Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Edmundson 4 years x 3.8 million

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
My main gripe with Chychrun was that he is injury prone, but instead we got another guy who is injury prone and a whole lot worse.
Wrong comparison… wrong type of player, wrong profile, wrong box. Chychrun you only get if you want to move Clarke or Spence.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
Wrong comparison… wrong type of player, wrong profile, wrong box. Chychrun you only get if you want to move Clarke or Spence.
The only comparison I made is that they share a flaw in being injury prone. I'm not convinced either player is a fit but the choice is easy if I had to pick one.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
The only comparison I made is that they share a flaw in being injury prone. I'm not convinced either player is a fit but the choice is easy if I had to pick one.
The point is it’s not just a straight choice, for a start we don’t need another offensive defence man. Signing Chychrun would mean Clarke is still in the AHL it would otherwise throw the balance off. The spot Edmundson is taking is that of a 3rd pair physical guy that will fight. Sure there is a valid debate over whether he was the best of that type available by Chychrun certainly doesn’t fit the bill.

One of the biggest bitches has been that roster construction was not right and that the team was too soft and passive. The players that have come in are intended to address that, we can debate to what degree that has been successful. Chychrun is a separate discussion because we’d be having to have to move out a LD or have a top 4 LD on the 3rd pair AND we either trade Spence or put Clarke in the AHL, playing Burroughs on the 3rd pair because the balance would be off. We do any variation of that and it’s a major bitchfest.

Remember people wanted to pay the price for Chychrun when AZ were trading him. Not doing that deal was a good decision by Blake and I’m glad he’s not done it this time as I’d rather have Clarke bringing the offence. Chychrun is soft, playing a PLD level of intensity in his D work.

The construction of the roster, role wise is FINALLY closer to what we needed. Younger guys will get to grow into roles this year and hopefully become major factors. Unfortunately it’s not tge start of the 2021-22 season.

BigBrown

Fly at eleven.
Feb 2, 2010
Sweden
I disagree, mostly because Edmundson isn't very good at all. I'm yet to be convinced he'll be a tangible upgrade on Englund. I get what you're saying in regards to a balanced lineup but he's gonna be a terrible anchor for Spence or Clarke to drag around for the next four years. Chychrun-Doughty/Anderson-Spence/Gavrikov-Clarke looks way better to me and supports the young guys with a quality partner.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
The point is it’s not just a straight choice, for a start we don’t need another offensive defence man. Signing Chychrun would mean Clarke is still in the AHL it would otherwise throw the balance off. The spot Edmundson is taking is that of a 3rd pair physical guy that will fight. Sure there is a valid debate over whether he was the best of that type available by Chychrun certainly doesn’t fit the bill.

One of the biggest bitches has been that roster construction was not right and that the team was too soft and passive. The players that have come in are intended to address that, we can debate to what degree that has been successful. Chychrun is a separate discussion because we’d be having to have to move out a LD or have a top 4 LD on the 3rd pair AND we either trade Spence or put Clarke in the AHL, playing Burroughs on the 3rd pair because the balance would be off. We do any variation of that and it’s a major bitchfest.

Remember people wanted to pay the price for Chychrun when AZ were trading him. Not doing that deal was a good decision by Blake and I’m glad he’s not done it this time as I’d rather have Clarke bringing the offence. Chychrun is soft, playing a PLD level of intensity in his D work.

The construction of the roster, role wise is FINALLY closer to what we needed. Younger guys will get to grow into roles this year and hopefully become major factors. Unfortunately it’s not tge start of the 2021-22 season.
Chychrun- Doughty
Anderson- Spence
Gavrikov - Clarke.
Boroughs

Mobile Defence. Each mobile defender paired with a strong defensive player. Fighter is a forward. Boroughs there for depth.

Edit:

I should add I don’t think our forwards will be scoring, that’s why we need defense to put some in

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Chychrun- Doughty
Anderson- Spence
Gavrikov - Clarke.
Boroughs

Mobile Defence. Each mobile defender paired with a strong defensive player. Fighter is a forward. Boroughs there for depth.

Edit:

I should add I don’t think our forwards will be scoring, that’s why we need defense to put some in
Then there is no shutdown pair, which for me is needed. Doughty and Anderson can do that job. I guess it’s just a philosophical view on roster, construction. I do see where you are coming from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad