Keeper selection opinions...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zeidwinder

Sep 24, 2024
Deadline to pick 0-4 keepers for a league is 12 hours away (3:00am EDT) and I'm still a bit undecided.

Presently I have selected:

Zach Werenski (24th round) (1/2)
Stuart Skinner (16th round) (1/2)
Carter Verhaeghe (15th round) (2/2)
Noah Dobson (9th round) (1/2)

Attached is my drafted players from last year (minus any I dropped). Keepers work in that you can keep players a maximum of 2 years (Verhaeghe, Stutzle, Suzuki & Heiskanen were 1st time keepers last season) and you lose your draft pick 2 rounds higher.

Just curious if I should switch any of the four I mentioned for someone else?

Tracked categories:
G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG
W, GAA, SV%, SHO

H2H, 12 teams

Cx2
LWx2
RWx2
Dx4
Wx1
Fx1
UTx2
Gx1

Appreciate any advice or opinions.

Attachments

• Picsart_24-09-24_15-12-06-776.png
    Picsart_24-09-24_15-12-06-776.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Shesterkin
Dobson
Connor
Pastrnak

Would be my choices given your situation.

I'm picking shooters on good teams for goals and shots and points.

Shesterkin is way better than Skinner even though Skinner is on a good team he had a long year last year with his playoff run.

Zeidwinder

Sep 24, 2024
Shesterkin
Dobson
Connor
Pastrnak

Would be my choices given your situation.

I'm picking shooters on good teams for goals and shots and points.

Shesterkin is way better than Skinner even though Skinner is on a good team he had a long year last year with his playoff run.
Shesterkin and Pasternak can't be kept.

As noted, a keeper means you lose a pick 2 rounds higher than they were drafted.

So players in the first two rounds are ineligible.

The round I put next to the 4 players I made note of are the draft round they would be for me this year. So Dobson would be round 9 and Skinner, while not as good as Shesterkin of course, would be round 16. Werenski in the 24th round is a steal as as that is in the 230-240 pick range.

Basically I'm just trying to see if others agree with going with a goalie and a couple of the decent offensive D men is wise given where they will be in the draft rounds?

I know that Suzuki can get me more points, but is that worth more than Werenski or Dobson in the 24th and 9th rounds respectively?

Verhaeghe is also lower in the draft and this would be the last year I can keep him.

Oh and GO LEAFS GO! Hoping we can make it past the second round this year. Though I'm one of those in the minority that is concerned with us getting rid of Samsonov. I was so annoyed by those were crapping on Sammy when he had a brutal start to the season, but then when he carried the team and was on fire for that long stretch none of those fans admitted they were wrong. I'm still not fully sold on Woll yet. The sample size last year was far too small, but hopefully he can do what he did in those couple of playoff games.

I also apologize that I was quite brief on the keeper rules.

Last edited:

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Ahh ok then

Stutzle 1 yr
Heiskanen 1 yr
Dobson 0 yrs
Skinner 0 yrs

Looks like your league will have good forwards to choose from. Elite D maybe scarce.

Zeidwinder

Sep 24, 2024
Ahh ok then

Stutzle 1 yr
Heiskanen 1 yr
Dobson 0 yrs
Skinner 0 yrs

Looks like your league will have good forwards to choose from. Elite D maybe scarce.

So you don't feel Verhaeghe later in the draft is better than Stutzle (based on round I mean)? Same with Werenski vs Heiskanen?

I know Heiskanen is better than Werenski in round 24 vs Heiskanen in round 7 is big.

Heiskanen would be a second time keeper, as would Stutzle.

Weighing the draft round is just as vital. I suppose I'm also seeking assurance that my focusing on the draft round is smart, heh.

A1LeafNation

Oct 17, 2010
Take Suzuki instead of Stutzle

Comparable centers this year but he's lower in the draft.

Keep Heisk bc Columbus will be ass still.

Reactions: Zeidwinder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad