Kessel Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Sure never expecrted that Canada would be able to completely take Kessel out of the game tonight like they did, big ups to Parent and Staal for the game they played....huge part of the Can win tonight.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Refs swalloewed their whistles and canadian defense literally wrestled down Kessel every time he had the puck. It was kind of ugly hockey seeing Parent grabbing Kessel and slow him down, I thought hockey wanted to get away from that, it allows non-skilled players to compete with skilled.

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
OMG Kessel got shut down!

One man team one man team no class tries to do it all himself like Ovechkin last WJC! BUSt0rz!

(not flaming anybody in this thread at the moment; this is what I expect to happen)

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Siberian said:
Refs swalloewed their whistles and canadian defense literally wrestled down Kessel every time he had the puck. It was kind of ugly hockey seeing Parent grabbing Kessel and slow him down, I thought hockey wanted to get away from that, it allows non-skilled players to compete with skilled.

Hillarious post. Kessel was shut down man on man, not by grabbing him and slowing him down, Parent played the puck like every Dman is taught to instead of the body which so many get compelled to play.

Parent was a monster. Kessel was quiet, dont make excuses plz.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Mr Bugg said:
OMG Kessel got shut down!

One man team one man team no class tries to do it all himself like Ovechkin last WJC! BUSt0rz!

(not flaming anybody in this thread at the moment; this is what I expect to happen)

Well by starting it you def do help out, good job :clap:

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
This was typical clutch and grab hockey which NHL is getting rid off. I hope the refs do not allow Canada do that with other teams.

Misos Milakos*

Siberian said:

You should find another sport. If you have a problem with how Kessel was handled, then you have a problem with the game of hockey, that was beautiful hockey, defence played how it is meant to be played. I guess you have never played defence in your life, and if you did you must have made a pretty good pylon. Parent did a text book job on Kessel.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Siberian said:
This was typical clutch and grab hockey which NHL is getting rid off. I hope the refs do not allow Canada do that with other teams.

Go away. :sarcasm:

That One on one move Phil Kessel tried on Parent, and then Parent making that awesome defensive play made me laugh, seriously. Parent is a steal for Nashville. Their defense will be the best in the league in the near future. Timonen, Hamhuis, Sutter, Markov, Parent...WOW!

Misos Milakos*

MaDdY said:

That One on one move Phil Kessel tried on Parent, and then Parent making that awesome defensive play made me laugh, seriously. Parent is a steal for Nashville. Their defense will be the best in the league in the near future. Timonen, Hamhuis, Sutter, Markov, Parent...WOW!

Weber isn't too bad himself.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
MaDdY said:

I am sorry to burst your bubble but I guess you havent been watching NHL this year. If parent plays like that for Nashville you ll be giving a lot of PP opportunities to your opponents.

Daily Special

Oct 4, 2005
San Francisco
MaDdY said:

Not exactly the Johnson's or Lee but hey! -- Second best will have to do.

Siberian

Dec 4, 2003
Saint Pierre
Why such intolerance? I personnally thought that such hockey sucks, so what is wrong with that? You like this hockey? Why wouldn't you? If this gives you the result! So let's respect opinions.

Misos Milakos*

Siberian said:
I am sorry to burst your bubble but I guess you havent been watching NHL this year. If parent plays like that for Nashville you ll be giving a lot of PP opportunities to your opponents.

So when are going to come out with that book on how to perfect the art of pylon defence anyways?

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Siberian said:

are you insane? there was no hooking, holding, it was a clean move, a phenomenal move on a real good player with a ton of skill and speed. Kessel has amazing speed and Parent played unbelievable position on him all night long.

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
Siberian said:
Why such intolerance? I personnally thought that such hockey sucks, so what is wrong with that? You like this hockey? Why wouldn't you? If this gives you the result! So let's respect opinions.

I believe you are the only person on this board currently, either canadian or american or otherwise that didnt feel that was a great game of hockey, and likely the best reffed one thus far. at least the best reffed one canada has been in for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad