Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
It's funny how after crapping the bed for over a decade (for the most part) with questionable picks, Timmins (Bergevin) ended up having 3 very solid 1st round picks in a row right before they were canned...

2019- Caufield (15)
2020- Guhle (16)
2021- Mailloux (31)

Anyways, at this point I'm questioning whether Guhle's upside is actually higher than Sanderson's
It highlights that the problem wasn't really drafting but development. Those guys pretty much turned pro under in the Hughes era. And it's after they turned pro that things usually fell off the rails for our prospects under Bergevin, they tended to be highly regarded as junior aged players, have fairly good rookie years and then just never progress or even start to regress as pros. Which isn't really surprising given the coaches Bergevin hired, the lack of development coaches, and the attitude of it's all on the player to take care of their own development.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

Habs best player so far
He's much better than he has been the last two years imo. He's just 22 he'll keep improving his overall game. Way too many of our fans act like if our 22 years old player are finished product. Some of them wont improve it happens but it must not be taken for granted that all wont improve. Like Haineman is not a finished product yet, How much will he improve only time will tell but he'll get stronger and become more confortable on the ice.

Last edited:

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
He's much better than he has been the last two years imo. He's just 22 he'll keep improving his overall game. Way too many of our fans act like if our 22 years old player are finished product. Some of them wont improve it happens but it must not be taken for granted that all wont improve. Like Haineman is not a finished product yet, How much he will imrpove only time will tell but he'll get stronger and become more confortable on the ice.
👍

Reactions: cphabs

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Great start to the season for Guhle. He's our only + player right now at +6. Next guy is Hutson at -1. Savard with his heavy defensive usage is -5 but that's goes with the challenges we have him playing.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
On top of everything you guys have already said, he is a really confident player but doesn't get cocky at all and always in control. Big big big leadership guy.

While i don't think he will ever be a 60 pts guy because he will lack PP time, he will be pretty good producer 5 vs 5 only based on his mobility and quality shot.

Frankly, he has everything a player needs to be an elite type and simply has no weakness. I always loved and praised him and i think he will probably be our most important player in our cup runs.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
He's not significantly "better" than last year, he's just putting up more points and all you guys see is the DB page. He's been the Habs best player with Suzuki since last year.

You guys just need someone to point at things and tell you it's blue for it to turn blue.

Canadiens98

Jan 29, 2021
What a player he's already become and this is only year 3 with 118 games played .... Physical, good speed, good anticipation, fearless, and sees the ice really well when we have the puck too. It feels like he's been able to handle everything MSL has given him and explains why he always talks about him so positively. In 3-4 years if he continues to get better he'll be one of the top shutdown dmen in the league.

Leto

Feb 16, 2023
On top of everything you guys have already said, he is a really confident player but doesn't get cocky at all and always in control. Big big big leadership guy.

While i don't think he will ever be a 60 pts guy because he will lack PP time, he will be pretty good producer 5 vs 5 only based on his mobility and quality shot.

Frankly, he has everything a player needs to be an elite type and simply has no weakness. I always loved and praised him and i think he will probably be our most important player in our cup runs.

Loved him reacting to the Puljujarvi hit.

Trenbohabs

Sep 25, 2024

totally agree with you! Last year i was hoping he had pp2 time, his one timer is insane! i was pissed that xhekaj was getting it over him. Guhle just needs a touch more confidence to skate with the puck as he often makes quick passes to forwards that are covered, its his only weakness IMO

Reactions: Benstheman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad