Speculation: Kaliyev trade...

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Looking like Ottawa landed Ullmark today.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/bosto...anding-spot-for-bruins-linus-ullmark-revealed

"Trade rumors surrounding Boston Bruins goalie Linus Ullmark are at an all-time high. According to Bruce Garrioch, trade talks between the Bruins and Ottawa Senators have intensified. David Pagnotta also recently wrote that two sources informed him that Ullmark would accept a trade to Ottawa if a deal was finalized.

However, while Ottawa's interest in Ullmark is high, other clubs, including the Detroit Red Wings, are still in the goalie market. With Ullmark being the last big fish on the trade market, it would not be too shocking if the Red Wings stepped up their efforts to acquire him."
Wow he would rather go to Ottawa than a organization like La or out west ? Is there something about the west coast?

Attach Kaliyev to Kuemper and send both to Ottawa for a 7th

Yes I know Ottawa would never do it but if we get rid of all Blake’s mistakes can we get rid of Blake and his buddy Luc
Luc and Bergevin first, please

All The Kings Men

Apr 7, 2016
Yea that could be, also maybe that some players from Europe dont like big cities and want small town feel?
This is why I don't waste any time thinking about "why" any specific player would or wouldn't want to go to any specific team.

I'm sure over the years that some guys have wanted to play for their home town teams, some have wanted to play for the teams they loved as a kid, some want to be close to family, some just want the highest paycheck.... at the end of the day who knows?

In the immortal words of Ted Lasso... all people are different people.

EDIT: Why Zdeno Chara Chose Bruins Over Kings As Free Agent In 2006 - NESN.com

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
hopefully if something does happen, the player coming back is young with upside like Kaliyev , maybe a Jarventie , Grieg, Pettersson something along those lines, not Brannstrom as we don't need small average defensemen

Aside from some of the names mentioned in this thread as possible targets, the Kings organizational goaltending depth isn’t the best and the Sens have a few interesting netminders so maybe there’s a deal there to be made.

Reactions: MonkeysUncle

Peter James Bond III

De-LUC-sional
Jul 8, 2020
Saros signing 8 year extension? Wow.

Blake should be calling for Askarov. Yes, Portillo had a very good season, but saw so many poor movements and think he will always be prone to having lapses and bad goals given up.
I was surprised he did as well as he did. I'm not sold. He has raised his value, some.

I say get Askarov. He's 22 and ready. Can start in Ontario and Rittich can be dealt, any time of the season. I would try to add Englund and get Lauzon, but don't think they would do that. Yannetti can still get a decent prospect at 55. I think Dvorak was 54 OA last year. I don't think Portillo will ever be a #1....but, he can be a good backup to Saros.

#1 2024, Kaliyev, Portillo.
Askarov #2 2024 55 OA

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Saros signing 8 year extension? Wow.

Blake should be calling for Askarov. Yes, Portillo had a very good season, but saw so many poor movements and think he will always be prone to having lapses and bad goals given up.
I was surprised he did as well as he did. I'm not sold. He has raised his value, some.

I say get Askarov. He's 22 and ready. Can start in Ontario and Rittich can be dealt, any time of the season. I would try to add Englund and get Lauzon, but don't think they would do that. Yannetti can still get a decent prospect at 55. I think Dvorak was 54 OA last year. I don't think Portillo will ever be a #1....but, he can be a good backup to Saros.

#1 2024, Kaliyev, Portillo.
Askarov #2 2024 55 OA
Would be worth looking into, but I would look to deal 25 1st. Would want to see who falls to 21.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Man I should have been even more greedy. Got the 26th and 2nd for just the 21st.
YARN | Greed is right. Greed works. | Wall Street (1987 ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad