Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

bland

Jul 1, 2004
I watched this from his 41 pt season and I think I can explain his shooting percentage.. the dude was in front of the net all the time and tipped in half his goals

He looks good here - he skates well - good anticipation on the rush, goes to the net.. dont understand how he's .25 pt a game player last 2 seasons

The last two years he was like a hybrid of end stages David Clarkson and prime Zach Kassian.

There, just a little bit too late to contribute, but there to get shit going. Hopefully a notably slower game out here will allow him to pick up those half seconds that matter.

It will be nice to have a spine again, assuming they also land Dillon. I doubt Burroughs sees much time as it's most likely that he or Englund gets waived. Handedness dictates that they likely keep the RHD as the #7 if they go with Clarke and Spence as regulars. A kid might need to sit a game or two, maybe you want to limit some exposure and go with 7d.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
It is abundantly clear. This team has NO direction. Blake is clueless and had no plan.
I think this is the complete fact here. There isn’t any big hidden plan. There’s no 3 dimensional chess or anything. He’s legit going by ear with no plan in mind. Hes completely lost like we are. But he’s the one who’s made this organization lost.
People keep saying this. I don't understand why.

Every off season for the last 3 years Blake has made a big move. The Kings have cap space. They're trying to win now.

Something pretty significant is likely coming.
What is giving you this idea besides precedence? kings have been a lot more hesitant this time around than last since it’s not turned out well for them

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I watched this from his 41 pt season and I think I can explain his shooting percentage.. the dude was in front of the net all the time and tipped in half his goals

He looks good here - he skates well - good anticipation on the rush, goes to the net.. dont understand how he's .25 pt a game player last 2 seasons

I just watched it completely agree. If he drives the net and parks in front of it like he does in this we will be happy. His wrist shot is respectable as well.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
He is a safety bell for the kids.

If I am an NHL player and see Turcotte and Thomas on the ice with a guy like Lizotte, I am crushing them as I know they each had injuries in the past. Not only am I crushing them. I’m gonna try and take them out of the game.

Even if they’re playing with a guy like Grundstrom, I know there’s gonna be no payback.

Now playing them with a guy like Jeannot I’m probably gonna watch what I do a little more carefully as I know there’s retaliation coming in the form of a beast.

We wanted somebody with a heartbeat. This guy has one.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
What is giving you this idea besides precedence? kings have been a lot more hesitant this time around than last since it’s not turned out well for them
Whether we like it or not, Kings are trying to win now.

It's largely going to come down to what they do with QB and Spence IMO. If they get bridge deals Blake has plenty of cap space to do some damage.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
He is a safety bell for the kids.

If I am an NHL player and see Turcotte and Thomas on the ice with a guy like Lizotte, I am crushing them as I know they each had injuries in the past. Not only am I crushing them. I’m gonna try and take them out of the game.

Even if they’re playing with a guy like Grundstrom, I know there’s gonna be no payback.

Now playing them with a guy like Jeannot I’m probably gonna watch what I do a little more carefully as I know there’s retaliation coming in the form of a beast.

We wanted somebody with a heartbeat. This guy has one.
This. Kings have been bullied ever since they lost MacDermid a few years ago.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Look. Next time Mikey gets tooled by McDavid, at least Jannot can cave in the face of any Oiler. Even if he gets ejected, you take the toughness and don’t worry about it costing you in a close game.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017

It's largely going to come down to what they do with QB and Spence IMO. If they get bridge deals Blake has plenty of cap space to do some damage.
I think they are going to be forced to "win now" without the limitless budget. All the moves suggest the Kings are trying to cut weight because all the bloated bs has only hurt them. I would be surprised if they make a big splash.

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I just watched it completely agree. If he drives the net and parks in front of it like he does in this we will be happy. His wrist shot is respectable as well.
What concerns me is the season he was traded at the deadline, he was tanking in Nashville with about the same pace as he did the subsequent season in TB. So it concerns me that he is quiet quitting like PLD as some have mentioned.. Contract season gives me some hope still.

1719781241889.png

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
Win now is done. The splooge on the floor is well past dry with Pierre sent to the east coast. All wagons are clearly hitched to the kids. It’s the last gasp of a crew of millionaires who can’t get a job out of town and hate the idea of being home with their wives and children.

bland

Jul 1, 2004
Look. Next time Mikey gets tooled by McDavid, at least Jannot can cave in the face of any Oiler. Even if he gets ejected, you take the toughness and don’t worry about it costing you in a close game.
When was the last time you saw this happen though? On any team?

Reactions: tigermask48

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Next time Mikey gets tooled by McDavid, at least Jannot can cave in the face of any Oiler.
Prepare to be disappointed.

Win now is done.
I like Blake’s offseason so far.
Someone needs to check on DoktorJeep. He said something positive about Blake and even implied the team is going in the right direction.

The splooge on the floor is well past dry with Pierre sent to the east coast.
Getting rid of Pierre is a "win now" move.

• Haha
Reactions: Surf Nutz

DoktorJeep

Aug 2, 2005
OC
When was the last time you saw this happen though? On any team?
When Scott Thornton beat up Sean Avery for making fun of Browns lisp and fiancé’s looks.

Prepare to be disappointed.

Someone needs to check on DoktorJeep. He said something positive about Blake and even implied the team is going in the right direction.

Getting rid of Pierre is a "win now" move.
He makes less than $3M for one year. I’d rather see that than Lizotte, Lewis, Arvidsson, and Roy. It’s a positive in my books.

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
I hope Blake is done apart from RFA's and saving the cap space for before the deadline.

Gotta have spots open for the kids and potential cast offs to see who can earn spots before you see what you need before the trade deadline in season.

Starting in the pre season I slot the biggest longshots the furthest up the line up and see what happens.

Then I start bumping guys not looking impressive down the lineup and potentially off the roster during the season.

Pretty simple at F and a little more complicated on D.

Fiala - QB - ?

Kempe - Kopitar - ?

Moore - Danault -?

? - ? - ?

? = Kaliyev, Fagemo, Lee, Akil, Turcotte, Laferriere, Jeannot

Moverare - DD

Gavrikov - Spence

Anderson - Clarke

?

? =( Ends up in the starting lineup or a healthy scratch by the regular season depending on how the younger guys do.)

Burroughs, Englund

Blake has some work to do on D, with Gavrikov and Englund pending uFA's next summer.

He may trade a Defender.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Kings have 18M in cap space.

Assuming Spence and Byfield get bridged you've got about 11M to work with. And only a few roster spots to fill.

I expect that money to get used.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
It’s only a second round pick why are you guys whining
Because it's about asset management, and trading a 2nd (plus) for an overpaid 4th liner who hasn't really been good or healthy in 2 years, and was healthy scratched in the playoffs is poor value.

Far too many get attached to styles and names on the back of the jersey when everything needs to be viewed through the lens of value. Blake has a history since pulling out of the semi-rebuild of selling low and buying high, and it's crippled this franchise.

Last edited:

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
When the Kings acquired MacEwen I thought: "Did management watch this guy play? Why would you give up a draft pick for a guy who so obviously will have to be scratched?"

Same thing with PLD. Kings wanted him for years. Did they watch him play? He's had the same issues with every team going all the way back to junior. Why would you give a guy with motivation issues an 8 year contract?

And now I'm wondering the same thing with Jeannot. Did they watch him play? He's been ass for 3 years now. Why would you give up a 2nd for a guy like that?

Surf Nutz

Hockey Remote Viewer With A Frozen Finger
May 16, 2022
In the tube
clubnami.com
Its refreshing when guys can take an unbiased look at what has been done this summer and not continue to be overly negative.

Other guys just cant seem to get out of the ditch they are in.

You need to buy some guys on the low and hope they turn it around with the salary cap constraints.

I respect overpaying for the exact guy you want.

It can really blow up in your face when it doesn't work but at least you are being decisive.

Blake may be allowed to expire without an extension next summer or worse if the new parts do not make for a smooth ride.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
And now I'm wondering the same thing with Jeannot. Did they watch him play? He's been ass for 3 years now. Why would you give up a 2nd for a guy like that?
Same reason they backed up the truck for PLD... inept scouting and bowls of hopium... they deserve to be scrutinized after the myriad bad decisions this crew has made...Sure you can say good job cleaning up the hazmat disasters.. but in the end they keep moving the franchise backwards... no way should they have kept their jobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Turkey
    KNOCKOUT Austria vs Turkey
    Wagers: 8
    Staked: $30,350.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00