Kings News: Kings acquire Tanner Jeanott from the Lightning

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
@johnnyutah Thanks.

The funny thing is, if the Kings have Englund 3rd pairing and Clarke gets cross checked in the face, first game and no King comes to his aid, there would be 10 posts calling for Blake's head that he didn't get someone to protect him and the team. And I am now 40/60 pro Blake. So, on the negative side of the fence. I don't care about the whole Blake and management thing anymore. It is what it is. I am level 100 anti Luc, though.
I'm pro Kings and will wear my Kopitar jersey...just not the new one. If they have an alternate (with colors) next year, maybe a Byfield or Clarke one.

2022, 3 weeks? before the playoffs, McDavid runs Anderson and he's concussed...no response.
Jeannot would have responded. I'm tired of seeing this for years and the opposition not so much fearing Lemieux, MacEwan? or Englund. During warmups, teams are acutely aware of who they have to look out for....and I'm sure, no one has been too worried, watching the Kings warmup and are more making targets in their minds...let's fkk up Fiala? Kempe? if they are going well tonight?
F that. I think there's a reason the Kings are drafting Ziemmer, Lawrence, Helenius, with knowledge they will play very physical and fight, as part of a reason they're selecting them.

I also believe the way things are going - win at all costs - and one way is to abuse the opponents best players to the point of injuring them....pro scouts doing advance scouting are probably watching games and noting
'this kid Clarke is a nuisance...2 more points tonight and made some players look silly. He should be a target for our 'thugs' (they refer to them as something else) ...Fiala had a lot of room tonight....need to nuetralize him, from the drop of the puck. Oh, they have no one on line 4 to deal with...Lizotte....the midget...50 year old Lewis and that Lady Bing Grundstrom. Should be able to take liberties. Oh, the Kings still playing 1-3-1. But just take out Clarke and Fiala and set the tone. Will be a win. This guy Englund is the tough guy. He's not bad, but no match, really. Can score when he's out there, anyway.

Last edited:

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
Englund and Burroughs aside, it’s important to mention that Jeannot is a tough winger. It's great to have a physical defenseman who can punish someone coming down the wing, but you can't run out of position to initiate contact no matter what zone you're in.

The Kings have been missing a physical forward who is willing to initiate contact and intimidate all over the ice. Wingers have much more latitude to take runs or scrum in the offensive zone, which defensemen can't do.

These guys aren't easy to find, and Jeannot is one of the best at what he does. The cost is not that high. Fills a need without breaking the bank.

funky

Build around Byfield, not the vets
Mar 9, 2002
I leaked the trade 30 minutes before it happened yesterday, I'll leak some more news.

Kyle Clifford will be brought back on a PTO.

You heard it here first.
To do what. Be used as a punching bag for Jeannot in practice. I love the guy but he is washed

• Haha
Reactions: AbsentMojo

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
To do what. Be used as a punching bag for Jeannot in practice. I love the guy but he is washed
My inside sources are telling me they don't want a rookie as our 13th/14th forward and would rather have a vet there for that locker room presence.

giphy.gif

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I can’t believe people are excited about this trade. A 2nd round pick for a guy who was scratched in the playoffs and was overall horrible in Tampa. I understand the need for toughness, but a 2nd round pick for a guy still living off one of the flukiest seasons in NHL history? 24 goals in the fluke year, and 13 in 142 games since. You couldn't have gotten tougher in UFA or not overpaying based on past production that isn't returning? People will say he's not here to score goals or "stats don't matter" but the price the Kings paid for this guy is counting on him scoring around 15 goals, so yes, stats do indeed matter, and yeah goodluck with him producing offensively in LA if he couldn't do it in Tampa.

Yet another pick that could have been used on a young prospect to fix a totally depleted prospect pool, and it's gone on a player who will probably be gone after another 1st round exit loss.

2022 1st
2023 1st
Durzi (traded for a 2nd, gone in PLD trade)
2025 2nd

All for a bunch of guys who are anywhere from secondary pieces to fourth liners.

Yet another trade that a contending team that is properly constructed should be making, and not one that doesn't have an elite 1C, 1D or 1G.

Thanks to AEG for letting these guys continue to bury this team more and more for the next guy.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I can’t believe people are excited about this trade. A 2nd round pick for a guy who was scratched in the playoffs and was overall horrible in Tampa. I understand the need for toughness, but a 2nd round pick for a guy still living off one of the flukiest seasons in NHL history? 24 goals in the fluke year, and 13 in 142 games since. You couldn't have gotten tougher in UFA or not overpaying based on past production that isn't returning? People will say he's not here to score goals or "stats don't matter" but the price the Kings paid for this guy is counting on him scoring around 15 goals, so yes, stats do indeed matter, and yeah goodluck with him producing offensively in LA if he couldn't do it in Tampa.

Yet another pick that could have been used on a young prospect to fix a totally depleted prospect pool, and it's gone on a player who will probably be gone after another 1st round exit loss.

2022 1st
2023 1st
Durzi (traded for a 2nd, gone in PLD trade)
2025 2nd

All for a bunch of guys who are anywhere from secondary pieces to fourth liners.

Yet another trade that a contending team that is properly constructed should be making, and not one that doesn't have an elite 1C, 1D or 1G.

Thanks to AEG for letting these guys continue to bury this team more and more for the next guy.
Herby - everyone wanted this player when Nashville moved him which is why TB gave up so much.

Elliott Friedman mentioned TB trading him recently and said he’s better in the West.

Give the player a chance he will be fan favorite.

Someone needs to protect Turcotte, Thomas, Clarke and Spence.

Reactions: Ghetty Green

FrozenKing18

Goongala! Goongala!
Aug 11, 2009
SoCal
I am going to admit, yes, it's nice to have someone with some grit and sandpaper on the team again but this was a bit risky. Jeanott is a UFA next year and he could easily walk if he doesn't like it in LA. Lot of factors here in play whether this will be good in the long run. This will be a win if Jeanott resigns and Blake somehow gets a 2nd back next year.

Reactions: Johnny Utah

Guitpik

Jul 8, 2006
I am going to admit, yes, it's nice to have someone with some grit and sandpaper on the team again but this was a bit risky. Jeanott is a UFA next year and he could easily walk if he doesn't like it in LA. Lot of factors here in play whether this will be good in the long run. This will be a win if Jeanott resigns and Blake somehow gets a 2nd back next year.
And that’s it. I have no problem with the player, I have a problem paying the 2nd for a bottom six rental to a team that from all reports was needing to get rid of him. If he comes over with three years in term, there’s some security for the second being in play.

F’n Blake makes every other GM look like freaking geniuses. Blake needs to invest in someone to negotiate trades because every other GM must have Rob Blake on speed dial.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
These guys aren't easy to find, and Jeannot is one of the best at what he does. The cost is not that high. Fills a need without breaking the bank.
Huh?

Give the player a chance he will be fan favorite.
I'm absolutely going to give him a chance, but aside from one good season he's been mostly terrible.

No reason to assume we're getting the good version of him.

He is in a contract year. I like that.

GoldenBearHockey

Jan 6, 2014
I watched this from his 41 pt season and I think I can explain his shooting percentage.. the dude was in front of the net all the time and tipped in half his goals

He looks good here - he skates well - good anticipation on the rush, goes to the net.. dont understand how he's .25 pt a game player last 2 seasons

My understanding was team fit, and injuries, he had 3 different injuries he was struggling through

Gjwrams

A Know Nothing Fool
Mar 4, 2019
Whatever. If Burroughs and Jeannot add some snarl and an aura to the team, I’m good, as long as it doesn’t derail a kid under the age of 25 a chance to play

I don’t think there is much else coming. Bottom line, we are probably still a 1st round foder IPlayoff team

I’d really like to fast forward three years to see a world without Blake and see Greentree play. I loved the pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad