D - D
D - D
D - D
D - D

Slukynsky (3)
G
G

If you are unfamiliar with how things go:

- I will begin with a list of 10 prospects who may not align perfectly with my exact top-10 list, but ones where I think there's more interest and enthusiasm.

- Your votes will be public, and you get one vote in the poll

- You are encouraged to mention who should go on the list next

- I won't vote on any of them, except if it's needed as a tiebreaker

- As always, discussion is half the fun, so feel free to talk it out.

- Feel free to use any criteria you want. It's your vote after all. Some general factors others have used: NHL readiness, upside, role, likelihood to make the NHL, tradability value, or any combination of the above factors.

- I'll start with 48-hour long polls, I'll eventually reduce it to 24 hours as the discussions and participation/voting decreases

- The criteria I am using for this particular poll is Calder Trophy eligibility. Please note there are plenty of other different criteria which can be used (ie, under 23, < 50 games played, etc). The list of those eligible to add will be at the bottom. Now, this criteria may be very strict and make the team look worse due to younger players who no longer match the criteria... but this is what I always use, and will stick with it due to continuity. These are the requirements for Calder Trophy eligibility:

1. Must be under 26 years old by September 15

2. Cannot have played more than 25 games in a single season OR at least 6 games in each of any two preceding seasons in any major professional league

The following players were removed from last year's list last year due to making these criteria or no longer being part of the system:

Clarke, Brandt - D (Games Played)
Doyle, Braden - D (Not Signed)
Fagemo, Samuel - F (Games Played)
Laferriere, Alex - F (Games Played)
Markkanen, Juho - G (Not Signed)
Meehan, Ben - D (Not Signed)
Moverare, Jacob - D (Games Played)
Nousiainen, Kim - D (Not Signed)
Simontaival, Kasper - F (Not Signed)
Turcotte, Alex - F (Games Played)
Ward, Taylor - F (Age)

Here is the list of prospects eligible to be added (sorted alphabetically by last name).

Booth, Angus - LD
Chromiak, Martin - RW
Helenius, Samuel - C
Hughes, Jack - C
Krygier, Cole - LD
Lawrence, Kaleb - LW
Madden, Tyler - C
Pinelli, Francesco - C
Reeder, James - RW
Salin, Otto - RD
Sparkes, Jack - RD
Shafigullin, Bulat - LW
Woolley, Jared - LD
Wright, Jared - LW

Last edited:

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Ready now: Akil Thomas. 24. Upside: 3rd line W or C. I think he will stick and not disappoint, No bubble type like Lias, JAD, Fagemo...that just can't stick and goes back to AHL...or waived. He's a gamer and can play. I think few realize Thomas eclipsed 100 pts in Niagara. Impressive. Has skill and can score and that's why I wouldn't limit him to a 4th liner.

Kirill Kirsanov: 21 2+ yrs in KHL and Yannetti says he could challenge to make the team, this year.
(before Edmundson signing) He's put up pts in lower levels. It's not a stretch he can be a second pairing in the NHL.

To me, when comparing, I take into account leagues, levels, age and upside.
I go with Kirsanov here.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I keep voting Portillo because he’s 6’6” and the other two guys are 6’1”
At least for me, part of this is George and Hammer have shown the potential to win games the team otherwise shouldn't win.

Portillo is definitely further along and more developed for sure, but he hasn't shown that ability to stand on his head and be a gamechanger. He's a very solid, big bodied goalie but he let's in occasional bad goals and really hasn't shown much beyond being a borderline NHL starter.

Hammer and George have both shown that ability that Quick had, to be at their absolute best when the team needs them to be and to me, that gives them higher upside.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Not sure who voted for Thomas but personally don't consider him a prospect after 4 years in AHL. Like him as the 4th line RWinger to replace Lewis not sure he's a Centre though LA sure could use a RC

Statto

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 9, 2014
Not sure who voted for Thomas but personally don't consider him a prospect after 4 years in AHL. Like him as the 4th line RWinger to replace Lewis not sure he's a Centre though LA sure could use a RC
He’s a natural C but is so versatile he gets played everywhere, even D. He has a high IQ and compete.

He’s a prospect as he is Calder eligible.

Reactions: King'sPawn

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
Just as an FYI, you can click on the number in the poll results and it will show you who voted for who.
Full disclosure, I voted for Thomas, come at me! Kidding.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Thomas is not a Prospect because he's basically a lock in LA the rest are Prospects
Then do your own poll(s).

My criteria is transparent. I get people not wanting to vote because they don't see him as a prospect, but putting your own criteria and debating who is and isn't a lock is the type of subjectivity the criteria avoids.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Then do your own poll(s).

My criteria is transparent. I get people not wanting to vote because they don't see him as a prospect, but putting your own criteria and debating who is and isn't a lock is the type of subjectivity the criteria avoids.
Just my opinion sorry it caused some trepidation

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad