Kevyn Adams GM thread

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I want to know if GMKA forced Appert on Lindy

I want to know if GMKA signed off on the Europe trip or it was the owner/family

I want to know the exact reason we have 6.7M in cap space (per sportrac)

I want to know why GMKA signed a 1M 3rd goalie and lost him for nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: joshjull and Fjordy

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY

It’s because our top 6 has three kids still on their ELCs in it. Which is very unusual, especially for a team trying to make the playoffs. All it would take is one good vet top 6 winger brought in and that cap space would be mostly gone.

To put into focus how inexpensive our top 6 is…….. Our 3rd line has a combined cap hit of 10.1mil. Thats more than all 4 (Quinn/Peterka/Benson/Tuch) of our top 6 wingers combined (7.4mil). Its even more than the total cap hit of all 6 players that have played top 6 winger so far (add in Krebs/Kulich and its up to 9.74mil cap hit).

We spent money on our bottom six. We spent money on our defense. It’s probably one of the more expensive d-corps. But we didn’t spend money on our top 6.

I don’t think it has anything to do with being cheap. I think it has everything to do with Adams obsession with his own guys. Everybody who is in the top six or played in it was either given big extensions by him, drafted by him or traded for by him.

Last edited:
Reactions: ValJamesDuex

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
I've said it before, but Adams is going to do something amazingly stupid in a vain attempt to save his job.
His job is totally safe. In fact, it’s been reported based on inside sources that they’re already making plans for him to be president and for Karmanos to be the GM.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything

You aren't going to get any answers here.

My guesses though:

1. Yes. In fact it's odd that Lindy didn't get to pick any of his assistants.
2. I would say that was likely an ownership decisions. Teams are typically well compensated for being involved in these trips (they are cut a check for a sell out, at a bare minimum)
3. There are two possible answers: It's either incompetence by management or cheapness by ownership. If Adams is correct in saying ownership gives them every resource, then its incompetence. It's even worse when you consider they are burning 5M on Zucker. That's over 10M they could have used to actually make the team better.
4. I think they thought Reimer would sneak through waivers.

Overall, we aren't at a sample size to be anything but 'concerned' yet. I'm not sure there is a ton that can be done to right the ship at this point. Just have to trust the coaching staff to find the right levers (if they are there).

OkimLom

May 3, 2010

Lindy was a hire to further Adams vision and timeline of the future of the organization. He wasn't hired to change or do anything different. This is still Adams project. We are acting like the environment and structure of the Sabres organization should be looked at as your normal hockey team. It's not. Adams hired Lindy because Lindy wouldn't have any desire to deal with anything more than the stuff behind the bench and out of respect to Adams and what he did for Lindy while his time here, he wouldn't stray or push too far from anything that Adams needed to do.

Lindy gave Adams the best option to continue down the path/vision that he's too stubbornly unable to venture away from. Lindy having ANY sort of power in the organization, doesn't mesh with how everything has happened, and shows much more as a stopgap more than anything else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad