Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013
Why would they bring in a 4th overager and 2nd OA goalie?
That would make zero sense!

You're owner probably already has him listed on Craigs List for a subway platter.
Fl, Ores will stay at least until the deadline. There are too many OA goalies available right now.

Kingston doesn't need anyone extra what they need is for the playes they have to show up and play to their potential.

Not sure. Pie did not think this would be a cakewalk.

Also, agreethey need to put him with Uens and Burns with WilliamsonThat would give them 3 d pairings that should work

Reactions: FrontalLobe

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Fl, Ores will stay at least until the deadline. There are too many OA goalies available right now.

Kingston doesn't need anyone extra what they need is for the playes they have to show up and play to their potential.

Not sure. Pie did not think this would be a cakewalk.

Also, agreethey need to put him with Uens and Burns with WilliamsonThat would give them 3 d pairings that should work

Personally, I think the Ice Dogs need to stop moving players and play with what they have. Keeping Flores will give them a solid net presence they need.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Hemstrom signs with Bloomington of the ECHL, kinda surprised he didn't return home for good for him finding a spot over here.

Edit: I also saw on Facebook that the Fronts still went to Millhaven even though it supposed to be cancelled. Maybe they had a couple few days of practice? Either way theyve gotta turn it around this weekend..

Last edited:
Reactions: frontsfan67

PuckLucker

Feb 18, 2024
Agreed, I would have thought Hemmy would have stayed in Sweden. ECHL pay is $530 per week for rookies, certainly he can earn more at home but must feel the North American route is the way to go.

This weekend's games won't be much easier than the previous weekend. McIvor in NB already has a shutout this season and played well against the Fronts last year.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Agreed, I would have thought Hemmy would have stayed in Sweden. ECHL pay is $530 per week for rookies, certainly he can earn more at home but must feel the North American route is the way to go.

This weekend's games won't be much easier than the previous weekend. McIvor in NB already has a shutout this season and played well against the Fronts last year.
530 American? Wow that’s ridiculous I would’ve thought they’d make make more than that

Yes North bay still has Romani, OVS etc they’re a great team right now still even without Wakely

Ottawa we gotta win. Went 7-0-1 vs them last year I believe. Very important weekend because we will either end up with a 3-2 record or a 1-4 record.

Isn’t going to be fun climbing out of the latter

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
530 American? Wow that’s ridiculous I would’ve thought they’d make make more than that

Yes North bay still has Romani, OVS etc they’re a great team right now still even without Wakely

Ottawa we gotta win. Went 7-0-1 vs them last year I believe. Very important weekend because we will either end up with a 3-2 record or a 1-4 record.

Isn’t going to be fun climbing out of the latter

That’s the rookie salary when signing an ECHL contract. A lot of players sign two-way AHL deals where they may make more at the ECHL level. It is really tough for the players that only sign ECHL deals.

The other issue for those deals is they are only valid for the season so it is <$600 per week during the season but ZERO for the offseason.

• Wow
Reactions: frontsfan67

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
That’s the rookie salary when signing an ECHL contract. A lot of players sign two-way AHL deals where they may make more at the ECHL level. It is really tough for the players that only sign ECHL deals.

The other issue for those deals is they are only valid for the season so it is <$600 per week during the season but ZERO for the offseason.
Another thing to keep in mind though is that most teams have ways to provide free accommodations or very cheap if not free, and many teams have sponsors and/or boosters that own restaurants and let the players eat for free, so not a lot of expenses. And a chance to be seen more by AHL clubs for potential call ups/try outs.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Another thing to keep in mind though is that most teams have ways to provide free accommodations or very cheap if not free, and many teams have sponsors and/or boosters that own restaurants and let the players eat for free, so not a lot of expenses. And a chance to be seen more by AHL clubs for potential call ups/try outs.

100%. I was going to add the accommodations part but I have been separated form the inner workings of the ECHL for around ten years now and I am not 100% familiar with how the perks have evolved since then.

The players typically need to work other jobs in the offseason unlike the AHL guys but they are mostly taken care of similarly to Junior players. It is not dissimilar to the North American Import players in the European leagues. Many of them get accommodations, a vehicle and other perks.

Reactions: FrontalLobe

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
1727972264657.png

Just posted on Oshawa thread!

Last edited:

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
you guys can’t think you can win this year
oh believe me I don’t think that but I don’t make the moves

Need a lot of work done to be put in a conversation when teams like Oshawa, Brampton, barrie

With players dwindling down it’s now or never for the fronts to make a big push for some players otherwise they should do a light sell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad