Kings 2024 NHL Prospect Pool Rankings: #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who is the #1 Kings Prospect?

• Connors, Kenny - F

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dvorak, Jakub - D

• Jamsen, Aatu - F

• Lee, Andre - F

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
This is such a big year for all of the 23 and unders.
by end of coming season, will know

1. If QB can emerge as top center and be a #1C by time Kopi retires...or take over by next yr as #1
2. If Clarke is the next 'to becoming' Josi light, or more of a Filip Hronek. He needs a full season to get a read on his trajectory
3. Is Greentree a miss by other teams and should have been gone 8-13 in the draft? (by just killing it this year) Does his skating improve. Or does he not progress so much.
4. Ziemmer. Is he AHL bound and make an impact? Or float around 3rd and 4th line and put up like 15-20 pts. A year in the AHL will show if he's legit.
5. Turcotte. The year we finally see if he's a solid 3rd line NHL W/C. If he tops out at 20 pts, will be deemed marginal NHL player. If he busts out and makes an impact and 35ish pts, will be better than hoped for , 2 yrs ago projection. He may never reach potential. But there are Hyman's that bust out (no pun intended...or maybe) at age 30. Not that Turc would bust out that level, but more like Moore . lol no pun.
6. Slukynsky. How does he do in the big step to College? Does he start and have a great yr?
7. Portillo. Does he improve on last yr?
8. Is Jared Wright a stud and busts out for 20 goals and 40 pts at Denver? He's a sleeper. Can skate and forecheck. A certain NHL future, I think. But as the next Lewis, or better?
9. Pinelli. See him blossom and take off? 50 pts possible?
10. Dvorak, Will know if he's a legit prospect by end of next season. But, as a future 3rd pair? Or more upside?
11. Conmy. Does he continue to kill it and elevate even more? Possibly. He's a stud. Hipe he grows an inch. He's strong and may not matter how tall he grows. Strong core strength.
12. Mania is a wildcard. Skills and can skate. But he must carve out what type of player he is.
13. Woolley gets a full yr in London. Will know how good he is, pretty much after this yr.
14. Lawrence. Wildcard. Sure puts in the work and effort. hopefully, the dev team does not mess him up.
15. Carter George. I've seen some top 20 NHL prospect goalie list and he's not on it?
Let's see George elevate even more. Betting on him to succeed.

I may have missed some....going off top of my head and didn't read a list. Jamsen is intersting, as is Kirsanov!

Sure, no sure fire elite prospects, outside of Clarke, with Greentree some hope to become a legit top 6. Hurts, not having #1 picks 2 yrs and WORSE, not dealing Roy for a #1 !

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Not sure what's going on with Bulat but isn't he tied to his club team Niftkekhimik Nizhnekamsk in the KHL for another 2 seasons...see him as a long shot to ever come over especially at 26-27 years old
Yep. He's a longshot for sure. You never know though. They eventually got Prokhorkin to come over.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
This is such a big year for all of the 23 and unders.
by end of coming season, will know

1. If QB can emerge as top center and be a #1C by time Kopi retires...or take over by next yr as #1
2. If Clarke is the next 'to becoming' Josi light, or more of a Filip Hronek. He needs a full season to get a read on his trajectory
3. Is Greentree a miss by other teams and should have been gone 8-13 in the draft? (by just killing it this year) Does his skating improve. Or does he not progress so much.
4. Ziemmer. Is he AHL bound and make an impact? Or float around 3rd and 4th line and put up like 15-20 pts. A year in the AHL will show if he's legit.
5. Turcotte. The year we finally see if he's a solid 3rd line NHL W/C. If he tops out at 20 pts, will be deemed marginal NHL player. If he busts out and makes an impact and 35ish pts, will be better than hoped for , 2 yrs ago projection. He may never reach potential. But there are Hyman's that bust out (no pun intended...or maybe) at age 30. Not that Turc would bust out that level, but more like Moore . lol no pun.
6. Slukynsky. How does he do in the big step to College? Does he start and have a great yr?
7. Portillo. Does he improve on last yr?
8. Is Jared Wright a stud and busts out for 20 goals and 40 pts at Denver? He's a sleeper. Can skate and forecheck. A certain NHL future, I think. But as the next Lewis, or better?
9. Pinelli. See him blossom and take off? 50 pts possible?
10. Dvorak, Will know if he's a legit prospect by end of next season. But, as a future 3rd pair? Or more upside?
11. Conmy. Does he continue to kill it and elevate even more? Possibly. He's a stud. Hipe he grows an inch. He's strong and may not matter how tall he grows. Strong core strength.
12. Mania is a wildcard. Skills and can skate. But he must carve out what type of player he is.
13. Woolley gets a full yr in London. Will know how good he is, pretty much after this yr.
14. Lawrence. Wildcard. Sure puts in the work and effort. hopefully, the dev team does not mess him up.
15. Carter George. I've seen some top 20 NHL prospect goalie list and he's not on it?
Let's see George elevate even more. Betting on him to succeed.

I may have missed some....going off top of my head and didn't read a list. Jamsen is intersting, as is Kirsanov!

Sure, no sure fire elite prospects, outside of Clarke, with Greentree some hope to become a legit top 6. Hurts, not having #1 picks 2 yrs and WORSE, not dealing Roy for a #1 !
George is interesting. His numbers weren't outstanding, but still pretty damn good on a relatively bad Owen Sound team in the O. And he went to the U18 and stole the gold from the States for Canada. I expect a big year for him in junior for his D+1

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
George is interesting. His numbers weren't outstanding, but still pretty damn good on a relatively bad Owen Sound team in the O. And he went to the U18 and stole the gold from the States for Canada. I expect a big year for him in junior for his D+1
His numbers don't look outstanding, but look at the save % league wide in the OHL. He was 2nd in the entire OHL last year on a bad team. Goalkeeping just seemed to be pretty weak across the board this past season.

Also look at his GAA and Save % compared to his teammates who both had GAAs above 5.0 and Save %s below .900. In that context, the numbers start to look much better.

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020

Yes. With the Kings lacking top end forward and defensemen prospects, coupled with now having Portillo and Slukynsky in the system, I fully expected them to go F or D at #57 (I was hoping for Stiga to fall and he went 54 or 55, I think) and was pretty shocked they took a goalie. Nothing against George, or if they felt he was BPA.

I searched to find the youtube and the exact times, to see what Yannetti says of George. From 7:55 to 11:00, he talks about George, his attributes, what they saw. It's good. It's all good stuff, but around 10:00 mark, he says he and staff were at a game in which was against Saginaw and ended 4-4 regulation, but George faced apx 27 scoring chances and over 40 shots and he was the only reason it ended 4-4 at regulation. And the same in WJC that the USA game, could have been 6-2, but he was topnotch.

Appreciate your input here!

Last edited:

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Yes. With the Kings lacking top end forward and defensemen prospects, coupled with now having Portillo and Slukynsky in the system, I fully expected them to go F or D at #57 (I was hoping for Stiga to fall and he went 54 or 55, I think) and was pretty shocked they took a goalie. Nothing against George, or if they felt he was BPA.

I searched to find the youtube and the exact times, to see what Yannetti says of George. From 7:55 to 11:00, he talks about George, his attributes, what they saw. It's good. It's all good stuff, but around 10:00 mark, he says he and staff were at a game in which was against Saginaw and ended 4-4 regulation, but George faced apx 27 scoring chances and over 40 shots and he was the only reason it ended 4-4 at regulation. And the same in WJC that the USA game, could have been 6-2, but he was topnotch.

Appreciate your input here!

The later portion of the 2nd round, going into the 3rd round is always an interesting spot of the draft. A lot of the better talent ends up coming off the board (Artamonov, Muggli, Sahlin Wallenius, Stiga all went right before the Kings pick) so I'm guessing that Yannetti and staff weren't as high on Bednarik, Ziemer, Mews, and obviously Misa & Kiviharju who fell even further, so George made some sense to them. I'm guessed they're betting on his SV% to take off with further development and his DY SV% was supressed by a below average Attack team defense.

RayMartyniukTotems

Jul 8, 2022
Yep. He's a longshot for sure. You never know though. They eventually got Prokhorkin to come over.
If Shafigullin does come hopefully the Kings don't pull a Idiot move and convert him to LWing...hasn't worked well for Kaliyev,Grundstrom,Fagemo...Chromiak leave the player at their natural position and not f*** with leftie/leftie,rightie/rightie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad