree, even as a Dach truther.

If he misses a large chunk again, we can still keep him around but we gotta find another center to put our 2C hopes on. Which would suck hard because he's really the ideal 2C.

Kent would have his work cut out.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I agree, even as a Dach truther.

If he misses a large chunk again, we can still keep him around but we gotta find another center to put our 2C hopes on. Which would suck hard because he's really the ideal 2C.

Kent would have his work cut out.
Hughes has had his work cut out for 2.5 years............the mess he inherited was not pretty.
As for Dach, he simply needs to stay healthy, and needs a little luck on the injury front for sure....Dach was one of the very first moves to jumpstart the rebuild. If the kid misses more time, and a chunk of time, we do have a big problem on our hands for sure.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Hughes has had his work cut out for 2.5 years............the mess he inherited was not pretty.
As for Dach, he simply needs to stay healthy, and needs a little luck on the injury front for sure....Dach was one of the very first moves to jumpstart the rebuild. If the kid misses more time, and a chunk of time, we do have a big problem on our hands for sure.
For the future there shouldn't be a problem - Demidov, Hage, Beck, Kapanen are there. For this season Newhook could take over but it would be better if they found someone else and Newhook stays on the wing.

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
Why are we comparing his injuries to others? Many players have had major injuries and came back great but to compare him to others isn’t logical as everybody is different and there’s no trend or pattern with different players and healing
The question wasn't can he recover from his injuries. He obviously can. The question wasn't even implying that he's injury prone as many replies seem to be mis-interpreting. The question was after missing so much time during key development years, can he still become a star?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad