Prospect Info: Karl Henriksson, C, 2nd round, 58th overall, 2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Trying to figure this out. Didn't play in the AHL playoffs for Hartford.and according to the Hockey News he signed a three-year contract in Sweden yet received a qualifying offer.

Is that just a paperwork thing?

I believe this allows us to retain his rights if he does want to return to the NHL, so yeah, mainly just a paperwork thing. He'll probably finish his career out in Europe

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Didn't play in the AHL playoffs for Hartford....he signed a three-year contract in Sweden yet received a qualifying offer.
Is that just a paperwork thing?
he was injured for AHL playoffs
Karl being QO'd, despite signing back in Europe, is same as Panjuniemi currently,
and, back in '15 Carl Klingberg

team retains the QO'd RFA's NHL rights until they turn 27

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Ironically, if he didn't sign that contract, he probably wouldn't have been qualified. I don't think the Rangers necessarily wanted him back in Hartford, but since he's going to play overseas, there's no harm in giving him the QO and retaining his rights.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Ironically, if he didn't sign that contract, he probably wouldn't have been qualified. I don't think the Rangers necessarily wanted him back in Hartford, but since he's going to play overseas, there's no harm in giving him the QO and retaining his rights.

It makes a ton of sense on our end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad