Ken Holland rumored to join Utah front office

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Last I checked this rumor is not about a GM role. His team went to the Cup final last year even if it was.

I don't think his role in the NHL anymore is as a GM. I think as a hockey advisor at a senior level he offers a lot. He is also responsible for a lot of on ice changes over his tenure so keeping him involved on a team to league level discussions provides value to the hockey community. For the life me I will never figure out how a fan-base that has four cups and a quarter century of greatness with Holland in a significant role seems to have it in for that person. It makes Philly fans pelting Santa look classy.

You keep focusing on things like "his team made the Cup finals" and not the actual moves he's made, which were a few ok ones, a few terrible ones, the rest mediocre at best.

Holy hyperbole. I don't have it in for Holland. I'm just realistic about the GM he's been the last 10+ years and frustrated by the deep hole he left Detroit in.

Dan Cleary was great for the Wings for 6 or 7 seasons. I loved the player he was then. That doesn't mean at the end of his career I ignored how much his play had fallen off and wanted him to keep playing just because once he was so good for the Wings.

Holland could be helpful in advisory role where he doesn't actually have his hands on the steering wheel. Because grandpa is too old to be driving these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad