Kings @ Avalanche - 1/22/2013

SLang

Nov 29, 2005
Huntington Beach, CA
McKenzie didn't say much more than he wouldn't be surprised if DL was looking for a good vet d-man and that he wouldn't be surprised if Bernier was the price that needed to be paid. He wondered if the Kings could still afford to have a "solid 1-2 punch in goal".

Pretty much said exactly what every HF user already knows.

RonSwanson*

We could beat the Oilers, right guys? I mean....

BBQ_A-uCQAAVTZh.jpg

Right?

So the Flames moved to Edmonton?

That game last night was complete bull ****. Considering that I live in Colorado and the only time I get to see the Kings play in person this year was that game... aww, **** it.

The Avs first and third goals were almost the exact same thing. If LA could score by shooting wide like that, they'd win every game.

Why not give Bernier some games now? He's in game shape, and Quick clearly isn't.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
McKenzie didn't say much more than he wouldn't be surprised if DL was looking for a good vet d-man and that he wouldn't be surprised if Bernier was the price that needed to be paid. He wondered if the Kings could still afford to have a "solid 1-2 punch in goal".

Pretty much said exactly what every HF user already knows.

I think it depends on Mitchell and his time frame. I don't think we make a deal if Mitchell returns. Muzzin has been alright for us so far.

Shellz

May 6, 2009
California
Why not give Bernier some games now? He's in game shape, and Quick clearly isn't.

That doesn't even make any sense. You want Quick to play more games so he can get ready.. not so he can sit for a period of time. Also, how do we even know if Bernier is in "game shape"? Serious question.

You keep going with Quick. He's not the problem.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
That doesn't even make any sense. You want Quick to play more games so he can get ready.. not so he can sit for a period of time. Also, how do we even know if Bernier is in "game shape"? Serious question.

It's assumed he is because he was playing during the lockout.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
If it makes people feel better, even though they are playing bad, Kings are fenwicking 10th overall in the league. So it will all turn around soon

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

I agree with this. Quick made huge improvements between games 1 and 2. In fact he looked back to his last year calibre last game. It was the boards that beat him more than any player.
You do not reward a player who made that big of an improvement by sitting him. Sends the wrong message.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
If you look at the goals Quick allowed in the Colorado game two were crazy bounces off the boards and one was at point blank.

Even in the Chicago game two deflected off a King defender and one was on a 5 on 3.

Quick has been fine.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I'll start to become a little more concerned if we can't score on the Oilers, their defense and goaltending is atrocious.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
If it makes people feel better, even though they are playing bad, Kings are fenwicking 10th overall in the league. So it will all turn around soon

Weren't our Fenwick numbers pretty good through most of last year too?

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Weren't our Fenwick numbers pretty good through most of last year too?

Ye ~8th before the Carter deal, #1 after. The run bad at the start of the year paid off when we ran really good to end the year and through the playoffs

RonSwanson*

Bernier played during the lockout. Quick didn't. Oh, and Quick had back surgery not long ago.

Also... Not playing in games doesn't mean Quick won't be practicing daily.

LA can't afford to wait for Quick to get into game shape in these meaningful games. Bernier is ready and he's shown he can handle it. If they don't play him now, then when?

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Bernier played during the lockout. Quick didn't. Oh, and Quick had back surgery not long ago.

Also... Not playing in games doesn't mean Quick won't be practicing daily.

LA can't afford to wait for Quick to get into game shape in these meaningful games. Bernier is ready and he's shown he can handle it. If they don't play him now, then when?

Not sure what game some of you were watching the other night, but that loss wasn't Quick's fault. Try blaming the defense and the fact that the top two lines have been sleep-walking.

RonSwanson*

Not sure what game some of you were watching the other night, but that loss wasn't Quick's fault. Try blaming the defense and the fact that the top two lines have been sleep-walking.

No need for insults.

I was at the game and saw it first hand.

Quick was slow to get across to the other side of the goals for both of the rebound goals (1 and 3). He had some bad rebound control of his own in the game.

You must think Bernier completely sucks if you don't even want to give him a game right now.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
lol at 'slow to get across for goal 1'. Like any human in the world can get across to make that save. The puck is in the net before anyone can react to see where it has landed

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Quick was fine, And Johnny B will not see a game till the Back to Back's start up.

Sutter has already said that if Quick looks healthy(which he does) he will play 90 percent of the time.

I know people want Johnny B to play so the Kings might get a decent return on him, but The most he could play this year is what ?

10 games ? How exactly is that going to showcase anything, to up his already questionable value.

You play your playoff MVP goalie when he is healthy Period....There is no reason not too.

Also the Kings have not scored enough to even win a game yet.

3 Goals in two games is not going to get it done. Regardless of who you have in Goal.

Johnny B would be 0-2 right now......

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
No need for insults.

I was at the game and saw it first hand.

Quick was slow to get across to the other side of the goals for both of the rebound goals (1 and 3). He had some bad rebound control of his own in the game.

You must think Bernier completely sucks if you don't even want to give him a game right now.

Christ, you took that as an insult?

I don't think Bernier sucks at all...but I do know who was the most responsible for us winning the Stanley Cup, and who was a Vezina finalist....and it wasn't Bernier.

KingKopitar11*

The shots that went off the boards maybe couldnt of have been saved, but the effort to save it wasnt there, im not blaming the loss or goals on him, just thought his transitioning was a bit off. Quick was great but his post to post transition was slow but overall he was good. I think that's just because he just started

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
Those board plays are a tough call. Although I feel on the 2nd one he was way too aggressive on the shooter and put himself out of position.

Just my .02

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad