Kane nominated for King Clancy

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
This has been hashed and rehashed. I'm in the camp that believe he had an arm or shoulder injury after that fight in game 3 (I think) that kept him from shooting as he normally does. The stats bear it out too as well as the eye test on how little he actually shot.

He also lost a child right before the playoffs.

Reactions: Doctor Soraluce

hateseed

TentacleGrapeSoda
Aug 3, 2011
Coastal California
Considering the racial bias I see among some fans regarding Kane's actions on and off ice, and what I personally have considered as at least partially racially motivated bias by on and off ice officials regarding Kane's on ice play, he makes for a dark horse perfect choice for this award in this cultural moment.

I don't know the guy, but the negative reaction to his personality and play seem overblown to the extent he is one of the major villains of the league. I agree with some others that his winning wouldn't sit well with some fans, but let them eat it imho...

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Feels like Dumba would be the obvious choice for the King Clancy from an optics POV. He was also an early voice for HDA and was the guy in the bubble to make the BLM statement while also not having any looming conflicts like Kane does. Kane's been more visibly outspoken about it throughout his career but not being in the post-season would hurt his chances.

With that said, this isn't a dick measuring contest.This is an all hands on deck kind of thing for HDA. If Dumba wins it, it would be much deserved and Kane would be cheering him on every step of the way.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
If he can just somehow scrap those bad penalties from his game, then Kane is absolutely worth his contract.
That needs to happen. The refs also need to stop watching infractions against Kane and ignoring them. I've watched many games where Kane takes dumb penalties after refs blatantly ignore shit all night.

Reactions: slocal and Phu

Ad

Upcoming events

• Austria vs Finland
    Austria vs Finland
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,377.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Sweden vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 5