Prospect Info: Kevin Korchinski, 7th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

statswatcher

the smartest guy in athens knows he's dumb
Jul 27, 2022
I don’t even care about the typos. I start to read the vast majority of the posts but when it’s obsessively negative and repetitive I move on. I find myself moving on a lot.
the typos are the surface level puzzle that you solve, and every once in a while you are rewarded with as close to direct access to the inner monologue of the guy in town who rides around on the bus all day as you are ever likely to get.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
May be sacrilege to say, but I could see him being moved for a big ticket forward IF the other defensive prospects continue to trend nicely. Left side is pretty full since Kaiser and Allan are on the team with Vlasic this year and EDM down in Rockford as well.
I've brought that up in the past as a possibility.

At a certain point you do have to start dealing from a position of strength in order shore up elsewhere.

Probably at least a couple more years before Kyle starts to look at that.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I just think Rinzel is probably our PP guy so I'm just not sure where he fits for me. I also just think he's way too timid on the ice and I personally wonder if he'll ever get there.

He's 20. So much time. But just what I've seen.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I just think Rinzel is probably our PP guy so I'm just not sure where he fits for me. I also just think he's way too timid on the ice and I personally wonder if he'll ever get there.

He's 20. So much time. But just what I've seen.
Yeah I don't think Korchinski is the future PPQB.

Kaiser, Allan, and EDM all still have to prove themselves too.

But it's true that Korchinski doesn't play that bottom pairing shutdown style. And Vlasic has very clearly won the top pairing role on the left side.

So Korchinski is fighting for the 2nd pairing spot. Which he still could get. Allan and EDM strike me more as bottom pairing guys. Kaiser... I don't really know what he is yet. He might be Korchinski's most direct competition.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yeah I don't think Korchinski is the future PPQB.

Kaiser, Allan, and EDM all still have to prove themselves too.

But it's true that Korchinski doesn't play that bottom pairing shutdown style. And Vlasic has very clearly won the top pairing role on the left side.

So Korchinski is fighting for the 2nd pairing spot. Which he still could get. Allan and EDM strike me more as bottom pairing guys. Kaiser... I don't really know what he is yet. He might be Korchinski's most direct competition.
I'm not sure about Allan, EDM and Kaiser being bottom pair guys. In fact I think KK may end up on the trading block before too long but it is way to early to speculate. All of these young guys have some growing to do experience wise.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
If it's not Korchinski, ima go out on a limb and say Hawks will give Levshunov every opportunity to be that guy. You don't invest a top 2 pick on a guy who won't be the top dog in every situation which I believe they envision him as.

But I think this will all be moot and Korchinski will come out better for it. I think Kyle trades a guy like EDM for help long before Korch.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
You guys fixate on the who, what, and where way too much. Let it materialize a little first.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad