Kings name Jim Hiller head coach full time

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lmfao. I mean, even if you couldn't get anyone else to take the job and wanted to give the guy a full time job as someone familiar with the culture et al, why three years?

At the worst he's a TM clone who will change nothing and get similar albeit, nonexistent results. At the best he changes things up given he has an off-season and training camp to implement his own ideas. Given you haven't even seen if the best case is real, why would you opt for multi-multi-year? Shouldn't you want some training wheels first?

What is even going on in that Org? This is approaching the early stages of Buffalo/Oilers/Sens failed managerial decision making, except the team on the ice has enough aged hall of fame talent to not let the wheels complete blow off.

I don't have anything against Hiller, maybe he's fine, but I don't see how he's going to fix anything with the way that team is constructed, and why you'd sign so many years with zero empirical evidence to base it off of.

I would argue it's one of the most impressive mismanagement jobs in sports history

Taking a franchise--that you're familiar with for over a decade from the inside as a manager and twice as long as a player!--with two recent championships, a recently built renovated championship infrastructure at all levels, future hall of famers, carte blanche with good prospects and a million picks, and practically limitless AEG assets and have turned it into a black hole team not once but TWICE and get to STILL KEEP GOING

Not a more impressing f***ing off ever made imo, Rob Blake has been sent by the hockey gods to f*** over Kings fans not once but twice in this lifetime and this is the penance for two championships, I guess we should have known that was the deal we were making with the devil, "all the ghosts of the 90s will return to wreak havoc on your future"

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
They have some big offensive tools on their roster with Byfield, Fiala, Kempe, Clarke and very solid two guys in Kopitar, Danault, Doughty even at their big ages. Moore and Dubois (when he’s on) are also very good players.

I understand that they are likely to let Roy walk this summer but I look at that roster and think they’re really only a goalie and coach away from being a dangerous team. I don’t get why ownership wouldn’t shake up management and get a meaningful coach but I guess they have their view on it and think what they did was something that could work? Idk

• Haha
Reactions: chris kontos

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
I like how Hiller and Blake mostly talked during their press conference about being happy with their defense and needing more offense, although they allowed 4.40 goals per game in their series loss to the Oilers and even having the best offense in the entire league in the regular season (3.70 goals per game) still wouldn't have been enough.

BaileyFan

Jun 14, 2023
They have some big offensive tools on their roster with Byfield, Fiala, Kempe, Clarke and very solid two guys in Kopitar, Danault, Doughty even at their big ages. Moore and Dubois (when he’s on) are also very good players.

I understand that they are likely to let Roy walk this summer but I look at that roster and think they’re really only a goalie and coach away from being a dangerous team. I don’t get why ownership wouldn’t shake up management and get a meaningful coach but I guess they have their view on it and think what they did was something that could work? Idk
Then you haven’t looked at the roster hard enough.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Imo the 1-3-1 wasn't even the problem. Hiller just had bad strategy in general. His special teams were especially bad vs Edmonton.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
why do former nhl players run teams
what do they know about management
They know how they were yelled at by the previous guy. That’s all I’ve got.

Solid tools? Yes.

Offensive? Only to my liver.

Reactions: Trash Panda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad