Value of: Kevin Fiala

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Wondering what his value is. He shows stretches of being one of the most talented players in the league, followed by boneheaded giveaways and penalties. I don’t think he meshes particularly well with this uncreative Kings team though, would anyone be interested in him? If so, what for?

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
Would love him back in the wild , man he and Boldy were magic. At his current cap hit I’m not sure I’d pay much though. Maybe a 2nd and good prospect.

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Would love him back in the wild , man he and Boldy were magic. At his current cap hit I’m not sure I’d pay much though. Maybe a 2nd and good prospect.
How good of a prospect? I think his value is lower than it was when he was traded to LA, but it would suck to seem go back to Minnesota emotionally. Trading Faber+ for a second and a prospect is rough

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
How good of a prospect? I think his value is lower than it was when he was traded to LA, but it would suck to seem go back to Minnesota emotionally. Trading Faber+ for a second and a prospect is rough
LAbhas definitely had a rough go recently with Dubois and Fiala

BuiumSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
He falls out of favor with the team he’s on every 3 or 4 years. He’s one of the most skilled players in the league but his play style wears on coaches.

Reactions: rynryn

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Wondering what his value is. He shows stretches of being one of the most talented players in the league, followed by boneheaded giveaways and penalties. I don’t think he meshes particularly well with this uncreative Kings team though, would anyone be interested in him? If so, what for?
What are you looking for?

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Getting that sweet return in the trade really helped with my closure on Fiala. He is an dynamic player that is a treat to watch when he is on his game. He was also an endlessly frustrating player to watch, even sometimes when he was on his game. I do wish he was having better success in LA. Sadly consistency was never his calling card.

We got him at bargain value from Nashville. He played an exciting style of hockey, which Minnesota and the fans were solely missing. They got great value for him on his way out. Kevin Fiala has been very good to the Wild organization, but his time here is done. Besides we got some wing prospects that I think will be taking roster spots quite soon. If GM BillyG doesn't make more roster moves to block them.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
He falls out of favor with the team he’s on every 3 or 4 years. He’s one of the most skilled players in the league but his play style wears on coaches.
Wild fans tend to blame everything on the coaches if a player they've adopted struggles. only to be proven wrong as said player continues to struggle wherever they go. Surely things would be different now under a new coach! no.
dude is an absolute weapon but i said it while he was here--he has got to be super frustrating to work with and plan around and eventually that's more disruptive than what he's worth.

Reactions: Circulartheory

bland

Jul 1, 2004
He was openly criticized by Doughty for playing for himself and has a long earned reputation for being unable to play with talented linemates at even strength - essentially going into business for himself regardless of time or score. He can't play off of the puck at all.

So yesterday Cousins calls him a selfish player and he immediately responds - with a selfish penalty.

I have hated this deal since the moment it was announced, and would welcome any reasonable return in trade. He is a potato chip player, empty calories, empty points. You just can't win with him.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
He was openly criticized by Doughty for playing for himself and has a long earned reputation for being unable to play with talented linemates at even strength - essentially going into business for himself regardless of time or score. He can't play off of the puck at all.

So yesterday Cousins calls him a selfish player and he immediately responds - with a selfish penalty.

I have hated this deal since the moment it was announced, and would welcome any reasonable return in trade. He is a potato chip player, empty calories, empty points. You just can't win with him.
Nick Cousins? Who gives a shit about what he thinks. Fiala is a legit first line talent. Just because he isn't Kucherov doesn't mean he doesn't have value.

I would take him back in a second on MN, but Guerin prefers gritty guys who can't score. Odd thing is that Fiala is gritty, in his own way. Makes some bad giveaways, but that's what you get with many creative, offensive players.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Nick Cousins? Who gives a shit about what he thinks. Fiala is a legit first line talent. Just because he isn't Kucherov doesn't mean he doesn't have value.

I would take him back in a second on MN, but Guerin prefers gritty guys who can't score. Odd thing is that Fiala is gritty, in his own way. Makes some bad giveaways, but that's what you get with many creative, offensive players.
First line talent, 10cent head. There’s a reason why he always finds himself on an island anywhere but the first line. Because every coach he’s had at this level cannot trust him on the ice with players who matter and rather him play the game on his own against lesser competition.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland

Everyone likes potato chips tho…

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Fiala cares considering he took a very stupid penalty after Cousins was caught on a hot mic calling Fiala a selfish player. Fiala immediately proved Cousins’s point.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Just out of curiosity, what is a "reasonable return" for the player you're describing here?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad