Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Edmundson 4 years x 3.8 million

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
would have rather gave up a 3rd and a lower end player like Washington did and get Chychrun who has one year left.

At least that way he has the chance to audition for a new contract, and if he doesn't work out we trade him at the deadline or just cut bait after the season and the new GM doesn't have a sunken cap hit for the next three years like we do with Edmundson.

Plus worse case Chychrun is an injury prone second pairing dman that would pair nicely with Drew on the top line verses our new injury prone dman who at best is a bottom pairing guy that I am not convinced is better then Englund and may not even be much of an improvement over Burrough's who was just brought in and only costs 1.1 per year plus if its protection wanted, he fights more then Edmundson.

Still mind blown at this signing. Still think Marc's dirty hands are all over our front office.

Maybe when Luc and Marc stop high fiving each other they will let Blake try and sign Byfield.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
would have rather gave up a 3rd and a lower end player like Washington did and get Chychrun who has one year left.

At least that way he has the chance to audition for a new contract, and if he doesn't work out we trade him at the deadline or just cut bait after the season and the new GM doesn't have a sunken cap hit for the next three years like we do with Edmundson.

Plus worse case Chychrun is an injury prone second pairing dman that would pair nicely with Drew on the top line verses our new injury prone dman who at best is a bottom pairing guy that I am not convinced is better then Englund and may not even be much of an improvement over Burrough's who was just brought in and only costs 1.1 per year plus if its protection wanted, he fights more then Edmundson.

Still mind blown at this signing. Still think Marc's dirty hands are all over our front office.

Maybe when Luc and Marc stop high fiving each other they will let Blake try and sign Byfield.

Who's our version of Jensen? A 3rd plus a roster player for a rental, who gonna want at least 8x8 mil next year, most likely more.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Holy f***, the Edmundson signing has a NTC?!?

image.jpg

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com

Exactly... this feels just like the Cal and PLD signings.. an instant WTF response... that never resolves even after giving it a few days

Reactions: funky

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
I said earlier yesterday that Blake was probably negotiating against another poorly run franchise.

Read that Ottawa was in on him.
Chychrun was available & went for not very much. Jensen & 3rd? Hard to think Blake didn't enquire given that the King's were looking to add a LD. From the Ottawa section, they thought they were in on Edmundson. Wonder if Blake didn't like what happened with Chychrun then turned around & out bid Ottawa on the guy they were targeting.

Not to derail the thread but related to the subject of important questions...

Has anyone asked Carrlyn her thoughts about the shit steak in piss sauce the Kings cooked up for us?
We derailed some time in January or February.
:laugh:

Reactions: Surf Nutz

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Chychrun was available & went for not very much. Jensen & 3rd? Hard to think Blake didn't enquire given that the King's were looking to add a LD. From the Ottawa section, they thought they were in on Edmundson. Wonder if Blake didn't like what happened with Chychrun then turned around & out bid Ottawa on the guy they were targeting.

We derailed some time in January or February.
:laugh:
They are two completely different players. Thats like saying “why use that middling orthopaedic surgeon to fix your broken leg, this good neurosurgeon was available “. Sure they play left D and are tall but that’s it.

I’m not saying Edmundson was a good signing but it’s clear that Blake wanted that type of player. Chychrun is not that type and besides he would only reduce Clarkes pp time when DD will get a lot (too much) of it anyway. He clearly wanted a steady stay at home guy to play with Clarke/Spence. So the comparables for who we ‘should’ have signed need to be those guys.

One of our biggest issues has been roster construction and balance. I think Blake has attempted to address it but it’s impossible to do that well in one FA window. I actually think the balance is better but I’m not convinced the additions are good enough. If this was with 8/11 being 3-4 years younger (Edmundson to for that matter) it’s probably a different discussion. I think it’s the correct approach but too late.

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
They are two completely different players. Thats like saying “why use that middling orthopaedic surgeon to fix your broken leg, this good neurosurgeon was available “. Sure they play left D and are tall but that’s it.

I’m not saying Edmundson was a good signing but it’s clear that Blake wanted that type of player. Chychrun is not that type and besides he would only reduce Clarkes pp time when DD will get a lot (too much) of it anyway. He clearly wanted a steady stay at home guy to play with Clarke/Spence. So the comparables for who we ‘should’ have signed need to be those guys.

One of our biggest issues has been roster construction and balance. I think Blake has attempted to address it but it’s impossible to do that well in one FA window. I actually think the balance is better but I’m not convinced the additions are good enough. If this was with 8/11 being 3-4 years younger (Edmundson to for that matter) it’s probably a different discussion. I think it’s the correct approach but too late.
Chychrun & Edmundson are very different players & would slot in different positions on D. They play the same position, less than 1 million AAV difference, it's hard to believe they both wouldn't be considered.

PP is a lost cause. Spence & Clarke are better playmakers than Doughty. Doughty doesn't know where he's going with the puck before it gets to him. Slowing things down allows the PK to catch up. Doughty isn't getting benched from the PP so it's just going to be running down the track in second gear. Why? Because we can't take Doughty off the PP.

The balance on D is horrific.
Mikey, Doughty
Gavrikov, Roy
Englund, Spence
It appears Doughty's ability to wrist, shoot or pass, has disappeared after his hand injury. None of the top 4 D last year are what anyone would consider a puck mover with a good breakout pass. The only one on the roster was Spence.

With Spence & Clarke the D will have 2 pairs that can effectively move the puck. Doughty should be paired with a puck mover due to his wrist problems. Some wrist injuries take a year to come back from, EP40 & Mathews had major issues following their wrist injuries, but eventually recovered. Maybe Doughty will be back this year.

7/8
33/26
27/2
This was ideal. One physical D & one fancy D per pair. The King's did have to make adjustments so that 7, 33, 2 wouldn't get burned in transition from the offensive zone. Hope they remember that part this year.

Edit: As far as timing, it looks a little too late. If King's were able to get another strong center to take over for Kopi the transition may have been possible without a rebuild. Missed on Eichel, missed on PLD being a wing & not a center. Now the King's don't have the assets to trade for a top end player, or the cap space & good reputation to sign one.

Really hope Edmundson can actually defend.

Last edited:

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024

It is beyond incredible that we did not go after Chychrun, he was there for the taking. We have been interested in for multiple years and now we were not, It really does seem that mosy of the bad decisions Changed have occur6e about the time Bergevin came in. I tell if Blake had balls he would tell ownership and Luc straight to face that he need to go, but he seems more interested in collecting a check for as long as he can.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
It is beyond incredible that we did not go after Chychrun, he was there for the taking. We have been interested in for multiple years and now we were not, It really does seem that mosy of the bad decisions Changed have occur6e about the time Bergevin came in. I tell if Blake had balls he would tell ownership and Luc straight to face that he need to go, but he seems more interested in collecting a check for as long as he can.

I’m not upset that we didn’t pick up Chychrun. He’s similar in my mind to Dubois.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad