Value of: Kevin Hayes in a player-for-player swap

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I want to preface this by saying that i don't think this is the right way to go when dealing Hayes. I think retaining up to half and maximizing draft pick value in this deal would be the right thing to do for a team in the position that the Flyers are in. But i can't help but feel like if this brainlet of a GM pulls the trigger on a deal involving Hayes at the deadline, it would be a Voracek-for-Atkinson type thing. A swap of two players that need a chance of scenery, both of whom have considerable term on their contracts. Anyone out there that fits the bill? Again, this isn't something i'm necessarily hoping for, just bracing for a more likely scenario.

ponder719

The same New Era as before
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I feel like you need a team that is either fooling itself into thinking it's got a better shot at a cup than it does, or knows it's grasping at straws, but has resigned itself to that grasping attempt at relevance, and is prepared to suffer for however long it needs to afterwards.

The Flyers, meanwhile, do a fair bit of trading in nostalgia, even when they're not really getting anything out of it, and are happy to play to the Authentic Fan who last gave a damn about the team in and around 2010.

I hate that I'm proposing this, but:

To Pittsburgh:
Kevin Hayes (50% retained)

To Philadelphia:
Jeff Carter
some measure of picks/prospects

(Working here under the assumption that the REAL Philly nostalgia play, Hayes for Carter and Kasperi Kapanen, is less likely to happen even than this.)

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I feel like you need a team that is either fooling itself into thinking it's got a better shot at a cup than it does, or knows it's grasping at straws, but has resigned itself to that grasping attempt at relevance, and is prepared to suffer for however long it needs to afterwards.

The Flyers, meanwhile, do a fair bit of trading in nostalgia, even when they're not really getting anything out of it, and are happy to play to the Authentic Fan who last gave a damn about the team in and around 2010.

To Pittsburgh:

To Philadelphia:
Jeff Carter
You sure you're a Flyers fan?

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014

To Pittsburgh:

To Philadelphia:
Jeff Carter

(Working here under the assumption that the REAL Philly nostalgia play, Hayes for Carter and Kasperi Kapanen, is less likely to happen even than this.)
not quite what i was envisioning but Hayes (@ 50%) for Carter + a 23 or 24 y/o putting up good numbers in the AHL that hasn't cracked consistent NHL minutes yet + a 3rd or 4th... that definitely feels like a Cuck Fletcher special. :laugh:

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014

To Pittsburgh:

To Philadelphia:
Jeff Carter

Hopefully that some measure portion includes Mike Richard’s

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
not quite what i was envisioning but Hayes (@ 50%) for Carter + a 23 or 24 y/o putting up good numbers in the AHL that hasn't cracked consistent NHL minutes yet + a 3rd or 4th... that definitely feels like a Cuck Fletcher special. :laugh:
just went to the Pens' Elite Prospects page and, yep, sure enough, Alex Nylander would fit the bill here.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Having a good season but this will be only the 2nd time hes hit 50 points. At a 7.1mil cap hit for another couple years.

Don't see teams paying much if anything without retention.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Hayes at 6
For
Roslovic

*** or retain more and pickup Bemstrom/Foudy too

CBJ get a C stopgap while their young players develop, as well as another veteran in the lineup. Roslovic has a chance to play top 6 and find success under Torts again.

Last edited:

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
Hayes at 6-6.5
For
Roslovic

CBJ get a C stopgap while their young players develop, as well as another veteran in the lineup. Roslovic has a chance to play top 6 and find success under Torts again.
i could honestly see Torts pushing for a trade like this.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
OEL is your man.

One extra year on OEL, I'm sure they could work out compensation for that depending on the extra money/cap required to buyout or whatever.

Probably would have to trade Provorov first.

tictactoe

Jan 15, 2017
OEL is your man.

One extra year on OEL, I'm sure they could work out compensation for that depending on the extra money/cap required to buyout or whatever.

Probably would have to trade Provorov first.
Flyers do not need OEL not for Hayes anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad