Kaiden Guhle potential

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Potential of Kaiden Guhle

• Total voters

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
They haven’t been close to a top team in the league in recent seasons. They wouldn’t have even made the playoffs with a normal divisional alignment. The Habs winning the Cup would absolutely be a fluke. Doesn’t mean it counts less, but why would Ottawa want to build their team in that way? It’s not a high percentage strategy.
We have already proven we're not a fluke. Vegas who everyone touted as a Stanley Cup favourite have had their hands full with us.

We have all the pieces in place without having to stoop to tanking. We are seeing Suzuki, KK, and Caufield getting better with more experience. We are consistently ranked in the top 5 of NHL prospect pools by most sites, and the current roster is a perfect mix of youth and veterans.

The Habs haven't been a top team but neither has Ottawa or your Rangers for that matter. What makes Ottawa's rebuild so much better when they're sitting on the sidelines and we're fighting for a spot in the SCF? What has Ottawa achieved that makes their rebuild such a high percentage strategy?

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We have already proven we're not a fluke. Vegas who everyone touted as a Stanley Cup favourite have had their hands full with us.

We have all the pieces in place without having to stoop to tanking. We are seeing Suzuki, KK, and Caufield getting better with more experience. We are consistently ranked in the top 5 of NHL prospect pools by most sites, and the current roster is a perfect mix of youth and veterans.

The Habs haven't been a top team but neither has Ottawa or your Rangers for that matter. What makes Ottawa's rebuild so much better when they're sitting on the sidelines and we're fighting for a spot in the SCF? What has Ottawa achieved that makes their rebuild such a high percentage strategy?

Tanking is what yields the overwhelming majority of well built teams. Montreal doesn’t have the pieces for sustainable success. It requires young stars. Maybe Suzuki, but Kotkaniemi and Caufield have a long way to go to prove they are going to be that. Who else do they have that is a current young star or projects as such? It’s good to have a good prospect pool, but Montreal’s prospect pool is good more due to the accumulation of picks than picking future stars with those picks.

Wasting picks/prospects/contracts on trying to build out depth isn’t the way to go. Most cup winners are very top heavy rosters. Montreal also has some terrible contracts that’ll be hard to get rid of like Price and Weber. Before about a month ago most of you guys wanted Bergevin fired and now Montreal is building a good team? I don’t think so.

There’s no guarantee of success with Ottawa’s rebuild, but they have higher end pieces in their prospect pool, along with some good young NHL building blocks in Chabot, Tkachuk, and Stuetzle that Montreal doesn’t have aside from Suzuki. They also don’t have large amounts of their cap tied up on veterans who will become big cap problems for them in future years.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Tanking is what yields the overwhelming majority of well built teams. Montreal doesn’t have the pieces for sustainable success. It requires young stars. Maybe Suzuki, but Kotkaniemi and Caufield have a long way to go to prove they are going to be that. Who else do they have that is a current young star or projects as such? It’s good to have a good prospect pool, but Montreal’s prospect pool is good more due to the accumulation of picks than picking future stars with those picks.

Wasting picks/prospects/contracts on trying to build out depth isn’t the way to go. Most cup winners are very top heavy rosters. Montreal also has some terrible contracts that’ll be hard to get rid of like Price and Weber. Before about a month ago most of you guys wanted Bergevin fired and now Montreal is building a good team? I don’t think so.

There’s no guarantee of success with Ottawa’s rebuild, but they have higher end pieces in their prospect pool, along with some good young NHL building blocks in Chabot, Tkachuk, and Stuetzle that Montreal doesn’t have aside from Suzuki. They also don’t have large amounts of their cap tied up on veterans who will become big cap problems for them in future years.
The Habs will never embarrass themselves and tank on purpose and yet, they still have all their pieces in place. You can disagree all you want but there are only 4 teams still playing and we're one of them.

You obviously don't watch the Habs hence your biased opinion of Price, Toffoli, Weber, Gallagher and the rookie pool.

Many teams have won without being top heavy including the Blues a couple of years ago.

I've seen your posts and I know you don't like the Habs which is fine. The reality is they're still playing along with the Islanders and Vegas and you know what the three teams have in common? They're not top heavy.

Ask the Laffs and the Oilers how being top heavy has worked out for them. No one cares about inflated player stats during the regular season. What good does that do when you fold like a cheap blanket in the playoffs?

The only thing Ottawa will ever be is a farm team for the rest of the NHL. Whenever they develop a player who is decent, they have to trade him. They can't afford a winning team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Koivu11

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Realistically he's got the potential to be in the top 4 someday. But he could also become Jeff Petry-lite.

Juxta Position

Jul 2, 2006
Gonna need to see some evidence of a future too pairing D man. I mean seriously? Guy has a mediocre offensive game at best and people are calling him a top pairing guy?

i disagree. i live in Prince Albert and watched Guhle quite a bit. Now, i wouldn't say he has #1 potential, i have him down as a solid #3, but to call his offensive game "mediocre" is just flat out uninformed. He has excellent offensive instincts, and just because a player doesn't rack up points, doesn't mean they aren't involved in creating offensive opportunities, and Guhle creats alot of them from the back end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad