Rankings so far:
1. Liam Greentree, RW (73%)
2. Koehn Ziemmer, RW (54.5%)
3. Hampton Slukynsky, G (35%)
4. Akil Thomas, C (51.5%)
5. Erik Portillo, G (43.6%)
6. Kirill Kirsanov, LD (46.2%)

"Prospect Roster"
Greentree (1) - Thomas (4) - Ziemmer (2)
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
F

Kirsanov (6) - D
D - D
D - D
D - D

Slukynsky (3)
Portillo (5)
G

If you are unfamiliar with how things go:

- I will begin with a list of 10 prospects who may not align perfectly with my exact top-10 list, but ones where I think there's more interest and enthusiasm.

- Your votes will be public, and you get one vote in the poll

- You are encouraged to mention who should go on the list next

- I won't vote on any of them, except if it's needed as a tiebreaker

- As always, discussion is half the fun, so feel free to talk it out.

- Feel free to use any criteria you want. It's your vote after all. Some general factors others have used: NHL readiness, upside, role, likelihood to make the NHL, tradability value, or any combination of the above factors.

- I'll start with 48-hour long polls, I'll eventually reduce it to 24 hours as the discussions and participation/voting decreases

- The criteria I am using for this particular poll is Calder Trophy eligibility. Please note there are plenty of other different criteria which can be used (ie, under 23, < 50 games played, etc). The list of those eligible to add will be at the bottom. Now, this criteria may be very strict and make the team look worse due to younger players who no longer match the criteria... but this is what I always use, and will stick with it due to continuity. These are the requirements for Calder Trophy eligibility:

1. Must be under 26 years old by September 15

2. Cannot have played more than 25 games in a single season OR at least 6 games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league

The following players were removed from last year's list last year due to making these criteria or no longer being part of the system:

Clarke, Brandt - D (Games Played)
Doyle, Braden - D (Not Signed)
Fagemo, Samuel - F (Games Played)
Laferriere, Alex - F (Games Played)
Markkanen, Juho - G (Not Signed)
Meehan, Ben - D (Not Signed)
Moverare, Jacob - D (Games Played)
Nousiainen, Kim - D (Not Signed)
Simontaival, Kasper - F (Not Signed)
Turcotte, Alex - F (Games Played)
Ward, Taylor - F (Age)

Here is the list of prospects eligible to be added (sorted alphabetically by last name).

Booth, Angus - LD
Helenius, Samuel - C
Hughes, Jack - C
Krygier, Cole - LD
Lawrence, Kaleb - LW
Madden, Tyler - C
Reeder, James - RW
Salin, Otto - RD
Sparkes, Jack - RD
Shafigullin, Bulat - LW
Woolley, Jared - LD

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I picked Dvorak as he could be a much needed front of the net presence on D that we’ve been lacking along with Kirsanov… George is my close second… truth be told, George should slot in Portillo’s spot

Add Helenius!!!

Reactions: King'sPawn

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
It's easily the best the goalie prospect pool has been since Quick, Bernier, Zatkoff and Jones. Maybe the deepest it's been in Kings' history. Feels strange for a franchise that's been notoriously bad at development goalies.

Reactions: King'sPawn

Schrute farms

LA Kings: new GM wanted -- inquire within
Jul 7, 2020
I just hope they drafted George because they think he's going to be really good and it was great value at that spot....versus them being unsure/unlikely they can sign Sluk and needed another high level option. All three are a great prospect group.

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I think so as George arguably has the stronger pedigree. The Sluk question is a long way down the line and I doubt they would be concerned at this point.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I just hope they drafted George because they think he's going to be really good and it was great value at that spot....versus them being unsure/unlikely they can sign Sluk and needed another high level option. All three are a great prospect group.
It may be my naivete, but I'd like to think they learned from not having a reliable goalie. They went all in on Petersen, then had issues with Quick. Then they traded for Korpisalo. And have depended on merc backups.

There has been a lot of outsourcing and paying prices they could barely afford to stabilize the goalie situation.

So while Portillo is growing into a backup/starter role, he's holding down the fort while the org basically treats the other two like Bernier/Quick, seeing who comes out.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
It may be my naivete, but I'd like to think they learned from not having a reliable goalie. They went all in on Petersen, then had issues with Quick. Then they traded for Korpisalo. And have depended on merc backups.

There has been a lot of outsourcing and paying prices they could barely afford to stabilize the goalie situation.

So while Portillo is growing into a backup/starter role, he's holding down the fort while the org basically treats the other two like Bernier/Quick, seeing who comes out.

I agree. I also think additionally, when they've sought out Saros and Ullmark in trades, they've found that the cost of assets was quite expensive, along with having to sign them....and then having a 6+ million goalie on a 6+ year deal. Not having an elite goalie in their peak years. Not ideal, as they begin to tail off some, yet having a longeterm dollar and contract commitment.

This has led them to rethink and draft and develop top level goalie prospects. So their first foray was to deal a #3 for Portillo....knowing he would be a 2 year AHL development and be 25 or so, when he arrives...and that left a hole for 18-23 year old goalies in the system. Enter Slukynsky. And if they feel George is as good or potentially better than Slukynsky, get him at 57 and now have goaltending as a strength. MAYBE never having to go out and deal for a big name goalie. Will be interesting to see how Kuemper holds up and if he can actually be #1 still, by 25-26....and if Portillo continues to progress.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad