Proposal: Kane & Murphy to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
To :leafs: Patrick Kane, Connor Murphy

To:hawks:Mitch Marner (25% retained), Nick Robertson, Justin Holl, 2 1st round picks, 2 2nd round picks

Hawks get younger and leafs get an elite superstar winger for Matthews and a top 6 right handed Defenceman.
Marner can easily put up 80+ points for the hawks. Robertson could finally have a shot at showing off his talent on a
different team.The hawks would have good young forward group set for their future with Marner, Debrincat, Dach, Robertson, and Kubalik.
The two 1st round picks will also help the hawks on their rebuild.
As for the leafs, Kane could be the player that allows them to move past the 1st round.
Matthews and Kane would be one of the top duos in the league, they are also olympic teammates.
The leafs top six would be: Bunting---Matthews---Kane
Kerfoot---Tavares---Nylander

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Wtf is this????
First given the allegations against the 2010 Blackhawks no chance the Leafs want anyone from that team.

2nd the difference between Marner and Kane isn’t our top prospect, 2 firsts and 2 2nds. Given their age I’d say Marner has more trade value despite his production in the playoffs the last 2 seasons.
Yes I know Connor Murphy is in there too but come on. 4 picks in the first 2 rounds and our top prospect.

3rd. Is the solution to our roster being 2 top heavy trading for an older player that also makes 10m?

Brutal poor thought out trade.

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
Wtf is this????
First given the allegations against the 2010 Blackhawks no chance the Leafs want anyone from that team.

2nd the difference between Marner and Kane isn’t our top prospect, 2 firsts and 2 2nds. Given their age I’d say Marner has more trade value despite his production in the playoffs the last 2 seasons.
Yes I know Connor Murphy is in there too but come on. 4 picks in the first 2 rounds and our top prospect.

3rd. Is the solution to our roster being 2 top heavy trading for an older player that also makes 10m?

Brutal poor thought out trade.
>Marner has more trade value
We are talking about Patrick Kane here

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
You glossed over the part where I said Marner is 8 years younger.

Also Kane, Towes and anyone else from that 2010 team are toxic right now. That effects his value.
I'd rather win now than wait for Marner to show up in the playoffs

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I'd rather win now than wait for Marner to show up in the playoffs
I rather have the much younger significantly better 2 way player.

Marner is young and he has been inconsistent in the playoffs. Some seasons like last year he wasn’t very good. But some years in the playoffs he has been our best player. Consistency will come with time for him.

Reactions: TML1990

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
I rather have the much younger significantly better 2 way player.

Marner is young and he has been inconsistent in the playoffs. Some seasons like last year he wasn’t very good. But some years in the playoffs he has been our best player. Consistency will come with time for him.
ok so you are okay with the leafs consistently losing in the first round, I understand now.

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Kane is better than Marner. Age is redundant here, guys like Ovechkin are leading the league in points.
Lol age matters when you are talking about a 24 year old and a 32 year old who put up virtually the same offensive numbers and the younger player is much better when his team doesn’t have the puck.

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
Leafs don't need so many young wingers, they have Nylander who is playing better than Marner.
Kane has tons of Playoff experience.

DangleBojangle

Feb 1, 2020
The leafs struggle is making it past the 1st round.
Patrick "playoff" Kane > Mitchell "Regular season" Marner

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Leafs don't need so many young wingers, they have Nylander who is playing better than Marner.
Kane has tons of Playoff experience.
You are going to have a hard time convincing many of us to trade Marner for Kane straight up.

And you are asking the leafs to add 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, and their top prospect, and retain 25%.
It’s not gonna happen. You can keep that toxic pos.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Wow this is a Hard no.

We are talking a Star player for a Star player that's almost a decade younger, PLUS arguably our best prospect, PLUS 2 1sts AND 2 2nds? AND Retention?? And all you adding in is Murphy?

Even putting Kane's character aside that's ridiculous. I honestly had though a Kane-Marner deal might make sense since Toronto is "going for it", but given the age difference and other issues i'd probably ask for an add to Kane or some retention...definitely not adding several parts

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad