Confirmed with Link: Kings sign Edmundson 4 years x 3.8 million

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Jeannot hasnt even played for us yet and you're writing him off...

I'm not personally writing him off

But why does every signing have to be a reclamation project?

These guys painted themselves into a corner with poor asset and cap management and construction so they have to overpay to fill needs that are self inflicted wounds and thus we end up with guys who NEED to "bounce back" and it's a never ending stream in PLD Kuemper Jeannot Edmundson i mean

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Edmundson...well he'll be a dependable 5-6th D-man but for 4 years? By that time Dvorak,Kirsanov will have headed back to Europe because they couldn't handle anymore BS lies...when most NHL teams are getting younger and faster the Kings are getting slower and old...but are adding size which will mean nothing cause you can't hit what you can't catch

Reactions: Schmooley

KingPuckChoo

Go kinGs Go !
Jun 24, 2007
This is how Blake views the back end:

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Edmundson
Englund - Burroughs
Spence
Moverare
Clarke

Kuemper
Rittich
Copley
Portillo

all of this is fascinating

Reactions: BaileyFan

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
This is how Blake views the back end:

Anderson - Doughty
Gavrikov - Edmundson
Englund - Burroughs
Spence
Moverare
Clarke

Kuemper
Rittich
Copley
Portillo

all of this is fascinating
Listen, I'm no fan of today's shenanigans, but there is no way Blake is viewing Clarke as lowest on the totem pole.

However, I can see them moving Spence for a scoring top 6 winger. Nothing is off the table to Blake. He's locked himself in his bunker and is going to wait out the war.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I'm not personally writing him off

But why does every signing have to be a reclamation project?

These guys painted themselves into a corner with poor asset and cap management and construction so they have to overpay to fill needs that are self inflicted wounds and thus we end up with guys who NEED to "bounce back" and it's a never ending stream in PLD Kuemper Jeannot Edmundson i mean

Reclamation projects like Mitchell, Williams, Gagne. 31 year old defensive defensemen for 4 years for a larger % of the cap like Scuderi(and Mitchell for the %).

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Let's look at the numbers shall we?

Joel Edmundson:
Hits/60 - 5.43 (Englund - 10.45)
Blocks/60 - 4.41 (Englund - 4.81)

We just signed an older, dollar store version of Andreas Englund for 16 million dollars.
And Englund's defensive metrics are a lot better the Edmundson's.

On top of that, Edmundson takes more bad penalties than Englund and he's abysmal on the PK.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
god damnit, its on TSN now, i had some hope after that tweet that it wasnt actually finalized yet that it wasnt going to happen. Why 4 years?!?

aceofpace

Mar 19, 2016
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse. I'm *REALLY* not looking forward to watching this team next year. It's a slow-motion train wreck and it's about to get worse.
That's actually our only hope. For us to have such a bad season that Blake can finally get canned.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad