Rumor: KINGS 2018-19 Season - The Luc and Rob Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
You don't want Kempe if you are looking for center depth. How about Kopitar? We'll sell him cheap.

I bet you would! :laugh:

Hard to say, since he's a fast, cost controlled player with some upside. That's what the Kings are targeting right now.

Yeah, that's what I anticipated for an answer.

I’d be interested in the likes of Tage Thompson, Alex Nylander or Brendan Guhle.

I'd do Nylander.

Kempe is what the Kings need right now. I doubt they move him. What's the price on Risto?

Ristolainen is in beast mode right now. LA would need to trade players they don't want to move.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
4-8-1 at home. 30GF, 47GA.
1-4-1 at home against the West. 12GF, 19GA.
2-2 against the Metro. 12GF, 16GA.
1-2 against the Atlantic. 6GF, 12GA.
0-2 against the Central. 4GF, 10GA.
1-2-1 against the Pacific. 8GF, 9GA.

Worst home record in the league. That 0-5 home playoff record since 2014 seems to be enveloping this season.

14/15, 25-9-7 at home
15/16, 26-12-3
16/17, 23-16-2
17/18, 23-15-3

That's 97-52-15 at home during the regular season the last 4 years. That averages out to 104.5 points per 82 games. That's a pretty decent home team, in the regular season(and as long as they don't play too many Pacific teams). They're currently playing at a 57 point pace at home.

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
This is WHY WD does not like Kovalchuk and plays him 12 minutes. WD was already coaching Team Canada hockey as an AST Coach in 2001. Russia and Kovalchuk beat Team Canada in 2001 and Kovalchuck skated through the ENTIRE Canada Team and scored the winning goal...he then scored an empty netter and before scoring, pumped his fist 2 or 3 times. WD remembers this, obviously. I remember it even....can you imagine if you were part of the coaching staff of Team Canada?

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
My Fave Meltdown Post on lakingsinsider. Props to person that posted it. I actually coughed up what I was drinking and was worth it.

"And while we're getting rid of players, get rid of Bailey, too. I want a crazy, psycho court jester mascot"

Come to think of the whole KINGS thing...there's really not much of anything that states anything about a King...small crown, under a larger LA. The gray and black is not Royalty. Not saying they should go back to purple and gold, but there should be something cool about being a King. And have Purple accents. Some practice jersesys I have seen over the years are better.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
My Fave Meltdown Post on lakingsinsider. Props to person that posted it. I actually coughed up what I was drinking and was worth it.

"And while we're getting rid of players, get rid of Bailey, too. I want a crazy, psycho court jester mascot"

Come to think of the whole KINGS thing...there's really not much of anything that states anything about a King...small crown, under a larger LA. The gray and black is not Royalty. Not saying they should go back to purple and gold, but there should be something cool about being a King. And have Purple accents. Some practice jerseys I have seen over the years are better.
Nah, the Kings should go back to purple if they want to establish a "new look" identity. No other team in the NHL wears purple. When you are walking through an airport and see a game on the TV in a bar if you see purple uniforms, you should know the Kings are playing.

Reactions: Reaper45

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
Watching more NHL Center Ice than ever...to see good hockey and see how they play. Watched the Stl vs Nash game 2 nights ago...man, Schenn looked like the player and center the Kings need. Oh well. No sense revisiting that trade - "it won the 2 cups". I just wish they hadn't included BOTH Schenn and Simmonds. When was the last time, 2 good young forwards were traded for a good veteran? Wish DL would have given something else, but Philly knew DL had mancrush on MR and Philly knew DL would overpay.

Gordie Howe hat trick that game for Schenn. What was more interseting, Ryan O'Reilly (ROR) looked great and was on the half wall on the PP like Kopi is. However, ROR was 10 feet from the boards and about 5 feet lower, closer to bottom of faceoff circle. He could still get pucks off the wall, if cycled back to him and he still controlled that area of ice and actually PRIME area and was 15 feet closer to the goal, then where Kopi plays it. 15 feet closer to actually take shots too. He can even skate in to the goal, if sees an opening! He was making things happen andgot a point from there on a great pass...so you're also closer to making passes that are 10-15 feet shorter to the front or slot. I then watched Kopi last night on the PP. He was basically 2 feet from the boards and about 10 feet higher up than ROR was...the ONLY thing Kopi can do effectively there is pass back to the point! BFD! He is too far from the net to shoot or skate in! He is too far to make a successful pass to the front. If ROR was pressured, from being a littel too close to the goal? PERFECT! Opens a player closer to the goal to pass to and ROR had no problem doing that, or can always do the Kopi thing and give it to the point man.

Can Sturm see this and help???? Just 10 t0 15 feet closer to the goal makes a world of difference...than being almost paralyzed against the boards!

Reactions: DoktorJeep

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Watching more NHL Center Ice than ever...to see good hockey and see how they play. Watched the Stl vs Nash game 2 nights ago...man, Schenn looked like the player and center the Kings need. Oh well. No sense revisiting that trade - "it won the 2 cups". I just wish they hadn't included BOTH Schenn and Simmonds. When was the last time, 2 good young forwards were traded for a good veteran? Wish DL would have given something else, but Philly knew DL had mancrush on MR and Philly knew DL would overpay.

Gordie Howe hat trick that game for Schenn. What was more interseting, Ryan O'Reilly (ROR) looked great and was on the half wall on the PP like Kopi is. However, ROR was 10 feet from the boards and about 5 feet lower, closer to bottom of faceoff circle. He could still get pucks off the wall, if cycled back to him and he still controlled that area of ice and actually PRIME area and was 15 feet closer to the goal, then where Kopi plays it. 15 feet closer to actually take shots too. He can even skate in to the goal, if sees an opening! He was making things happen andgot a point from there on a great pass...so you're also closer to making passes that are 10-15 feet shorter to the front or slot. I then watched Kopi last night on the PP. He was basically 2 feet from the boards and about 10 feet higher up than ROR was...the ONLY thing Kopi can do effectively there is pass back to the point! BFD! He is too far from the net to shoot or skate in! He is too far to make a successful pass to the front. If ROR was pressured, from being a littel too close to the goal? PERFECT! Opens a player closer to the goal to pass to and ROR had no problem doing that, or can always do the Kopi thing and give it to the point man.

Can Sturm see this and help???? Just 10 t0 15 feet closer to the goal makes a world of difference...than being almost paralyzed against the boards!
Kopitar has now played for five coaches in LA, and his ass has been glued to the half wall on the power play ever since he has been here. I don't think the next coach, whoever it is, is going to change that.

yankeeking

Jun 4, 2007
I.E.

Are you really talking about or using the blues as a good example, the blues who are one of the competitors for Hughes , and yes we still won that trade lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad