Confirmed with Link: Keefe hired by Jersey as Head Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Good luck Sheldon, I’m sure MLSE ownership are happy they’re off the hook for paying the extension that should have never been inked……..
Why should he have never been signed if they got out of it?

Treliving came in too late to make the switch last year even if he wanted to. Keefe was a lame duck coach and that's not what they wanted. So they extended him and were prepared to eat the salary if they fired him. They probably also knew he would get a job quickly if they did let him go.

It seems to have worked out

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Why should he have never been signed if they got out of it?

Treliving came in too late to make the switch last year even if he wanted to. Keefe was a lame duck coach and that's not what they wanted. So they extended him and were prepared to eat the salary if they fired him. They probably also knew he would get a job quickly if they did let him go.

It seems to have worked out
Same reason they shouldn’t have extended Nylander mid season, to motivate them to perform. Do you know how much you feed a horse so he works all day? Just enough so he know’s he’s hungry……..

Reactions: ToneDog

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Treliving came in too late to make the switch last year even if he wanted to. Keefe was a lame duck coach and that's not what they wanted. So they extended him and were prepared to eat the salary if they fired him.
Exactly.

Our lack of success was mostly Dubas and his poor construction. No coach could get this failed rebuild over the hump. TIME FOR A REBOOT.

Dubas “can and he will “ afford him…….even if he has to gut the rest of the team. It’s his thing
:biglaugh:

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Looks like I’ll be watching some NJ regular season hockey. Maybe more if they run this back.
If I’m boycotting the Leafs I’m choosing a better option than the Devils to follow, although the last year of Dubas I didn’t watch any hockey period……..

Reactions: Trapper

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Good for him. He wasn't a bad coach and he kept his head up in public. He should have been more vocal early on but he had to come in to basically be a Big Brother to some of the players who were shellshocked from the demands of Babcock,.

Never had a number one goalie and had some of the most coddled and uninspired stars in the NHL. Devils are a fast team with many holes, but Keefe is in the right place I suppose.

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Same reason they shouldn’t have extended Nylander mid season, to motivate them to perform. Do you know how much you feed a horse so he works all day? Just enough so he know’s he’s hungry……..
You think our lack of goals in the playoffs came from Keefe not being hungry enough?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Was pretty clear he'd get scooped up quick. Seems like a good spot for him. I wish him well (against everybody but the Leafs).

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If I’m boycotting the Leafs I’m choosing a better option than the Devils to follow, although the last year of Dubas I didn’t watch any hockey period……..
Looks like I’ll have to buy NHL 25, trade everyone and win the Cup by myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad