Proposal: Kane for Kessel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
San Jose needs a top-6 scorer and Kane needs a new start somewhere else. Arizona is in a great position to take a chance on him. Kane is younger and could be a good trading chip if he turns things around.

So Kessel for Kane straight up.

Fair?

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
San Jose needs a top-6 scorer and Kane needs a new start somewhere else. Arizona is in a great position to take a chance on him. Kane is younger and could be a good trading chip if he turns things around.

Fair?

Why does Arizona (or any other team) owe Kane a "new start somewhere else"?

Last edited:
Reactions: Fisticuffer

rt

Clean Hits on Substack

Fair?
San Jose would need to add their 2022 1st, unprotected.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I was thinking through a scenario where San Jose retains 33% on Kane and adds assets, while AZ retains 50% on Kessel. Then AZ just buys out Kane in the off-season. But I’m pretty sure that still means AZ spends about $11.55mil in actual cash to remove Kane. I’m trying to think what the asset value is on that? I’m pretty sure it’s not just a single 1st round pick. I think that would cost San Jose a heckuva lot in assets.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Clowning are we?
He’s due 26 million dollars in real cash and no NHL team would allow him to play games for them at this point. Any idea how expensive it would be, in terms of assets, to sell 26 million dollars of dead-weight, toxic PR?

Look what Arizona got for taking Anton Stralman (currently playing on the 1st pair with Chychrun) and Andrew Ladd (currently an assistant captain). And these guys are owed extremely little in relative cash.

I don’t think you’ve paid close enough attention to these kinds of situations and that’s why your opinion is so off-base.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
He’s due 26 million dollars in real cash and no NHL team would allow him to play games for them at this point. Any idea how expensive it would be, in terms of assets, to sell 26 million dollars of dead-weight, toxic PR?

Look what Arizona got for taking Anton Stralman (currently playing on the 1st pair with Chychrun) and Andrew Ladd (currently an assistant captain). And these guys are owed extremely little in relative cash.

I don’t think you’ve paid close enough attention to these kinds of situations and that’s why your opinion is so off-base.
No, I just live in the real world
Now I agree he's be a bad fit for the Yotes. Seems he doesn't play well in back water losing organizations. He needs to go to a team with a solid veteran leadership core and of course a winner

Last edited by a moderator:

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I don't think an exercise in which one tries to quantify the number of assets it would take will get you anywhere in this case. He's going to be a problem for the Sharks to solve and no ownership group is going to have any interest in helping them out. I think the other clubs are just thanking their lucky stars this isn't something they have to deal with, to be honest.

They don't deserve it and there's a lot of sympathy for SJ, but that doesn't mean someone else wants any part of this. This sort of PR nightmare is just on another level and the players in the room basically already mutinied, making it clear they won't have him back.

I can't see many scenarios other than he serves his suspension and then is just sent home on paid leave the rest of the year, at which point the Sharks buy out the remaining two years on his deal.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Arizona is a team that is looking to acquire future assets for what they have whether that's Kessel or taking on cap dollars. The Sharks simply aren't in a position to pay a team to take Kane off their hands in any real way. If anything, they'd trade for Kessel with something like Simek and a 2nd round pick at 50% to try and make their team better but Kane is an issue they're going to have deal with on their own. My read of the situation is that the team will place Kane on waivers after his suspension is over and bury him. Either he refuses to report and they terminate on those grounds or agree to sit the remainder of the season and buy him out after. No team was willing to trade for him before the Sharks acquired him much less now so why bother?

Reactions: cowboy82nd

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Kane is a hard topic this time around. But I think Arizona is the ideal NHL spot for him considering they're getting nowhere, but he and Ladd had the worst beef. But if Kane gets traded for something it's likely the worst contract in the league, and I'm talking the WORST contract in the league but the next-best one sI can think of is Ryan Johansen/Matt Duchene or Jeff Skinner.

Knew San Jose shot themselves in the foot with that trade.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Kane is a hard topic this time around. But I think Arizona is the ideal NHL spot for him considering they're getting nowhere, but he and Ladd had the worst beef. But if Kane gets traded for something it's likely the worst contract in the league, and I'm talking the WORST contract in the league but the next-best one sI can think of is Ryan Johansen/Matt Duchene or Jeff Skinner.

Knew San Jose shot themselves in the foot with that trade.

Didn't Arizona just cut ties with Mitch Miller over bad PR? Don't think for a second that they're going to voluntarily bring in this scumbag.

Reactions: Sweetpotato

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Which owner wants Kane representing his organization on the ice?
Which coach or locker-room wants to answer questions about Kane with the media?
The guy is a shit-storm of toxicity. He'll be blacklisted amongst every individual owner.
If this was the NFL he'd be a blip of a story
Which team has the organization/locker room to keep him on the up and up as far as team goes. Most of the rest seems just be on fans of other teams

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Honestly, I could see Kane ending up in the KHL…unless they can figure out a cross league trade, SJ is stuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad