Player Discussion Kaiden Guhle

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
It's good if he can at least get one preseason game in, before the season starts. I definitely would not force it, though, if they feel like he's not quite there yet. No use taking any risks, especially since the game against Ottawa might get chippy.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
He addressed his weight gain comments from the end of last season today.

He said he did gain a bit of weight, but didn't feel as fast so he slimmed back up and thinks this is a better weight for him to play at.

Makes sense I guess, considering his speed is so critical to his play style.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
He addressed his weight gain comments from the end of last season today.

He said he did gain a bit of weight, but didn't feel as fast so he slimmed back up and thinks this is a better weight for him to play at.

Makes sense I guess, considering his speed is so critical to his play style.
How?

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

Well, escaping off the boards, skating the puck out, tracking back with quick players on the rush and keeping a solid gap are some of the things I'd say he does really well, and they require speed and agility.

As someone who was thinking he needed to gain weight to be more effective, I can give him credit for trying it out, and deciding he'd rather be a little lighter and quicker.

JIMVINNY

Nov 9, 2007
Well, escaping off the boards, skating the puck out, tracking back with quick players on the rush and keeping a solid gap are some of the things I'd say he does really well, and they require speed and agility.

As someone who was thinking he needed to gain weight to be more effective, I can give him credit for trying it out, and deciding he'd rather be a little lighter and quicker.
I don't think Guhle is going to get his man-weight for a couple more years. He's still quite young, and I bet when he's halfway through the new contract, he'll have gained a bit of mass while keeping his speed and quickness.

Reactions: Canadienna

Grate n Colorful Oz

Pure Laine Hutson
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
It's good if he can at least get one preseason game in, before the season starts. I definitely would not force it, though, if they feel like he's not quite there yet. No use taking any risks, especially since the game against Ottawa might get chippy.

Dude... my memory might be faulty, but IIRC you and I talked about Ghouls n Ghosts when we drafted Guhle, how all we were missing was a player named similar to Goblin or Ghost, and I never got around to making a spoof of it. Well....

Here it is:

Polish-20241004-172137932.jpg

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

The mobility is his best skill. If he got stronger like he says it's all good.
If he can play solid minute munching D and put up 30 points I'd call it a success.

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Dude... my memory might be faulty, but IIRC you and I talked about Ghouls n Ghosts when we drafted Guhle, how all we were missing was a player named similar to Goblin or Ghost, and I never got around to making a spoof of it. Well....

Here it is:

Polish-20241004-172137932.jpg
Sure sounds like something I would say :laugh: I love it, great work my man ! I'll have it as my avatar for a few weeks, if you don't mind !

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
I will be surprised if he plays tonight or this coming week tbh.

It is normal to be able to casually skate shortly after an appendectomy but there are commonly strict lifting/physical exertion limitations for about a month afterwards.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

If he is going to abandon the idea of gaining mass then he will need to adjust his play style and use his feet more to escape contact instead of bracing and accepting it.

He will naturally add some mass as he matures so perhaps he will be fine in this regard but the key to his upside is taking full advatage of his high end skating and playing less like Savard. I really like Savard but he has no choice but to take punishment and he certainly has the body type to take it.

Playing on his strong side would also really help as it is much easier to move the puck quickly and avoid getting crunched so often.

Reactions: themilosh

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad