GDT: Kings @ Ducks - 7:00 pm - Televised!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
This isn’t related much to the game, but the Ducks just posted an interview with Sustr previewing the game and talking about his camp, and damn he talks and sounds exactly like Silf.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
No lineups yet, other than the tweet for Miller in goal, huh? But "ice much of their expected lineup" sounds like we'll see:
  • Getz, Rico, Steel, and Gibbons as centers (maybe Lundestrom gets another look instead of Gibbons, or Getz gets another night off?)
  • Raks, Kase, Silf, Cogs, Terry, Comtois, Sherwood, Rowney as wings (holy hell our wings look pretty depleted)
  • A couple of our regular top 4 D get the night off, and we get another look at Mahura
Not having the last couple of games televised has made me antsy. Want to see a continuation of the up-tempo style they're trying to employ.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Teaford posted some possible lines based on the morning skate... so based on that, this would be my guess:

Rakell- Getzlaf- Terry
Silfverberg - Henrique - Kase
Cogliano - Steel - Sherwood
Comtois - Lundestrom - Tropp

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Teaford posted some possible lines based on the morning skate... so based on that, this would be my guess:

Rakell- Getzlaf- Terry
Silfverberg - Henrique - Kase
Cogliano - Steel - Sherwood
Comtois - Lundestrom - Tropp
I don’t know why but honestly I like this lineup a lot. Excited to see how we do.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Why is flower getting the shit end of the stick

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
I feel so bad for Fowler always having to be the guy to have to carry an awful partner.

It feels almost like a running joke at this point.

"Who do we put the worst defenseman with? I know! Let's put him with the guy we ask to play a shit ton of minutes."

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
It feels almost like a running joke at this point.

"Who do we put the worst defenseman with? I know! Let's put him with the guy we ask to play a **** ton of minutes."
I bet it absolutely killed RC to pair Fowler with Montour last season. Giving him a good player? Heavens no!!

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
Do you think Steel's potential is a bit stunted between Cogs and Sherwood?

I think Cogliano's a good fit. He needs all the defensive help he can get on his lines.

Sherwood? That's where the whole "injuries piling up to wingers" thing starts to scare me. Winger is the easiest spot to fill with depth, but when it gets to the point where a guy like Sherwood is seeing top-9 minutes, you've probably gone too deep. The only thing I really like him for is being a guy who can skate his butt off on the fourth line for 10-12 minutes a game and then maybe be a threat in transition because he does play fast going up the ice.

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
This will be the fourth NHL(ish) game I'm seeing Troy Terry in. I wouldn't mind if this is the first time a goal happens because of something he does.

rlstine

Jun 14, 2017
They should sign Nick Shore for $1 million and stick him on the wing. He can't be worse than Rowney or Sherwood.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Sherwood has been one of our better players all camp .... He has a kase like motor

Reactions: DuckRogers10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark