Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Edmundson 4 years x 3.8 million

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
With Burroughs, Jeanott, and Edmundson all having the knock on them of taking penalties, it really makes me wonder where that near top of the league PK ends up next year.
It's going to depend a lot on goaltending. If Kuemper plays like he did last year things could get ugly.

Kings basically did nothing to help their PP or PK so far this offseason. Lizotte was actually quite good on the PK at times. He's gone. Roy is gone.

I bet Blake thinks Edmundson is a great PK'er. Haha.

Old men Kopitar and Doughty will be getting run into the ground burning up all their energy on the PK again.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Not a chance in hell

Burroughs is our 2RD!

Anderson - Doughty
Edmundson - Burroughs
Gavrikov - Moverare

Sorry Rob, my mistake

Maybe we can trade Spence, Clarke, and Kaliyev to acquire a couple top six wingers we desperately need. Maybe Gallagher and Anderson?

Fiala - Kopitar - Anderson
Moore - Byfield - Foegele
Jeannot - Danault - Gallagher

Reactions: chris kontos

Omni Owl

Mar 9, 2008
At this point just play all these scrubs so we can draft high again. Let's get Clifford and f*** it, why not bring back Jordan Weal too.

Reactions: BaileyFan

Kudelski37

Feb 19, 2021
If you think it was Blake behind this signing, you are not paying attention. Or willfully ignorant.

I'm going to let you guess who was the GM who signed him in Montreal, I'm going to let you guess why our next GM traded him for a used tire and for the last guess, who was behind the Dubois and Edmy signing.

You got a problem...sorry
You seem to think our GM wasn't desperate for these players when Bergevin was in Montreal. Our GM is this dumb and he hired a guy that has similar bad tastes.

Be gone or I will use my connections with the Caps to send PLD your way without salary retention!

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Sorry you took it that way.

This is about BargainBin and direct experience as GM.

I know nothing about Blake or the rest of your management before Dubois so i will not comment on that.

I do know a lot about BargainBin, too much in fact. Thus my comments.

Good luck...

I took it "that way" because you said this

If you think it was Blake behind this signing, you are not paying attention. Or willfully ignorant.

I'm going to let you guess who was the GM who signed him in Montreal, I'm going to let you guess why our next GM traded him for a used tire and for the last guess, who was behind the Dubois and Edmy signing.

Like yeah sure you're educated on Bergevin and I have ZERO problem with you railing on our entire front office, Blake and Luc are obviously influenced by him to some degree, but it's the smug Canadian superiority bullshit with which you came slinging your theory that I take issue with, as if we aren't 40 year fans of the Kings ourselves overly familiar with 2 decades of Blake, and if the front office wasn't already doing this for half a decade before Luc brought in his BFF.

Anderson - Doughty
Edmundson - Burroughs
Gavrikov - Moverare

Sorry Rob, my mistake

Maybe we can trade Spence, Clarke, and Kaliyev to acquire a couple top six wingers we desperately need. Maybe Gallagher and Anderson?

Fiala - Kopitar - Anderson
Moore - Byfield - Foegele
Jeannot - Danault - Gallagher

1719875825706.gif

• Haha
Reactions: King'sPawn

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Let's look at the numbers shall we?

Joel Edmundson:
Hits/60 - 5.43 (Englund - 10.45)
Blocks/60 - 4.41 (Englund - 4.81)

We just signed an older, dollar store version of Andreas Englund for 16 million dollars.
Makes this signing even more pathetic now. *sigh*

jgs

Oct 24, 2019
Seriously, when you look at the two teams that played for the Cup and the one that won it, then compare those two teams to the Kings. You will realize that the Kings are nowhere close to being the type of team that can win the Cup. They are not even going in the right direction. Blaake and Luc are full of shit and don't have a clue on how to biuld a Cup contending team. All their decisons prove this, How they keep their jobs just shows the incompetance of the person ultimately running this team. (Beckman)

Reactions: chris kontos

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I took it "that way" because you said this
It wasn't "smug" it was it was more about my annoyance for a guy I despise.and my sarcastic sense of humor. It may have came off wrong but not by intention.

I have 17 Habs cups under my belt including watching some great GMs at work. For me, Bergy wiped out a decade of Habs history.

Anywho...moving on.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

Bergevin is the next Kings GM. I've already come to terms with it.

SmytheKing

Apr 7, 2007

Yeah why would we think Blake had anything to do with this? It wasn't like they were looking at him in 2020 two years before Bergevin was a part of the team.

1719878678950.png

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
It's not even the player that's the problem. If you were to tell me we'd be getting Joel Edmundson on a fair deal I'd be thrilled.

D. Kulikov - 4 years/1.15M
C. Miller - 2 years/1.5M
V. Desharnais - 2 years/2M
J. Hakanpaa - 2 years/1.5M
B. Smith - 1 year/1M
J. Brown - 3 years/1M
D. Forbort - 1 year/1.5M
E. Johnson - 1 year/1M

Then out of nowhere Joel Edmundson 4 YEARS/15.4M

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
It's not even the player that's the problem. If you were to tell me we'd be getting Joel Edmundson on a fair deal I'd be thrilled.

C. Miller - 2 years/1.5M
B. Smith - 1 year/1M
J. Brown - 3 years/1M
D. Forbort - 1 year/1.5M
E. Johnson - 1 year/1M

i can't believe i'm saying it, but i would've rather had forbort back for 2x2

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
i can't believe i'm saying it, but i would've rather had forbort back for 2x2
I'd rather have Forbort back 3 years/3M.

Hell if you want me to dive into the numbers I'm fairly certain Derek Forbort is a better defensemen than Edmundson currently.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I'd rather have Forbort back 3 years/3M.

Hell if you want me to dive into the numbers I'm fairly certain Derek Forbort is a better defensemen than Edmundson currently.
i don't think i could do 3, you have to understand the depths to which i hate that guy's game

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005

C. Miller - 2 years/1.5M
B. Smith - 1 year/1M
J. Brown - 3 years/1M
D. Forbort - 1 year/1.5M
E. Johnson - 1 year/1M

Reactions: tbrown33

Ad

Upcoming events