Speculation: Kevin Labanc

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Crazy he gave the sharks that team friendly deal after his one good season, poor kid.

Seemed like a handshake deal to stay under the cap, Sharks gave him a big extension after that. Ie, instead of a 5 year, 19.9 million dollar contract (3.98 mil AAV), it was a 1 year deal x 1 mil followed by a 4 year deal at 18.9 million (4.725 mil).

I would have felt bad for him if the GM had been fired after the first year and the new GM didn't honor the presumed extension. But Labanc was seemingly made whole with the subsequent contract, so I don't think he necessarily lost a big chunk of money.

Son of Petter

Who wants to walk with Elias?
Jun 5, 2013
Kanata
Seemed like a handshake deal to stay under the cap, Sharks gave him a big extension after that. Ie, instead of a 5 year, 19.9 million dollar contract (3.98 mil AAV), it was a 1 year deal x 1 mil followed by a 4 year deal at 18.9 million (4.725 mil).

I would have felt bad for him if the GM had been fired after the first year and the new GM didn't honor the presumed extension. But Labanc was seemingly made whole with the subsequent contract, so I don't think he necessarily lost a big chunk of money.
Oh that’s right! I totally forgot he signed the other deal the next year. NM!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad