Kingston Frontenacs 2024-25 Season Thread, Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
Just reposting my earlier post bc Soup started a new thread for us...

"
I'm going to predict three solid wins to start the season this weekend. I have a feeling that people are going to lay off of the take that Kingston needs to make some big moves right away once things get started. The two imports are going to have more of an impact than people think. Here's another prediction. It wont take long for you to be shaking your head Beast and wondering why Ottawa gave up on Uronen.

One thing I'm really going to be paying attention to is to how Burns starts the season. He's one of my absolute favourites to watch on this team but I honestly scratch my head when I keep hearing about him being "an elite D man, one of the top D, etc." I have not seen that myself in the past three years. Hopefully another experience at Blues camp, signing, and getting the C will bring that out of him and he actually becomes that D man. It seems like he has just been declared that type of D bc he is "supposed to be." I want to see him show us all that he is, starting this weekend. He's the captain now and leadership starts from the top. Stay on the ice and get this team rolling Burnsy.

Going to be an exciting year! "

Reactions: frontsfan67

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014

"
I'm going to predict three solid wins to start the season this weekend. I have a feeling that people are going to lay off of the take that Kingston needs to make some big moves right away once things get started. The two imports are going to have more of an impact than people think. Here's another prediction. It wont take long for you to be shaking your head Beast and wondering why Ottawa gave up on Uronen.

One thing I'm really going to be paying attention to is to how Burns starts the season. He's one of my absolute favourites to watch on this team but I honestly scratch my head when I keep hearing about him being "an elite D man, one of the top D, etc." I have not seen that myself in the past three years. Hopefully another experience at Blues camp, signing, and getting the C will bring that out of him and he actually becomes that D man. It seems like he has just been declared that type of D bc he is "supposed to be." I want to see him show us all that he is, starting this weekend. He's the captain now and leadership starts from the top. Stay on the ice and get this team rolling Burnsy.

I think for me one of the issues that Burns has is that while he doesn't make a ton of mistakes, some of the giveaways he has are REALLY bad and can overshadow the rest of his game. If he can cut those out of his game along with shoring up the bad penalties he is sometimes goaded into taking, he'll reach that elite level.

I think 3/3 is definitely possible - although Oster has the ability to steal a game, I think them missing Sennecke, Ritchie, Danford and Roobroeck could tip it back towards Kingston.

I'll be curious to see who gets the start in net - Vaccari has been the guy for a couple years but Lalonde is the OA they specifically brought in. My guess is Vaccari gets Peterborough, Lalonde gets Oshawa and Vaccari gets Niagara.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023

"

I think Uronen is just a victim of his age.
They choose the 2 younger guys to fill the spots over him.
The Import market king of worked in Kingstons favor here acquiring a very good player so cheap.

Burns is highly regarded because of how well he moves the puck. If he can figure out his discipline issues he should be a top Dman around the league this season. -They need him on the ice though not in the box to do that.

FrontalLobe

Feb 23, 2023
I think for me one of the issues that Burns has is that while he doesn't make a ton of mistakes, some of the giveaways he has are REALLY bad and can overshadow the rest of his game. If he can cut those out of his game along with shoring up the bad penalties he is sometimes goaded into taking, he'll reach that elite level.

I think 3/3 is definitely possible - although Oster has the ability to steal a game, I think them missing Sennecke, Ritchie, Danford and Roobroeck could tip it back towards Kingston.

I'll be curious to see who gets the start in net - Vaccari has been the guy for a couple years but Lalonde is the OA they specifically brought in. My guess is Vaccari gets Peterborough, Lalonde gets Oshawa and Vaccari gets Niagara.
You hit my thought on Burns exactly. Scout just commented on how well he moves the puck, which he does at times but some of the giveaways are really bad fans on clearing attempts. Needs to tidy that up.

Mann said yesterday in an interview with Jan Murphy from the Whig that when they have 3 games in 4 days the initial plan is to split the first two games and whoever plays better will get the third game. There is no entitlement this year.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013

"

As a 67’s fan, I also cannot understand why they kept Korbler and released Uronen. To me, it made no sense. For some reason, Cameron has taken a liking to Korbler. I don’t see why. From my perspective, the 67’s could have kept Uronen, drafted Ekberg and then replaced Uronen next year in the Import Draft with what will likely be an early pick. Instead, they will have two age eligible Imports and look to be more likely to PASS on their early pick.

Reactions: FrontalLobe

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
You hit my thought on Burns exactly. Scout just commented on how well he moves the puck, which he does at times but some of the giveaways are really bad fans on clearing attempts. Needs to tidy that up.

Mann said yesterday in an interview with Jan Murphy from the Whig that when they have 3 games in 4 days the initial plan is to split the first two games and whoever plays better will get the third game. There is no entitlement this year.
When burns turns over the puck its usually him skating in front of his goalie trying to find a lane but i hear you there. It looks terrible when it happens and its usually him holding on just a half a second to long.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Oshawa game should be interesting.
I'm not sure what the status is of Danford and Senneke or if Ritchie will be back in time.
Danford wasn't skating as of yesterday so I doubt he's back by Friday, and I don't think I've seen anything about Sennecke starting to skate.

I think Ritchie will get a cup of coffee in the regular season this year - Colorado's depth isn't all that inspiring and Ritchie has talent.

beastintheeast

Mar 27, 2013

"

There was no room for Uronen on this team. I think Ekberg is going to be a star. We needed a center, not a winger. Both our imports will be here for a couple of years so there is a bigger upside.

I think you guys will get 2/3 You are getting Niagara on the downside of the weekend.

Petes will be interesting as it is home game

Oshawa is going to want to start with a bang and make a statement.

It will be an interesting weekend. I hope everyone has a good year and that the hockey is entertaining.

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
For those saying Kingston doesn't do enough to draw in crowds - DOLLAR DOGS ARE HERE. This'll no doubt fill the seats.

ScoutLife4

Nov 28, 2023
For those saying Kingston doesn't do enough to draw in crowds - DOLLAR DOGS ARE HERE. This'll no doubt fill the seats.

Imagine they were chicken weiners

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022

Pay 30 bucks for a 99 cent hot dog!!

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Not sure if this was posted earlier but the London Free Press is predicting the Fronts to finish not 5th, nor 6th, nor even 7th, but … 10th! Lol

That might be one of the worst written articles I've ever read. Ignoring Kingston being last - what kind of predictions are "Prediction: More time needed." or "Prediction: A step back".

Leenders to Brampton adding depth in net? No it gives them a legit starter.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
That might be one of the worst written articles I've ever read. Ignoring Kingston being last - what kind of predictions are "Prediction: More time needed." or "Prediction: A step back".

Also listed that the fronts had 8 at nhl camps and the Pete’s 2 and Niagara was 4 or 5 and they put both of those teams above the fronts LOL

I assume it must just be an error

Fronts posted the captains on social media-

Burns C (Not surprised)
Battaglia A
Uens A
Guindon A
Heyes A

I was 4/5. Didn’t anticipate Heyes getting a letter since he won’t be here for the full year.

Assume it goes to either someone they pick up or Hopkins if/when heyes is moved

Reactions: ottsabrefan

ottsabrefan

May 19, 2011
Ottawa

I agree. I used to really enjoy reading the predictions from that paper and the K-W Record, but London FP writeup has really gone downhill over the years. I saw the Guelph paper had the Fronts 5th (they didn’t bother with a write up for the East). Haven’t read the Kitchener one yet.

Edit: just read the K-W Record. Fronts placed 5th but listed as a ‘Don’t Overlook’

Last edited:

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Also listed that the fronts had 8 at nhl camps and the Pete’s 2 and Niagara was 4 or 5 and they put both of those teams above the fronts LOL

I assume it must just be an error

Fronts posted the captains on social media-

Burns C (Not surprised)
Battaglia A
Uens A
Guindon A
Heyes A

I was 4/5. Didn’t anticipate Heyes getting a letter since he won’t be here for the full year.

Assume it goes to either someone they pick up or Hopkins if/when heyes is moved
The Heyes A really makes me wonder... if they were looking at making a move for an OA in the early part of the season then why would they give him the A only to have him be moved/released in a couple weeks.

Might just be overthinking it but I wonder if we don't see an OA move for a little while.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The Heyes A really makes me wonder... if they were looking at making a move for an OA in the early part of the season then why would they give him the A only to have him be moved/released in a couple weeks.

Might just be overthinking it but I wonder if we don't see an OA move for a little while.
I think it’s nothing more than giving him the respect he deserves for being a grinder on the team here the last few years and doing everything the team needed him to do.

You never know. If they are indeed in on wakely, don’t believe wakely went to the morning skate someone was saying for the battalion. Could be something and could be nothing. If the fronts are in on him though and he doesn’t report to the battalion- gotta think that move gets made in the next week or two

leafs4life94

Jan 15, 2014
Lines are out for tonight:

Miedema-Guindon-Uronen
Battaglia-Hopkins-Soto
Buttar-McNamara-Heyes
Pickell-Kelly-Weir

Burns-Pieniniemi
McGowan-Williamson
Velliaris-Uens

Vaccari gets the start.

I kinda figured they might give Vaccari the start tonight and give Lalonde the home opener.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad