Confirmed with Link: Kings extend Spence. 2 Years, $3M

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
That's a tidy piece of work.

Spence is an absolute beauty and there's some upside to come. His numbers even with an absolute turd like Englund were spectacular.
After Englund It’ll be interesting how they pair Clarke and Spence. It wouldn’t actually surprise me if Clarke ends up with Gavrikov, I just think stylistically it works better. I think they’d need Gavrikovs IQ to work with Clarke’s unpredictability. Whereas Spence isn’t going to do anything that risks exposing Edmundson too much.

It’s a great deal and ends when they should have cap space to give him what I expect to be a significant hike. His growth has been reassuringly consistent, decent head for the game, good toolset and he will get physically stronger.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I just hope he gets pp time :)
They need to use 3 D across the 2 pp lines because all three RD need to play with three man advantage. It’ll be interesting to see how they accommodate things, because it’s hard to justify not using any of them atm.

Reactions: LAKings88

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
After Englund It’ll be interesting how they pair Clarke and Spence. It wouldn’t actually surprise me if Clarke ends up with Gavrikov, I just think stylistically it works better. I think they’d need Gavrikovs IQ to work with Clarke’s unpredictability. Whereas Spence isn’t going to do anything that risks exposing Edmundson too much.

It’s a great deal and ends when they should have cap space to give him what I expect to be a significant hike. His growth has been reassuringly consistent, decent head for the game, good toolset and he will get physically stronger.

Makes sense on paper for sure.

Eager to see how the chemistry pans out though! Spence seems to be able to play with anyone anywhere though, much like Walker in that regard. Clarke needs a little bit more IQ since he's gonna rove, Gavrikov seems pretty ideal.

Reactions: Statto

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
San Diego County
Really like deal, it's to bad they cant get the same type of value when signing ufa's. Maybe its because Luc doesn't get involved with the Rfas or players who can actually play.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
Great deal. Sets him up for a nice payday if his play continues to improve. He was one of our better playoff guys. Would like to see what he could do with Gav or even Edmundson. Has another year under his belt and a bit of an upgrade in partners.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Pauldan LaSpence!*

*nevermind that Spence already nearly doubled LaDue's NHL career in production, but acknowledging that would destroy the narrative.
Somebody actually used LaDue as a comparable?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00