Kadri vs the field (suspensions)

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Yeah every time I think about how pissed I am at Kadri I have to remind myself that it was nowhere near as bad as it looked - if twinkles doesn't slip and fall to ice a split second before Kadri hits him, there's no suspension. And yes that Johnsson inceient looked pretty blatant to me too no matter how much Bruin fans are denying it.

The way Marchand got up looking satisfied and smug it was definitely intentional

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
I just wish the guy that was making a good run at Marner along with chara had stayed on his feet long enough for Naz to get him with that hard charge.

He would have flattened him regardless. I'm just happy kadri gets to come back and tbey get to start looking over their shoulder every time he is on the ice.

I love kadri playing physical. He has to not go over the line but he has to just stay on the line. They are going to be hating on him when he gets back and a few good hits from him should get them to self detonate;)))

Last edited:

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
I just wish the guy that was making a good run at Marner along with chara had stayed on his feet long enough for Naz to get him with that hard charge.

He would have flattened him regardless. I'm just happy kadri gets to come back and tbey get to start looking over their shoulder every time he is on the ice.

I love kadri playing physical. He has to not go over the line but he has to just stay on the line. They are going to be hating on him when he gets back and a few good hits from him should get them to self detonate;)))

I am just hoping all the Kadri haters can GTFO; they ruining playoff experience for me

Also, can't wait for Kadri to score game winners to clinch the series and really troll the bruins crowd and his haters

:crossfing

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Should have been 2 games but I can understand 3 seeing as the league needs to do something about head shots.

Morrisey should get two for that vicious cross-check to the head if Kadri got 3.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Kadri got what he deserved.

Marchand's soccer tackle of Johnsson was, imo, intentional and deserving of a suspension.

Sadly, from my perspective, both plays had the intent to injure.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Kadri got what he deserved.

Marchand's soccer tackle of Johnsson was, imo, intentional and deserving of a suspension.

Sadly, from my perspective, both plays had the intent to injure.

Jeez i wish both of them had gotten away with it!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I am just hoping all the Kadri haters can GTFO; they ruining playoff experience for me

Also, can't wait for Kadri to score game winners to clinch the series and really troll the bruins crowd and his haters

:crossfing

It’s pretty sad when Kadri Hater = Anyone who believes his head shot was a suspension

You can’t wait for Kadri to score so that you can then troll people.

Many of us can’t wait for Kadri to score so that we can see them advance to the next round.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotpaws

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Watch the video. Guy fell just as Kadri was about to hit him; if the guy was standing it would have been shoulder to shoulder hit

Yup. Because he fell the hit was shoulder to glass instead. If he had been a bit lower, Kadri's hip wouldn't have caught him all, if he had been a bit higher, it would have been shoulder to shoulder. His head was at just the perfect height to make it look really bad and it all happened within about half a second.

Half a second, think about that for a moment. Pretty disappointing to see some Leaf fans acting like this was a premeditated act that Kadri had been planning for weeks.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
It’s funny to see the biased ref/league defense used by people whose only defense of the hit was that it was Kadri.

Excuses abound. Credibility in short supply

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It’s pretty sad when Kadri Hater = Anyone who believes his head shot was a suspension

You can’t wait for Kadri to score so that you can then troll people.

Many of us can’t wait for Kadri to score so that we can see them advance to the next round.
Funny, I wasn't called a Kadri hater and I said it was dirty multiple times.

Reactions: Johnny Steps

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Kadri is kind of an idiot. Good player, but still kind of an idiot.
/close thread.

To prove it, in his mind, he felt he was justified in "finishing the check".

Not even close Kadri.

NHL said clearly and correctly:
it was boarding
Kadri has a history of messing up before.
Wingels was defenseless and on his knees.
Being reckless in retribution will not be tolerated.

Although the NHL doesn't say it directly, this is what they really think:
We, the NHL, are at risk of paying out Billions in Concussion lawsuits. Anyone who doesn't listen to our head shot crackdown will eventually be removed from the league so we can protect our money. We dont mind protecting players, but well, we haven't done that in the past. What's changed ? Now we have big rea$son$ to crack down now.

If Kadri was a man, he drops his gloves and punches Wingels in the face. Just like Hainsey did.

Last edited:
Reactions: hotpaws

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
It’s funny to see the biased ref/league defense used by people whose only defense of the hit was that it was Kadri.

Excuses abound. Credibility in short supply

Bruins do get favorable calls because of Jacobs and Kadri's hit was clearly a bone head play with intent to injure.

My debate is if it is worth 3.5 games suspension in the playoff's.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Problem fans have is with the inconsistency. Kadri deserved to be suspended but based on previous punishment handed out by the league, 3 games was too much. Blind refs do not help the league's case. Witness the Morrissey cross check to the face of Eric Staal last night where no call was made.

Boudreau: Non-call on Morrissey 'cost us the game'.

Ah, Bruce the Non-call on Morrissey cost you the series.

Let's see what the league gives Morrissey.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I think Morrissey would make a real good employee working for Trump's.

As for Morrissey, the Jets defenceman said the act was simply accidental.
"He's a big guy, and my stick ended up getting up a little bit on him," Morrissey said. "I would never try to do that to anybody. I'm not a dirty player."

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
/close thread.

To prove it, in his mind, he felt he was justified in "finishing the check".

Not even close Kadri.

NHL said clearly and correctly:
it was boarding
Kadri has a history of messing up before.
Wingels was defenseless and on his knees.
Being reckless in retribution will not be tolerated.

Although the NHL doesn't say it directly, this is what they really think:
We, the NHL, are at risk of paying out Billions in Concussion lawsuits. Anyone who doesn't listen to our head shot crackdown will eventually be removed from the league so we can protect our money. We dont mind protecting players, but well, we haven't done that in the past. What's changed ? Now we have big rea$son$ to crack down now.

If Kadri was a man, he drops his gloves and punches Wingels in the face. Just like Hainsey did.

The thumbnail in that video literally shows it all.

Hit from behind, little jump before the hit, intentionally targeting the back/head, clearly forced his hips that way.

Last edited:

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
The thumbnail in that video literally shows it all.
You can see why they picked that one.
It looks REALLY bad.

Wingels only missed one game I think.

Tommy Wingels - Boston Bruins - 2018 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com

Tommy Wingels will be a healthy scratch in Game 3 against the Toronto Maple Leafs.
Wingels missed the last game because of an injury (he was on the receiving end of the hit that landed Nazem Kadri a three-game suspension), but the Bruins announced that he's totally healthy now, but Riley Nash returning will leave him on the sideline. The 30-year-old had nine goals and eight assists in 75 games this season. Ryan Donato and Paul Postma will also serve as healthy scratches. Apr 16 - 6:45 PM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad