K'Andre Miller or Ty Smith?

K'Andre Miller or Ty Smith

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
As a Ranger fan-Smith. Had him in my top 10 (K’Andre I think at 16)
Miller doesn’t get enough credit for his season though

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Gimme K'Andre in the long run.

I'm skeptical about how well Smith's tools will translate against NHLers, despite his smarts...I suspect that he's more Mete / Brodin than true top pairing prospect. Whereas I loved Miller's tools, with my only questions being about how much development he still needed & how much of that development he would actually achieve...and he's covered a big chunk of that ground this season.

So given that the avs blueline isn't in desperate need of whatever help we can get, I'mma gamble on the higher upside guy who's not as far along.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Idk Miller’s numbers but Smith was WHL Dman of the year and broke 60+
Miller had 22 points in 26 games, leading scorer on his team had 26 in 37. Miller was second in PPG after Linus Weissbach (5’9 forward, 20 year old) who had 25 in 27. No one else on the team really comes close to their PPG

Miller had better numbers in his freshman season than Werenski and Makar iirc though I’m in no way saying he’ll be better than them, just saying it is impressive.

He’s a 6’4 dman who has crazy athleticism and skating for his size. He’s a project, but if he hits his potential he’ll be a rare defenseman. This is only his 3rd full season playing defense as well

Again though, I’d take Smith. I wouldn’t have minded him with 9th overall and the Devils got someone who I think will be a top pairing defenseman. He doesn’t have the potential of Miller but he still has a very high ceiling

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I'll take Smith. I'm not a big fan of Miller. He scored a lot of points this season, but every time I saw him play, he didn't play well.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I'll take Smith. I'm not a big fan of Miller. He scored a lot of points this season, but every time I saw him play, he didn't play well.
I really didn’t like his play at the WJC but every time I saw him at Wisconsin he was impressive. He’s a project

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
I'm leaning on K'Andre personally but I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I really didn’t like his play at the WJC but every time I saw him at Wisconsin he was impressive. He’s a project
I thought he was fine at the WJC. It's very rare for u19 defensemen to be particularly good in that tournament.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad