TBN: KeyBank Center upgrades

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Just be careful when raising and lowering that thing, OK?

GqXqLB7.jpg

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

It's like the organization is just trying to deliberately troll the fans at this point:

"Hey, we are in the midst of the worst run of failure in hockey history and failed miserably to improve the roster this offseason and nobody has us making the playoffs but we fixed the roof of our shithole arena and got a video board every other organization has had for years!"

Name any other organization that would build it's marketing around fixing a roof and adding a modern video board?

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
I am guessing that this will cost way less than say actually spending close to the salary cap like almost every other team that is serious about making the playoffs in 2024-25.

:dunno:
KeyBank Center is as run down and outdated compared to every other NHL venue as the Nassau Coliseum was to it's contemporaries by the mid-late 90's and it amazes me that people can't comprehend this.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
KeyBank Center is as run down and outdated compared to every other NHL venue as the Nassau Coliseum was to it's contemporaries by the mid-late 90's and it amazes me that people can't comprehend this.
I get the feeling people do see KBC as old, run down, and outdated.

But I think people also look at it as getting a new stadium and keeping the Bills around long time was the priority. And once the stadium is finished, and the massive cash outlay for it is covered by PSLs, then it will be time for the arena to get addressed.

That plan fits into the "effective, economic, and efficient" model.

Reactions: Dingo44

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019

But I think people also look at it as getting a new stadium and keeping the Bills around long time was the priority. And once the stadium is finished, and the massive cash outlay for it is covered by PSLs, then it will be time for the arena to get addressed.

Also not super easy to build a stadium and arena simultaneously as your wife's/ sports business partners health is randomly stripped from you. Terry now has to navigate all of that solo while dealing with her medical issues and spending to the cap on the Bills almost every year. I despise missing the playoffs as much as anybody but to say Terry is cheap isn't fair.

Reactions: Ehran

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
where are the TeRrY has a bUdGeT, he won't SpENd mONeY folks ?
This is not expensive lol. KeyBank needs some serious heavy lifting to be updated. Sight lines are amazing but everything else is dog shit.

Hope all the talk about tackling a bunch of different things over the next couple offseason are true. For my friends and family who go to the games.

Reactions: sabremike

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

PAL sales are reportedly not going as well as they had hoped. Granted, it has been mostly the high end seats that they have been trying to sell PSLs for, but they seem to have overestimated the market.

Reactions: Ehran and sabremike

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
PAL sales are reportedly not going as well as they had hoped. Granted, it has been mostly the high end seats that they have been trying to sell PSLs for, but they seem to have overestimated the market.
If I took a time machine back to 1994 and told people that in 2024 you would be able to call both the Jets AND Giants and become a STH without spending years on a wait list they would've thought I was either insane or on acid. But that's exactly what the PSL scam accomplished.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad