Waived: Kindl, Shaw & Berra (all cleared, assigned to Springfield)

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
He can't hurt us anymore
It could also be that they're just testing the waters to see if anyone dumb enough wants him.

I'd expect to see him regularly on waivers throughout the season to facilitate call-ups, if everyone is healthy then he's just going to be eating popcorn.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hey Steve and Eric I know you read HF, please send scouts to watch a player before you trade for them instead of using reports that must have been 3 years old, minimum. That said, thank you for making up for your mistake.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Why do people think Shaw will get claimed? I'd say he 100% clears. He's not worth a guaranteed NHL roster spot and he's not very good

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Surprised Shaw waived after the management seemed to like him. Not a fan of him. Who are left ?

Does GR cover Panthers anymore?

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
Don't see any of them getting claimed. Still don't really understand that Berra trade. If the plan was to acquire Reimer in free agency, what was the point in shipping off Grimaldi for nothing? Unless they needed a contingency plan in case Reimer signed elsewhere? Still odd.

EnforceTheLaus

In the Year of Our Hatter
Nov 3, 2013
Re:Kindl. At the time the org knew Mitchell wasn't going to play again and Kampfer was playing through injury, need an insurance plan on the bottom pair. Luckily Matheson was able to fill and Kampfer didn't get too bad.

Berra was there if Lu couldn't make the start.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I wouldn't be surprised if Berra got loaned to Europe or somewhere else in the AHL, there's really no space for him in Springfield.

Don't see any of them getting claimed. Still don't really understand that Berra trade. If the plan was to acquire Reimer in free agency, what was the point in shipping off Grimaldi for nothing? Unless they needed a contingency plan in case Reimer signed elsewhere? Still odd.
It happened because Luongo wasn't expected to ready by the start of the season. Now that Luongo is ready, there's no need for his services.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Re:Kindl. At the time the org knew Mitchell wasn't going to play again and Kampfer was playing through injury, need an insurance plan on the bottom pair. Luckily Matheson was able to fill and Kampfer didn't get too bad.

Olsen was better, 1/3 of the cap hit, and wouldn't have cost a draft pick. Not like it was Kindl vs Regner.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Olsen was better, 1/3 of the cap hit, and wouldn't have cost a draft pick. Not like it was Kindl vs Regner.

Olsen has had so many off the ice issue, you can't really bank on him if you are trying to add depth for the playoffs.

I'm glad Shaw is on waivers. He was just taking a spot and was not bringing anything to the team. Hopefully the AHL helps him out.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
I wouldn't be surprised if Berra got loaned to Europe or somewhere else in the AHL, there's really no space for him in Springfield.

It happened because Luongo wasn't expected to ready by the start of the season. Now that Luongo is ready, there's no need for his services.

Wouldn't say there's no need...Would much rather have Berra as the #3 than McKenna. Anything can happen as we saw two seasons ago...Dan Ellis was our starter and Brittain was the backup lol...

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
Wouldn't say there's no need...Would much rather have Berra as the #3 than McKenna. Anything can happen as we saw two seasons ago...Dan Ellis was our starter and Brittain was the backup lol...
Anything is possible, but finding minutes for everyone is going to be difficult if there's no injuries.

Also European goalies that get sidetracked don't tend to stick around for too long, Berra has probably realised by this point that he isn't going to make the NHL under normal circumstances. He'll be in NLA or KHL come next season, which is why he shouldn't be getting minutes over Brittain who's still developing.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Kind of surprised about Shaw although can't imagine anyone picking him up. I mean the guy just turned 24 and has played 50 games at the nhl level.

Kindl cya!

Boothinator

@MrBoothinator
Sep 19, 2009
Kind of surprised about Shaw although can't imagine anyone picking him up. I mean the guy just turned 24 and has played 50 games at the nhl level.

Kindl cya!

To be honest Shaw wasnt that good...Gallant just liked him for whatever reason

Well about Kindl. Finally gone. He really sucked ass

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013
There was some talk last year how he was a later bloomer, thought they would give him another look. He brought energy but that's about it.

I thought he looked decent in the playoffs but that was about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad