Proposal: Kessel for Monahan

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
Kessel to Calgary for Monahan.

Arizona gets a solid young-ish C who can hold a top-6 spot while helping Arizona reach the cap floor. Kessel is a rental top-6 RW from Calgary. Cap is somewhat close.

Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk
Mangiapane-Backlund/Dube-Kessel
Coleman-Dube/Backlund-Pitlick
Lucic Lewis Richardson

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
You say Kessel is a rental and your proposal is to trade him for a guy who will be a rental next year? I don't see how this benefits Arizona at all. When Arizona trades Kessel it's likely to be for a young roster player or futures.

No real sense in them trading for someone who they just have to trade for futures next year.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
I'd do it and I hate Kessel. He wouldn't fit on our team at all in terms of style of play. He frees up that money next year though.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Jagr->Neal->Kessel

The look for veteran discount RW in Calgary continues.

Honestly I don't see how Arizona says no to that, and would think they could flip Monahan pretty easily if they wish. If I am Calgary and Kessel is the target why not try and deal futures for him with retention?

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Even though Mony isn't playing well Sutter would likely kill this trade.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Even though Mony isn't playing well Sutter would likely kill this trade.

Did Sutter kill the Gaborik deal to LA?

Despite popular belief Sutter works pretty well with so called 1 dimensional players. Oh he also does well with getting youth into the lineup.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
I’d to this easily. Kessel is a pending ufa and we dump one of the 2 contracts in the bottom 6 we need to get rid of.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Kessel would be an excellent depth scoring option for Calgary. They should do this in a heart beat.

Gaudreau - Lindholm - Tkachuk
Mangiapane - Dube - Kessel
Coleman - Backlund - Pitlick

That's a pretty solid top 9

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
Jagr->Neal->Kessel

The look for veteran discount RW in Calgary continues.

Honestly I don't see how Arizona says no to that, and would think they could flip Monahan pretty easily if they wish. If I am Calgary and Kessel is the target why not try and deal futures for him with retention?
Calgary trades Monahan 1st, and then the 'Yotes will decide if it's enough.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Kessel should fetch Arizona some futures whether that be picks or prospects shouldn’t matter.

Arizona trading Kessel for Monahan is a lateral move, can’t see why Arizona would even waste their time unless the Flames add picks or prospects.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Wow, what happened to Monahans value. I came here for the bloodbath and found out Arizona doesn’t even want the trade. Geez up really is down these days.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Wow, what happened to Monahans value. I came here for the bloodbath and found out Arizona doesn’t even want the trade. Geez up really is down these days.
Monahan has been injured for the past couple of seasons and has had surgery both summers and his stock value has plummeted. He had hip surgery this past summer, missed training camp completely while he was recovering, and has been slow to regain his form. Never the swiftest skaters for a while it looked like the surgery caused him to be even slower... although lately he seems to be skating better and after having a slow start where he had zero points in the first five games he's scored 9 in the last fourteen.
He's also now centering the 3rd line with Dube on one wing and dead weight Tyler Pitlick (2 pts in 16 games) on the other.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
A couple of seasons ago Flames fans laughed at Horvat for Monahan proposals. Now they want to trade him for Phil Kessel?
Yeah and a couple year ago, Elias Petersson was going to be the next superstar…so?

Reactions: TML1990

CraigsList

RIP #13
Apr 22, 2014
USA
A couple of seasons ago Flames fans laughed at Horvat for Monahan proposals. Now they want to trade him for Phil Kessel?
A couple of seasons ago Monahan’s value was much higher than it was right now. His value is low because of injuries plaguing his career.

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Lol. You really want to start the "a couple of years ago game"?

The canucks supposedly finished one of best and fastest rebuilds in history. The Flames had no choice but to tear it all down or never get anywhere.

Things change.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary

You realize that there is a wide range of opinions from every fanbase on every topic, no?

Hint: this Flames fan has always been on board with Horvat for Monahan.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
The Coyotes would probably prefer to just get futures for Kessel, rather than a year and a half of Monahan while they don't plan on competing during that time. Arizona might be on Monahan's 10 team NTC anyways. The NTC would make it harder for them to flip Monahan.

Ainsy01

Jun 12, 2014
a couple of seasons is a lifetime in the NHL. Look at his numbers since 2018-19

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad