Jul 1, 2003
Added Francesco Pinelli

Rankings so far:
1. Liam Greentree, RW (73%)
2. Koehn Ziemmer, RW (54.5%)
3. Hampton Slukynsky, G (35%)
4. Akil Thomas, C (39.6%)

"Prospect Roster"
Greentree (1) - Thomas (4) - Ziemmer (2)
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
LW - C - RW
F

D - D
D - D
D - D
D - D

Slukynsky (3)
G
G

If you are unfamiliar with how things go:

- I will begin with a list of 10 prospects who may not align perfectly with my exact top-10 list, but ones where I think there's more interest and enthusiasm.

- Your votes will be public, and you get one vote in the poll

- You are encouraged to mention who should go on the list next

- I won't vote on any of them, except if it's needed as a tiebreaker

- As always, discussion is half the fun, so feel free to talk it out.

- Feel free to use any criteria you want. It's your vote after all. Some general factors others have used: NHL readiness, upside, role, likelihood to make the NHL, tradability value, or any combination of the above factors.

- I'll start with 48-hour long polls, I'll eventually reduce it to 24 hours as the discussions and participation/voting decreases

- The criteria I am using for this particular poll is Calder Trophy eligibility. Please note there are plenty of other different criteria which can be used (ie, under 23, < 50 games played, etc). The list of those eligible to add will be at the bottom. Now, this criteria may be very strict and make the team look worse due to younger players who no longer match the criteria... but this is what I always use, and will stick with it due to continuity. These are the requirements for Calder Trophy eligibility:

1. Must be under 26 years old by September 15

2. Cannot have played more than 25 games in a single season OR at least 6 games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league

The following players were removed from last year's list last year due to making these criteria or no longer being part of the system:

Clarke, Brandt - D (Games Played)
Doyle, Braden - D (Not Signed)
Fagemo, Samuel - F (Games Played)
Laferriere, Alex - F (Games Played)
Markkanen, Juho - G (Not Signed)
Meehan, Ben - D (Not Signed)
Moverare, Jacob - D (Games Played)
Nousiainen, Kim - D (Not Signed)
Simontaival, Kasper - F (Not Signed)
Turcotte, Alex - F (Games Played)
Ward, Taylor - F (Age)

Here is the list of prospects eligible to be added (sorted alphabetically by last name).

Booth, Angus - LD
Chromiak, Martin - RW
Helenius, Samuel - C
Hughes, Jack - C
Krygier, Cole - LD
Lawrence, Kaleb - LW
Madden, Tyler - C
Reeder, James - RW
Salin, Otto - RD
Sparkes, Jack - RD
Shafigullin, Bulat - LW
Woolley, Jared - LD
Wright, Jared - LW

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
On my list I threw together at the start of this, I have Greentree, Ziemmer, Thomas, Kirsanov, and then the goalies, (yes, all 3 of them, lol) then Dvorak...

Tempted to vote George or Portillo because I feel those two should be close to Hammer.

This one is tough, but not going to throw out my list.
Going Kirsanov.
Add Lawrence

Reactions: King'sPawn

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Has to be between Kirsanov, Dvorak (who I think we are all sleeping on), Conmy or Carter George for me but I’m struggling on how to split them.

I agree on Dvorak who I went for here. Not going to hear a lot about a stay at home defenseman playing in the WHL, but he's got the size and ability to be a solid defenseman. Kirsanov is closer to the NHL than him, but is such a wildcard on if he'll actually make it over.

Add Wright

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Chromiak has to be up there wishing for him to have a great off-season and really bust out for the Reign and get a call up by the Kings in 2024-25

apadilla

Dec 27, 2007
Any word on why (RFA) Portillo hasn't signed? Wondering if he is holding out for a one-way deal. I can see offering him a 2 year contract, with the 1st year being a two-way, and the 2nd year being a one-way. About 900K each season. Not sure though if that is enough for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad