Prospect Info: Kings Prospects in the CHL/College Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

redcard

System Poster
Mar 12, 2007
Unpopular opinion because I think this will get taken the wrong way but I feel like Akil Thomas will be Trevor Lewis +5 points. Nothing about him screams prolific top six scorer, but he's good at everything, has good vision and IQ, can get around the ice, and is a high character dude. Kinda the same with JAD--they're both high-skill junior players, but nothing to write home about at an NHL level. But if you have guys that smart and mobile cruising around your bottom six, life's ok.

Thomas has that feel of the guy you name captain over the star players and then have to explain to every other team's fans why.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Looks like Mayor's Manor prospect rankings are down to the last 6 spots:

(note: they did goalies separate and why you do not see any here...when you consider the 3 of: Petersen, Ingham and Parik, the top 20 prospects
are truly impressive. Jordan Spence did not make the list and he's already called the best defenseman in the QMJHL!)

2020 LA KINGS MIDSEASON PROSPECT RANKINGS
15. Kim Nousiainen
14. Cole Hults
13. Sean Durzi
12. Aidan Dudas
11. Samuel Fagemo
10. Jaret Anderson-Dolan
9. Akil Thomas
8. Cale Clague
7. Mikey Anderson

So...the top 6 are obviously: Kupari, Bjornfot, Madden, Kaliyev, Vilardi and Turcotte.

Here's how I would rank them. Let's put our top 6 and see how they compare to Mayor's top 6.

6. Kupari too bad about his injury. still have high hopes for him. he was acclimating better late by December in the AHL.
5. Bjornfot tough call between him and Madden for me here. Bjornfot is a lock as #1 LHD or #2 LHD.
4. Madden elite skill, close to elite skating. the 155 lbs worry me, but if he gets to 170, with more strength, should be fine. 170 is still light, but many in NHL now at that size.
3. Kaliyev. Honeslty, Madden or Bjornfot may end up being better. I give Kaliyev the edge, as his goal scoring prowess is elite. His vision and playmaking underrated too.
2. Vilardi I am giving Turcotte the edge, mainly due to Turcotte's skating. Vilardi is the real deal! Skating will not hold him back, but he's not going to skate by any defenseman.
1. Turcotte. I do not see any weaknesses to his game and he plays 200 feet. is he a 60 pt, 2nd center, or 80 pt, 1st center? I'd be happy with either, but 1st ctr is better.

How about adding this as well:

1. Name 2 outside of the top 7, that may be better than 1 or more in the top 7? ( I think Mikey Anderson will be a stud and #2 LHD) So let's say beyond top 7.
I am going with Thomas and Fagemo
2. Who is your favorite prospect? I'm going with Turcotte. He's so driven. May not end up being the best of the group, but the one I'm most excited about. Vilardi close second, with all he has had to overcome.

Good list agree with everything except I take Madden out of my top six and put Fagemo in. I really like Fagemo's game and he's proven it against men Winning a title last year and lead the World Juniors just this year in Scoring. Here's my top six.

6. Kupari
5. Kaliyev
4. Fagemo
3. Bjornfot
2. Turcott
1. Vilardi

Honorable Mention
Our 1st round pick this year,
Alexis Lafreniere :sarcasm:

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Unpopular opinion because I think this will get taken the wrong way but I feel like Akil Thomas will be Trevor Lewis +5 points. Nothing about him screams prolific top six scorer, but he's good at everything, has good vision and IQ, can get around the ice, and is a high character dude. Kinda the same with JAD--they're both high-skill junior players, but nothing to write home about at an NHL level. But if you have guys that smart and mobile cruising around your bottom six, life's ok.

I'm hoping he's more like Jarret Stoll +10 goals...and -1 drug bust.

Reactions: cyclones22

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Who I’m excited to see more so than maybe a top ranked list.

1. Vilardi
2. Turcotte
3. Kaliyev
4. Bjornfot
5. Anderson
6. Fagemo
7. Madden
8. Thomas
9. Grundstrom
10. JAD
11. Clague
12. Hults
13. Morverare
14. Durzi
15. Dudas

One of: Lafreniere/Drysdale/Stutzle

Nickster

Hockey is coming
Nov 5, 2017
Inland Empire

1. Vilardi
2. Turcotte
3. Kaliyev
4. Bjornfot
5. Anderson
6. Fagemo
7. Madden
8. Thomas
9. Grundstrom
10. JAD
11. Clague
12. Hults
13. Morverare
14. Durzi
15. Dudas

No love for Kupari...

Reactions: funky

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

1. Vilardi
2. Turcotte
3. Kaliyev
4. Bjornfot
5. Anderson
6. Fagemo
7. Madden
8. Thomas
9. Grundstrom
10. JAD
11. Clague
12. Hults
13. Morverare
14. Durzi
15. Dudas

I think Vilardi, Anderson and Grundstrom are a lock for the opening day NHL roster next season. Other players with a decent chance are Bjornfot, Clague and JAD. Everyone else is a long shot (especially the players lacking pro experience) , but certainly not completely ruled out.

LAKings88

Formerly KOTR
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
I think Vilardi, Anderson and Grundstrom are a lock for the opening day NHL roster next season. Other players with a decent chance are Bjornfot, Clague and JAD. Everyone else is a long shot (especially the players lacking pro experience) , but certainly not completely ruled out.
Agreed, I think Madden and Turcotte have shots but won’t be rushed. They need to earn it.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

Sleeping Dog

Fan Since ‘68
Sep 21, 2013
LBC
Agreed, I think Madden and Turcotte have shots but won’t be rushed. They need to earn it.
Since Blake has been very open to bringing up players to get their cup of coffee with LA, I expect to see these guys get 2-4 games in (if they’ve earned it). It gives players a great incentive to work hard and be ready for their shot.

Reactions: LAKings88

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA

1. Vilardi
2. Turcotte
3. Kaliyev
4. Bjornfot
5. Anderson
6. Fagemo
7. Madden
8. Thomas
9. Grundstrom
10. JAD
11. Clague
12. Hults
13. Morverare
14. Durzi
15. Dudas

I’m curious and excited to see Kaliyev. He will make things very interesting if he comes in and lights it up.

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Definitely haven't been this excited about our prospects in a long time but I think the only locks are Vilardi and Mikey Anderson. Everyone else is going to be part of the learning curve. Kaliyev will need some time how much I love this kid and his scoring ability he will struggle a bit with his skating in my opinion and will need time in the A. But I'm hoping he'll be Luc Robitaille right away. :DD

Last edited:

Sparky206

Nov 13, 2019
Definitely haven't been this excited about our prospects in a long time but I think the only locks are Vilardi and Mikey Anderson. Everyone else is going to be part of the learning curve. Kaliyev will need some time how much I love this kid and his scoring ability he will struggle a bit with his skating in my opinion and will need time in the A. But I'm hoping he Luc Robitaille right away. :DD

Bjornfoot is also a lock, he was capable of Nhl this year but development preference away from the tank and triggering his Elc kept him away. Had we been a contender then he's already an Nhl regular

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
Reactions: dman3474
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad