KHL Trades, Rumors and Free Agent Talk Part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Datsyuk is about to go to ska, Prokhorkin has accepted qualifying offer from SKA, Znarok is going to coach ska and retain the NT coach position trying to lure Telegin to SKA as well.....makes me wanna puke.
Yeah. It's a joke.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Plotnikov to SKA for Kadeykin and Kozun. For once this looks like a legit hockey trade, no wonder a legit hockey club - Loko - is involved.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Sergei Yemelin gets a try-out with Kuznya.

There's a guy that never developed.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is Radulov out of his mind or just trolling NHL? He refuses one-year contracts and asks for at least two with $7.5M per year. Haha.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
It's the beginning of June, he has plenty of time to decide, for now he can ask for whatever he wants. I can see a desperate team giving him 6.5 mil for a year or two and naturally to get that you need to make your asking price bigger. NHL is the league where David Krejci gets payed 7.25kk p/y long term, Ryan O'Reilly 7.5kk, Jordan Staal 6kk, Foligno and Dubinsky get 5.5 and 5.75, Eberle and RNH get 6, entire Wild "veteran core" has ridiculous cap hits, etc.. In this company, why shouldn't Radulov ask for 7.5 per since he is not asking for term at all?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Is Radulov out of his mind or just trolling NHL? He refuses one-year contracts and asks for at least two with $7.5M per year. Haha.

I hope he is not just trolling, because I want to see him prove himself a star in the NHL, preferably as a Red Wing.
Dreger reported he received a 1 year 4 mill offer from Detroit, which is probably a bit low but Radulov camp is obviously overshooting with the 7.5mill. Realistically it ends up somewhere in between, I would think 5 mill with some performance bonuses on a one year term, less if on a 2 year term. The fact that the 2 sides are still working a deal after being reportedly this far apart indicates they are both ball barking at the moment.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Unless the canadiens signed by CSKA can produce, we are in not a contender.

Something is telling me Radulov may still be back, though.

I agree, the whole thing seems fishy - his demands so far are unrealistic and every NHL exec/analyst who has commented on the scenario agrees. In the KHL teams will be on their knees to get him, I don't think he understands that its going to be the other way around in the NHL. If he was serious about an NHL return he would take the 4.5/5m 1 yr deal from Detroit and say thank you very much, prove himself worthy of a multi year extension. That's what a guy who says he is more mature than he was in the past needs to do.

All that aside, why are they trying to sign Makarov? Makarov complains there is no chance for him in Buffalo, what does he expect going to CSKA?

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Rubstov who was likely going to make the Vityaz roster is telling NHL teams he is going to break his 2 year contract to go to the CHL. :shakehead

I don't understand why guys even care any more. Think of it this way, the further you drop, the better the team that you get picked up by. Even if he says he was signed for 4 years to the KHL I don't think there is any team that lets him slip out of the 1st round.

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
Niko Kapanen signs with HPK, ending an 8 year career in the KHL

2 time Gagarin Cup champion.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
I agree, the whole thing seems fishy - his demands so far are unrealistic and every NHL exec/analyst who has commented on the scenario agrees. In the KHL teams will be on their knees to get him, I don't think he understands that its going to be the other way around in the NHL. If he was serious about an NHL return he would take the 4.5/5m 1 yr deal from Detroit and say thank you very much, prove himself worthy of a multi year extension. That's what a guy who says he is more mature than he was in the past needs to do.

All that aside, why are they trying to sign Makarov? Makarov complains there is no chance for him in Buffalo, what does he expect going to CSKA?

This makes sense, Fasth out the door, Makarov is the backup - extra foreigner spot is freed

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

A big problem with the Rads news is that none of the NA media have sources in Radulov's camp or the Avs camp. The one potential Avs insider...who's sources' quality will be proven this offseason...though, has said that he's 95% certain that Radulov will be an Av.

The hold up seems to be that the club is waiting to hear what the exact expansion rules will be next year, and what the cap will be...since they still need to re-sign MacKinnon, Barrie, Grigorenko, and Pickard this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad